Tarke Cat's Tencent Video

I just think the whole Tencent thing is a very bad move, every time I saw a small studio being bought by a big corporation their game turned to shit after being monetized in every aspect possible. and I saw that time after time over the years.
I agree with what he said about the community. Extreme responses, endless arguing, and pack mentality in the forums do not result in positive outcomes for anyone. The best thing to do is to chill out continue to play as you normally would, instead of ruining it for yourself and others by running rampant on the announcement post. If you don't like the game you can stop playing, and I for one do not decide to stop playing games I enjoy due to business changes and strategies the developers make.
"
Nathomate wrote:
If you don't like the game you can stop playing, and I for one do not decide to stop playing games I enjoy due to business changes and strategies the developers make.

I don't disagree - but will you continue to financially support business changes and strategies the developers make, by giving those developers your money?

It's the question at the forefront of my mind all day. I'm genuinely curious how other people feel.
"
Foxfirega wrote:
I don't disagree - but will you continue to financially support business changes and strategies the developers make, by giving those developers your money?

It's the question at the forefront of my mind all day. I'm genuinely curious how other people feel.

The company I previously supported no longer exists. I cannot in good conscience give money to a multi-billion dollar megacorp that is a lackey to an authoritarian government.
I wish you good social credit in the scores to come.
"
Foxfirega wrote:
"
Nathomate wrote:
If you don't like the game you can stop playing, and I for one do not decide to stop playing games I enjoy due to business changes and strategies the developers make.

I still plan on purchasing packs and cosmetics that I think look pretty, because fashion is the true end-game. All jokes aside, I am happy to continue to support the game as long as I am playing, however the cost of supporter packs I feel could definitely be reduced as they are no the only lifeline funding development anymore. For me personally, paying money and having it go Tencent is no different to paying money for Overwatch and it going to blizzard and so on.
"
Molochmane wrote:
tarke who?

Its the guy who act like a monkey on the twitch stream.
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
"
Snailmail wrote:
I have no problem with GGG selling out control of the company. The owners have a right to cash out whenever or however they choose. Too bad they didn't sell to a company that wasn't under the thumb of an authoritarian government that is also actively assisting that government with monitoring their citizens.

I wish GGG and Path of Tencent good social credit in the scores to come...

And you think you not been monitored in the western world. Dont be naive.

If no wrong doing whats wrong been monitored, do you know in China if you committed a serious crime you wont even make it out of your suburb. Case normally solved in hours.
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
"
You for one are too hopeless to enlighten.

keep trollin the forums man. you're doing great with your life.

"
Snailmail wrote:
The company I previously supported no longer exists. I cannot in good conscience give money to a multi-billion dollar megacorp that is a lackey to an authoritarian government.

see, thing is most people that say stuff like this just go shopping at walmart and such. im not sure why people are being so adamant that they "supported GGG because they were small kiwi indie company" blah blah.
cmon, you're not fooling anyone. it isn't like you are so careful with where you buy everything you need to to make sure it isn't going to some giant corp.

you're also assuming giant corps are inherently negative, which is an issue in and of itself, in my opinion. but ya - you keep livin to your world view, but do it consistently please. and if you do, great, but i guarantee you most making this "indie company" argument are just virtue signaling hypocrites.
Ah , Tarki.
First video which introduced him to me was this:
https://streamable.com/ud2n0

His only valid point in the nonsense pro / con lists is: more money + dev resources.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
Molochmane wrote:
tarke who?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info