[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
srslyFaileR wrote:
Well, I got some pretty decent upgrades yesterday night/today (:

- Crafted a 59% Statstick
- sniped some new rings for "cheap" ~20c each
- New amulet /FINALLY :D
- Got a decent stygian vise (Ppl missprice their stuff when there's no life on it even with an open prefix lol)
- got a ToH
- got another might of the meek (fml these got really expensive really quickly)

Got around 70c left now + the possibility of selling my Ass mark ring for ~5-7ex

--------------

I think I'll try to get a decent rare claw next.. Survivability is fine at 5.4k hp but I think im pushing it a bit.. Might have to go for a 6l belly soon :/

That's a juiiiicy League Start mate :) Very nice Progress.
And yeah, Mights have been slept on for quite a while but people noticed their Strength for certain cases at the end of Incursion.
First few Days they're usually cheap since people probably don't know about them.

Gz on the nice purchases and the craft.
I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but it's refreshing to see someone with good rare Itemization :D

As for your Life: Belly would go a long way, yeah. I would personally sell the Assmark ring and snack up a good 6l Belly, or 75% of one, for that.

One question tho: did you flip your Hatred/why the Quality on it? It just gives Area to the Aura, which is only beneficial for Supports or Summoners :P
Last edited by Guffinn on Sep 4, 2018, 12:15:59 PM
Thanks for the praise lol, I started playing in incursion and learned a lot from my mistakes there :D

Yea my leaguestart has been great so far except for maps refusing to drop.. Buying into t14s rn which is reeeeally expensive. owell hoping for map returns.

About the hatred... pretty much flipped it cuz 20 quality looks better lmao.
Gonna get it to lv20 again anyway and I got more than enough damage to take the hit until its leveled again (already back at like lv15 anyway). But yea not the optimal thing to do for sure lmao.
Hi dude, nice build :D

Is it really much better leveling with Sunder instead of Flurry / Reave ?

What gems do you recommend linking to those skills as I progress?

I just dislike Sunder that's all :P

Thanks
zzz
"
lazycalm2 wrote:
Hi dude, nice build :D

Is it really much better leveling with Sunder instead of Flurry / Reave ?

What gems do you recommend linking to those skills as I progress?

I just dislike Sunder that's all :P

Thanks

Ty for the kind words :)

Yes, Sunder scales easier/with less Gear. And both BF and Reave will feel bad on low levels from my personal Experience.

That said, you can do it for sure, it's just gonna be a bit worse than Sunder. Levelling Uniques can carry that though.
Other than that, you can use the same levelling Trees for the new Smite, Consecrated Path or Static Strike as well. I've only heard positive things about these for levelling, and I recommend giving it a shot if you wanna switch things up.
League started with the intention of not switching after a couple of weeks this time. I refused to level with sunder and paid for it :) But thats ok, i understood it would slow me down.
Feels much better this time around knowing what I am doing with it. I think i just did not have enough life last time around, and thus was leech capped too low. Also I went to a DPS flask over my life flask earlier this time, and it helped a lot. Unfortunately I'm now down to 1 chaos and 0 alchs, so I gotta take a step back and gain some levels on lower maps while building my pool up. Then back to upgrading boots/rings/ammy/belt. And getting the shaper stat stick.
"
Perce79 wrote:
League started with the intention of not switching after a couple of weeks this time. I refused to level with sunder and paid for it :) But thats ok, i understood it would slow me down.
Feels much better this time around knowing what I am doing with it. I think i just did not have enough life last time around, and thus was leech capped too low. Also I went to a DPS flask over my life flask earlier this time, and it helped a lot. Unfortunately I'm now down to 1 chaos and 0 alchs, so I gotta take a step back and gain some levels on lower maps while building my pool up. Then back to upgrading boots/rings/ammy/belt. And getting the shaper stat stick.

Cool to hear that you're giving it another Shot :)

And great to see that it works out well. Next steps that requires no Currency (or like 6c for a carry) would be Uber Lab :P
Other than that, Tempest Loop and Ghoul Torc look really solid, and that's a nice Helmet as well. Rage Nail could use an Upgrade tho.

Belt should be Upgraded to a Stygian with nice Life and WED, and Boots with 100+ Life should be cheap to get as well.
Other than that, 3 Meeks are an insane Life and great DPS Boost. But at 3ex for all 3 they come at a hefty pricepoint now.

Gl and hf on the farming, hope it all goes swimmingly :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Sep 4, 2018, 6:57:32 PM
Thank you so much for this build. Been using it for about a day and a half and it's already more powerful than the ED/Blight build I've used for about a year, lol.

Question, the only thing I'm really struggling with so far is Blood Rage draining my life down to about half way while I'm searching for packs, and sometimes I run out of mana while there are no enemies around and I'm looking for that next area.

Any suggestions? Sorry, it's probably been covered already, but I read the OP and through various pages and couldn't find an answer. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

Thanks again.
"
Surfinn wrote:
Thank you so much for this build. Been using it for about a day and a half and it's already more powerful than the ED/Blight build I've used for about a year, lol.

Question, the only thing I'm really struggling with so far is Blood Rage draining my life down to about half way while I'm searching for packs, and sometimes I run out of mana while there are no enemies around and I'm looking for that next area.

Any suggestions? Sorry, it's probably been covered already, but I read the OP and through various pages and couldn't find an answer. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

Thanks again.

Ty for the kind Feedback, glad the Build is to your liking :)

Generally the Build requires a fast Playstyle, but you shouldn't start degenning too quickly.
Our Overleech keeps us topped off, but it doesnt last forever. So like you said: gotta find that next pack. That said, your Leech gets stronger the more Life you have, and if you want you can amplify it with Vitality Void (below Vaal Pact) to maybe get a more smooth experience.

Some recommendations for your Character:
You should really link your Vaal Reave in the main Setup in the Helm, there is no reason to keep it seperate anymore as it also gives the "normal" Version of Reave these days.
You can use the Gemsocket you gained for a Frostbomb, which is a huge DPS gain when placed under a Boss.

You can use Ventors if you want, sure, but good rare Rings are really important for this Build. Just follow the Trade Links, maybe even the "Low budget" ones, and switch the search to Standard.
At least don't use Ventors with negative Quant on them :D
Same goes for the Amulet, grab a better rare one.

Other than that, get your Uber Lab done for a whooole Bunch of Skillpoints for more Life = stronger Leech, and maybe Damage.
Also, a Quicksilver Flask is kinda wasted since this is not a running Build. I'd recommend a Quartz Flask there.
And idk how wealthy you are on Standard, but 3 Might of the Meeks also go a long way.

All in all very happy you enjoy the Build, and that the rest of the Gear looks so solid. Good Conversion Watchers Eye, good Statstick, Tempests Binding is obviously cool, 2 socket Tombfists are great, decent Belt, etc. etc.
Hope I could help you a bit, and if you got more questions don't hesitate to ask :)

p.s.: very envious of that legacy ToH :P
Last edited by Guffinn on Sep 4, 2018, 9:55:47 PM
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
Surfinn wrote:

Thanks again.

Ty for the kind Feedback, glad the Build is to your liking :)

Generally the Build requires a fast Playstyle, but you shouldn't start degenning too quickly.
Our Overleech keeps us topped off, but it doesnt last forever. So like you said: gotta find that next pack. That said, your Leech gets stronger the more Life you have, and if you want you can amplify it with Vitality Void (below Vaal Pact) to maybe get a more smooth experience.

Some recommendations for your Character:
You should really link your Vaal Reave in the main Setup in the Helm, there is no reason to keep it seperate anymore as it also gives the "normal" Version of Reave these days.
You can use the Gemsocket you gained for a Frostbomb, which is a huge DPS gain when placed under a Boss.

You can use Ventors if you want, sure, but good rare Rings are really important for this Build. Just follow the Trade Links, maybe even the "Low budget" ones, and switch the search to Standard.
At least don't use Ventors with negative Quant on them :D
Same goes for the Amulet, grab a better rare one.

Other than that, get your Uber Lab done for a whooole Bunch of Skillpoints for more Life = stronger Leech, and maybe Damage.
Also, a Quicksilver Flask is kinda wasted since this is not a running Build. I'd recommend a Quartz Flask there.
And idk how wealthy you are on Standard, but 3 Might of the Meeks also go a long way.

All in all very happy you enjoy the Build, and that the rest of the Gear looks so solid. Good Conversion Watchers Eye, good Statstick, Tempests Binding is obviously cool, 2 socket Tombfists are great, decent Belt, etc. etc.
Hope I could help you a bit, and if you got more questions don't hesitate to ask :)

p.s.: very envious of that legacy ToH :P

Wow.. and a fast response! First off, I was not expecting this level of detail for a critique and you've helped me far more than I even asked for (this is a good thing). I feel a little naked as I forgot you can see everybody's gear on here, which is awesome though of course. I was in the process of tweaking stuff and hadn't finished setting up my flasks. Will work on all of these suggestions. Thank you!

EDIT: Oh, Ok, just for anybody else that was confused, Vaal Reave provides regular Reave as well, you just set each skill on your skill bar via one equipped Vaal Reave gem, now I see what you're saying. If I'm understanding this right, you don't need Reave (regular) at all then? Oops, looks like I wasted some currency, oh well. Least it wasn't a huge purchase. :p

Will work in the Frostbomb, nice!

Ooh, thanks for Meek suggestion, looks interesting. Where should I place them and what is being increased, exactly? What are the drawbacks of using them?

Heh, I didn't even realize it's legacy, been sitting around in my stash for quite some time. So glad I can put it to use again and dust it off!

I appreciate your feedback.
"
Surfinn wrote:

Spoiler
Wow.. and a fast response! First off, I was not expecting this level of detail for a critique and you've helped me far more than I even asked for (this is a good thing). I feel a little naked as I forgot you can see everybody's gear on here, which is awesome though of course. I was in the process of tweaking stuff and hadn't finished setting up my flasks. Will work on all of these suggestions. Thank you!

EDIT: Oh, Ok, just for anybody else that was confused, Vaal Reave provides regular Reave as well, you just set each skill on your skill bar via one equipped Vaal Reave gem, now I see what you're saying. If I'm understanding this right, you don't need Reave (regular) at all then? Oops, looks like I wasted some currency, oh well. Least it wasn't a huge purchase. :p

Will work in the Frostbomb, nice!

Ooh, thanks for Meek suggestion, looks interesting. Where should I place them and what is being increased, exactly? What are the drawbacks of using them?

Heh, I didn't even realize it's legacy, been sitting around in my stash for quite some time. So glad I can put it to use again and dust it off!

I appreciate your feedback.

Yep, you don't need the regular Reave Gem. But you still use the regular Skill/Button on the Bar itself obviously :P Can't sustain Vaal Reave.

As for the meeks: check the Trees section again, the first Trees that are recommended are with 3 Meeks. If you open the Spoiler called "image version" you'll see where they're placed.
Their benefits are explained below as well.

Gl and hf mate, back to bed for me :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Sep 4, 2018, 11:27:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info