[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Wooohooo! First uber elder kilL! Got it on the first set as well ^^
"
Hey Guffin,

I really enjoy your build. But at the moment I don't know how to spend my currency the best way (and am having problems with those stupid map returns), because I am very unexperienced. It would be super awesome if you could take a look on my character and tell how to spend my currency the best way in the near future. I hope that my tree is alright, but i dunno, if i should change something for meeks, that I guess I have to buy somewhat soon (?).

Thanks in advance

Hey dude, I'm super short on time today sadly ):

Your Gemlinks are fine,and your Tree mostly is too. That said, I do recommend pathing to the Scion Lifecluster through the Res Nodes. That's a looot of allres, espacially with meeks, that makes gearing a lot easier/lets us focus more on DPS on Rares.

While we're at it: Before you move into any Might of the Meeks etc., I'd recommend upgrading your rares a bit.
Your (left) Ring, Amulet and Belt mostly (move to a Stygian and a good Jewel) can be easily upgraded significantly. Just check the Trade Links.

After that I'd go for 2 Meeks and a 6link, probably.

Hope I'm not too late, and this helps a bit :) Can't really help you out with map sustain, just buy maps for max Atlas Completion, don't forget Chisels and Zana Mods etc.

"
lnvisibleone wrote:
So I finally hit 92 and got my 2nd MotM in and now I'm out of ideas. Out of all my gear what would I get the most out of upgrading right now? It seems like aside from marginal power creep on rares I'm doing ok..

Gz on the Meeks, mate :)

That said the Upgrades you can get on Rares is faaaar from marginal! They will also allow you to change to a slightly better tree by giving more INT maybe, but that's not the main point :P

Really never forget to upgrade Rares. IF you wanna keep playing the char :P

"
Hi? iam have DPS problem ( have 2.7kk dps). See my character iam say what is the problem plz. ( https://pastebin.com/FVqChF7A )

Hey mate, I can't check PoB right now as I'm on a Mac at my GFs place.
Gonna get back to you tomorrow.

That said, 2.7kk Shaper DPS sounds plenty.

If you wanna go higher, I will see what I can recommen you later :)

"
Wooohooo! First uber elder kilL! Got it on the first set as well ^^

Big gz mate :)

Happy the Build works out for you! Anything that feels off so far?
I still strongly recommend a different mapping and bossing Setup, especially in terms of Flasks, but you do you I guess :P

Not sure why, but my damage with BF is really bad and doing guardians takes a huge amount of time. I'm probably doing something wrong. Can you check my PoB please?

https://pastebin.com/as13ePpz
Tried to use kaom's roots with the normal setup without ice golem. While I'm worry free from temporal chains/stuns, the drop in hit chance was very noticeable, I kept missing on my blade flurry. Guess I can't drop this guy yet unless I invest heavily in accuracy.

Also I tried messing with the tree in POB to see if I can try slayer/jugg if I ever feel the need in deeper delve, damage is similar but maybe tankier and slower compared to raider.
Thanks for your reply.
Just 2 more questions:
1. What about Fangs of Frost, i think i saw it on one of your leveling trees?
2. Is there any way to effectively deal with those int requirements? Good
amulets with a lot of int are quite pricey.
"
Not sure why, but my damage with BF is really bad and doing guardians takes a huge amount of time. I'm probably doing something wrong. Can you check my PoB please?

https://pastebin.com/as13ePpz

Hey mate, sorry to hear you're having problems ):

That said, this seems to solely be the reason of very bad Rares. I stress this multiple times in the Gearing Section: Rares are incredibly important for this Build.
Please go to the Endgame Gear Trade Links, and go grab some rings and an Amulet with Phys and WED at least and ideally accuracy as well. Same thing for the Belt, go upgrade that ASAP.

Other than hat your Char looks good! Tree and Uniques are fine, same for Gems (missing Levels and Quality tho, obviously :P). Claw is okay-ish, stat stick is good.

Why do you use a Quicksilver Flask tho? This is not a running Build, and that one is completely wasted on us. I'd recommend to go with a ToH (or Wise Oak for Budget) instead of that during mapping, and replace the Life Flask with a Quartz for added Survivability.

Other than that, I recommend checking out the "Gear - Bossing" segment if you havent alreay. In there are some gear choices to maximize the DPS for Shaper and co.

Hope that gives you a point to start from :) Let me know how it goes for you!

"
elfril wrote:
Tried to use kaom's roots with the normal setup without ice golem. While I'm worry free from temporal chains/stuns, the drop in hit chance was very noticeable, I kept missing on my blade flurry. Guess I can't drop this guy yet unless I invest heavily in accuracy.

Also I tried messing with the tree in POB to see if I can try slayer/jugg if I ever feel the need in deeper delve, damage is similar but maybe tankier and slower compared to raider.

Yo dude, cool to hear some Input :)

That said, we don't really need to "heavily" invest into accuracy. Just some on both Rings and the Amulet will push us above 90%. And Rings with mediocre Phys, Accuracy and WED aren't that hard to get.

Slayer/Jugg is a pretty bad idea. The Damage Jugg offers absolutely pales in comparison to Raider, and the Endurance Charge Generation is very unreliable and slow, especially in Single Target encounters. Also, losing access to the Ranger Start results in an overall weaker Tree. Pathing from Duelist is just worse.
If you want Endurance Charges while mapping/delving, simply go for Warlords Mark in the CoH Setup. And there are plenty of Options to add Survivability, which I went over in the HC Section.
Other than that, I'm personally going for 100 right now and have chosen a pretty tanky setup, that isn't all out "HC Mode". ~8k HP, could go to like 8.4k with the HC Tree.

While I do appreciate some Input, going Jugg is worse than Raider/Slayer.

"
Thanks for your reply.
Just 2 more questions:
1. What about Fangs of Frost, i think i saw it on one of your leveling trees?
2. Is there any way to effectively deal with those int requirements? Good
amulets with a lot of int are quite pricey.

I take FoF during levelling simply because we don't have a lot of ele Pen, and we need at least some. It's also a very strong Cluster in the Endgamem, but going the upper path with Twin Terrors results in a slightly stronger Tree with the same Life.

Rings, Amulets and Statsticks are the things you wanna look for. Technically Boots as well, but you will be missing that INT once you change to the bossing Setup.
40 INT really is not a lot, if you have a hard time just take a 30 INT Node until then.

You can either fix all of it on one Item, like the ones above, or go for 2 or 3 even. There are several Amulets that grant INT/All Att/INT+X as an Implicit, if you get one of those don't forget you can very cheaply bless the implicit to a max Roll.
Also, look for open Suffixes (official trade has an option for that) where you can craft INT.
Looking at the Trade Links right now, there are several decent Rings and Amulets with good INT on them for well below 1 EX.

Hope that gives you some Ideas on what to look for :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Sep 23, 2018, 4:59:18 PM
I carried over some items from my other builds, what should I look to upgrade next? my claw? Thanks!

I like ur build so far and I'm loving the possibility to switch the clear skills.

Corresponding to the stat sticks - would you tend to increased elemental damage or to damage penetrates elemental resistance?
"
MicoXD wrote:
I carried over some items from my other builds, what should I look to upgrade next? my claw? Thanks!

Yo dude, cool to see you trying out the Build :)

Your Gear looks okay, but Upgrading the Claw is for later.
While the Rings are okay (Phys and Accuracy is good, and Hypnotic Loop has Cold Damage), you can make some cheap Upgrades there.
Something like this:
Spoiler

Is a DPS increase for both, but especially your Ruby Ring is pretty weak. So upgrade that one first, and then tinker around in PoB for the other one. Just check the Trade Links in the Endgame Gear Section for that.

Amulet can also be improved, but that's probably something for later. Again, i recommend just giving the Trade Links a shot and copy the items into PoB to compare.
Other than that, go look for INT on one or 2 Pieces, and transition to the proper Endgame Tree soon. Deadly Dilletante, Aspect of the Panther and Coldhearted Calc should all be dropped. Maybe get some INT on a sceptre, but your current one is okayish.

Other than that, grab some 100+ Life Boots for mapping for like 5c or so :P No reason not to.

And keep 2 Might of the Meeks in your Mind when thinking about Upgrades, they're pretty big.

Maybe that gives you a point to start from. I would really wait with the claw, the huge Investment could be used elswhere. Let me know how it goes for you :)

"
hypnos1337 wrote:
I like ur build so far and I'm loving the possibility to switch the clear skills.

Corresponding to the stat sticks - would you tend to increased elemental damage or to damage penetrates elemental resistance?

Yo dude, glad you like it :)

Generally speaking Ele Pen is slightly better for me. That said, you always have to compare the Options in PoB to tell for sure.

One thing to note about your Tree: the way you have set up the Scion Jewel Slots is wrong. We only take that pathing for the upper right jewel if we have Unnatural Instincts. If we don't, we use the 2 Meek Tree, that's also shown (going thru the Attack Speed and grabbing the Crit Multi). You're wasting a loooot of Damage like that :P

And you NEED(!) to socket a Murderous Eye Jewel into the Tombfists, otherwise we don't get the 10% more Damage from Intimidate.

Other than that, your Character looks solid. From now on just level up and go for the Endgame Trees (the claw Nodes are pretty big :P).
Your Gear looks very good, stong Claw and Statstick. In terms of other Rares, you seem to have a hang of the Stat Prio. Just look out for more Accuracy for the Future, we really need that on 2 or 3 pieces.

Gl and hope you have fun with the Build :)
hello,

I really like your guide it has helped me a lot. but, how did oyu manage to split your passive tree? I dont understand, i've tried so many things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info