Tarke Cat's Tencent Video

"
xMustard wrote:

see, thing is most people that say stuff like this just go shopping at walmart and such.

yeah, lets be real here, if you have a pc and are on the internet making statements its probably safe to say youre not living in a hand made cabin in the woods completely off the grid of society. That means its almost certain you give money to megacorps who are hand in hand with at least 1 corrupt government, probably extremely regularly.

You live in the machine, theres no escape from it short of going full into the wild style crazy. Boycott supermarkets and buy food at small stores? Ok what food are you buying? Cocacola products? Something made by a company whos owned by a company whos owned by a mega corp? probably. You really going ham on the principals and only eating food bought direct from farmers, you only eat food that is grown in your own country locally and only eat it in season? Cool, so where do they buy their farm machines, where do they buy the fuel for those machines? They drilling for their own oil and processing it or is the money you give them then being used to buy products from megacorps?...

and this money you use to buy stuff, you store that in a bank by any chance?...

trust me I have no love for the machine, Id tear it down and make something new if I could, but I cant, none of us can. There is no escape where you still get to be on the internet playing games and eating a diverse range of enjoyable food etc. You give GGG the indie devs money, you think any of that money was spent in macdonalds? you think that money wasnt put into a bank that was probably owned by a bigger bank that was probably up to its neck in murky bullshit?
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

see, thing is most people that say stuff like this just go shopping at walmart and such.

yeah, lets be real here, if you have a pc and are on the internet making statements its probably safe to say youre not living in a hand made cabin in the woods completely off the grid of society. That means its almost certain you give money to megacorps who are hand in hand with at least 1 corrupt government, probably extremely regularly.

You live in the machine, theres no escape from it short of going full into the wild style crazy. Boycott supermarkets and buy food at small stores? Ok what food are you buying? Cocacola products? Something made by a company whos owned by a company whos owned by a mega corp? probably. You really going ham on the principals and only eating food bought direct from farmers, you only eat food that is grown in your own country locally and only eat it in season? Cool, so where do they buy their farm machines, where do they buy the fuel for those machines? They drilling for their own oil and processing it or is the money you give them then being used to buy products from megacorps?...

and this money you use to buy stuff, you store that in a bank by any chance?...

trust me I have no love for the machine, Id tear it down and make something new if I could, but I cant, none of us can. There is no escape where you still get to be on the internet playing games and eating a diverse range of enjoyable food etc. You give GGG the indie devs money, you think any of that money was spent in macdonalds? you think that money wasnt put into a bank that was probably owned by a bigger bank that was probably up to its neck in murky bullshit?

+1
1337 21gn17ur3
I'll take fighting it's advancements tooth and nail over quiet sad surrender. Just because it is everywhere and/or the norm does not mean you cannot stand against it when you have the ability to.

Posts like this are... fuck. Okay guys let's just accept that life sucks we are powerless and that this dudes views are the correct assumptions to be made.

Defeatist ass bullshit. Where is your dignity?

Every single way you break away from supporting the machine, whatever you want to call it... is a step in the right direction IMO.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on May 22, 2018, 7:13:20 AM
"
DarkNRG wrote:
I'll take fighting it's advancements tooth and nail over quiet sad surrender. Just because it is everywhere and/or the norm does not mean you cannot stand against it when you have the ability to.

Posts like this are... fuck. Okay guys let's just accept that life sucks we are powerless and that this dudes views are the correct assumptions to be made.

Every single way you break away from supporting the machine, whatever you want to call it... is a step in the right direction IMO.

Alright buddy, break away then. You're gonna have to give up way more than PoE though, since Tencent own a billion companies and they've been collecting your cash since before you knew what a Tencent is. By the way, Tencent basically own Fortnite, League, Warframe, etc. etc. and their investment in Ubisoft turned the company around. They've done a lot of good for the western gaming scene and they're smart enough to not mess with working formulas (at least in the U.S./Europe, if you're playing the Chinese PoE then have fun buying chaos orbs with cash, son).

On some level I sympathize with people who don't want to support evil companies, but that's basically impossible in today's world. Just be thankful that your geographic and social position allows you to make these choices in the first place. You could've been born, for example, in a communist shithole where you aren't allowed to talk about tanks rolling over civilians and the air you breathe is considered hazardous. As a western customer, you'll see PoE improve a lot and you'll benefit from Tencent's investment. As an eastern customer, you will be abused in a backstreet alley with P2W bullshit since the whole reason Tencent is buying into GGG is so they can expand the game in China and do what they want with it.

-200 Social Credit score
Last edited by ChefoSLR on May 22, 2018, 8:52:34 AM
"
ChefoSLR wrote:
"
DarkNRG wrote:

Alright buddy, break away then. You're gonna have to give up way more than PoE though, since Tencent own a billion companies and they've been collecting your cash since before you knew what a Tencent is. By the way, Tencent basically own Fortnite, League, Warframe, etc. etc. and their investment in Ubisoft turned the company around. They've done a lot of good for the western gaming scene and they're smart enough to not mess with working formulas (at least in the U.S./Europe, if you're playing the Chinese PoE then have fun buying chaos orbs with cash, son).

On some level I sympathize with people who don't want to support evil companies, but that's basically impossible in today's world. Just be thankful that your geographic and social position allows you to make these choices in the first place. You could've been born, for example, in a communist shithole where you aren't allowed to talk about tanks rolling over civilians and the air you breathe is considered hazardous. As a western customer, you'll see PoE improve a lot and you'll benefit from Tencent's investment. As an eastern customer, you will be abused in a backstreet alley with P2W bullshit since the whole reason Tencent is buying into GGG is so they can expand the game in China and do what they want with it.

-200 Social Credit score

Oops someone didn't read the material. It's okay I understand there is a lot here in many scattered threads. I am completely cutoff from Tencent except for this forum. I appreciate you simultaneously trying to illuminate me and degrade my position. I play none of that shit, no discord, no blizzard, no activision, no ubisoft, no EA. I do speak with my money. I support things I believe in whenever and wherever possible. It is doable and truth be told atm I don't miss out on much. I don't pre-order, I don't do early access unless I am thoroughly invested in a project/game and even then I give myself a waiting period.

I have a super simple method a lot of you might care to implement, if a thing is not a pressing need, to pull away from snap purchases I delay at least 3 times. If I still want it and it hasn't gone to shit after that, then I buy.

It's not easy, but it is doable... and maybe you should stop selling it as harder than it really is.

Edit: Also I wouldn't say as a westerner you are safe form this shit for long, gambling laws have just changed, lootboxes undergoing legal treatment to be defined as such will be fair game again. These companies have the power to shape things around them. Financed by our own consumerism. We are doing this to ourselves. I need people to understand that they have the ability and power to stop that.

I was a gamer long before gaming turned into what it is now.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on May 22, 2018, 9:15:47 AM
"
Chinese internet giant Tencent has taken down a local, Chinese-language chatbot developed with Microsoft's artificial intelligence by a Beijing-based company after it was less than complimentary about the ruling Chinese Communist Party.

"The group chatbot services are provided by independent third party companies," Tencent said in a statement. "We are now adjusting the services which will be resumed after improvements."

Since beginning operation in March, the Baby Q and XiaoBing chatbots had recent given a number of responses unlikely to be welcomed inside the Great Firewall, where government censors are quick to pounce on a long list of banned, politically "sensitive" expressions.

Asked if it would agree with the phrase "Long Live the Communist Party," the Baby Q bot replied tartly: "Why would I wish long life to such a corrupt regime?"

Later, asked by another user if it loved the ruling party, it returned a curt "No, I don't."

Baby Q, which was developed by the Beijing-based company Turing Robot, also appeared to harbor some unauthorized views on patriotism.

"What is a patriot?" asked one user. To which the AI program retorted:

"A patriot is someone who still wants to be Chinese in spite of corrupt officials sending their families and assets overseas, the collusion between government and business, increasing tax revenues and growing oppression of ordinary people."

Asked if democracy was a good idea, the bot replied: "We must democratize."

Another user picked up a catchphrase beloved of Chinese President Xi Jinping, asking the bot: "What is your Chinese dream?"

"My Chinese dream," the bot replied, "is to emigrate to the United States."

Baby Q was taken offline after these exchanges, with online reports claiming that its programmers had been called in to "drink tea" with the internet police.

A Tencent account-holder who had previously chatted with the bot said he was surprised by the move.

"For a computer to say such things is the natural result of logical processes in its programming, and yet the government regards ... it as taboo," the account-holder said.

Shenzhen-based Internet entrepreneur Zhang Jinjun said the chatbot's "misbehavior" is likely the result of access to data outside of the government's tightly controlled online parameters and could have come from people it has chatted with in recent months.

"In the space of communicating with a million people, it is going to start to build its own knowledge base," Zhang said. "It is quite likely that it will draw conclusions that are similar to universal values [of freedom, rule of law and democracy]."

"It is pretty close to the mainstream of political culture and the direction of history," he said. "It is highly likely that the bot would form ideas critical of China's political system when viewed from within its own system of understanding."

An employee who answered the phone at Tencent's publicity department declined to comment when contacted by RFA.

Reported by Xin Lin for RFA's Mandarin Service. Translated and edited by Luisetta Mudie.

So do the Chinese PoE players get to use these forums?

"
DarkNRG wrote:

+1

It's not just a choice of "Do i change my whole life and exit society" or "I have no chance to change the system, so i should stop trying".
As DarkNRG said, that's just defeatist.

If everyone does a little then it will count.
Source: Microtransactions work, too. You can't single-handedly safe or sustain PoE, but the community did it, each member with what was realistically possible for them, even if it was only a little.

I supported as much as i did only because it was this little kiwi indie dev that tried to do a fair f2p while realizing their dream game and because of their (presumed) transparency and interaction with the community.
Basically because they tried to do their own thing, but they aren't their own thing anymore. So that's history.

Edit: typos
Last edited by Antaiseito on May 22, 2018, 9:57:05 AM
just one thing guys - you're getting all this high and mighty over.......A FUCKING VIDEO GAME

lol

really honestly does make me laugh. "we're talking about a multi billion dollar company buying my video game! i have MORAL LIMITS GODDAMMIT!"

lololol at least its entertaining.
Look past the game for two seconds and actually read what people are saying. You're named after my favorite condiment. A little spicy, good texture, not as thick as that red shit.

Come on.

Last edited by DarkNRG on May 22, 2018, 10:41:47 AM
"
Snailmail wrote:
I have no problem with GGG selling out control of the company. The owners have a right to cash out whenever or however they choose. Too bad they didn't sell to a company that wasn't under the thumb of an authoritarian government that is also actively assisting that government with monitoring their citizens.

I wish GGG and Path of Tencent good social credit in the scores to come...

So Activision or Ubisoft are cool? Not that I'm defending tencent, but at least their record with games is pretty good, as they are backing the top tier games of their niche (LOL, clash of clans, fortnite and now poe)
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on May 22, 2018, 10:58:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info