Tencent & Charan

"
鬼殺し wrote:
It's been a hell of a ride.

I just wish it'd end here, now. Just make it 100% and enjoy your very early retirement, Chris. You did good. You did fucking great.

We don't want to see you working yourself to death for a soulless, profits-focused Chinese megacorp.

It genuinely hurts.

I dont see any any key!
Never mind about Charan I want to know Solwitch's take on this.
"
RandallPOE wrote:

Who is Solwitch?
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
RandallPOE wrote:

Hes on probation again if I remember correctly
I dont see any any key!
Do a chargeback Charan.
"
Sark wrote:
Do a chargeback Charan.

while that would be very amusing in some ways

Fraud is not the answer
I dont see any any key!
"
Sark wrote:
Do a chargeback Charan.

LOL
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Supporters have every right to ask what that really means and to be skeptical about the business as usual spiel.

To ask sure. GGG has no obligations to supporters to answer though. Supporters are donating to GGG and get a contractual use for some content of their product in return. You do not own anything, but you give of your free will.

I am invested in POE too. I am not a fan of every direction the game has gone. But as long as 20€/ month delivers me with such a great amount of joy and plesure I glady give it. I wouldn't care if Chris got all this money, or the 114 Staff members can pay the bills, or some chines millionaire.

I do not care because I know where Chris and GGG came from. If you want to stay true to your vision - any vision- in this world, you can only exist on the fringes of economy. If you want to expand and grow your idea, investment is inevitable, and so is change from your idea.

If Chris wanted to make his own game, they shouldn't have grown. Would have taken longer or it would have been impossible to make things happen. Capitalism is a bitch and you need to comprimize, unfortunatly.

I am deeply thankful for the great game GGG put out, but we might come from differnet motivations. You invested in a hand full of people, an idea, a vision. I invested in my free time, my leisure, my pleasure.

So you are right. If you find the move not right and your deepest motivation to DONATE (and thereby support) isn't met, then stop supporting.

That does not mean that your support for vision and your motivation until now was futile. It is just the end for your motivation in the stage of a growing company, an end goal you could and should have seen coming, if you truely believed in the idea and that it would grow to bring so much joy to the world.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
To lighten the mood a bit...and since I think most of us, while sad for POE and its future, are happy for Chris and the team and will follow them if they indeed move on...anyone care to speculate on a "POE2".

What aspects of POE do we hope Chris and the team carry into a new game?

I hope they stick with the no gold/usable items for currency aspect and some semblance of the skill tree.

I will be a "alpha" supporter the day they announce supporter packs are available!
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
Last edited by Ain_Soph_Aur on May 21, 2018, 1:37:12 PM
"
Ain_Soph_Aur wrote:
anyone care to speculate on a "POE2"

chris did start in baeclast ep23: he wants to make a hardcore game again where people struggle and die all the time.

he episode is watchable if you ignore the streamers talking.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info