[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
Guffinn wrote:
"
Surfinn wrote:

Spoiler
Wow.. and a fast response! First off, I was not expecting this level of detail for a critique and you've helped me far more than I even asked for (this is a good thing). I feel a little naked as I forgot you can see everybody's gear on here, which is awesome though of course. I was in the process of tweaking stuff and hadn't finished setting up my flasks. Will work on all of these suggestions. Thank you!

EDIT: Oh, Ok, just for anybody else that was confused, Vaal Reave provides regular Reave as well, you just set each skill on your skill bar via one equipped Vaal Reave gem, now I see what you're saying. If I'm understanding this right, you don't need Reave (regular) at all then? Oops, looks like I wasted some currency, oh well. Least it wasn't a huge purchase. :p

Will work in the Frostbomb, nice!

Ooh, thanks for Meek suggestion, looks interesting. Where should I place them and what is being increased, exactly? What are the drawbacks of using them?

Heh, I didn't even realize it's legacy, been sitting around in my stash for quite some time. So glad I can put it to use again and dust it off!

I appreciate your feedback.

Yep, you don't need the regular Reave Gem. But you still use the regular Skill/Button on the Bar itself obviously :P Can't sustain Vaal Reave.

As for the meeks: check the Trees section again, the first Trees that are recommended are with 3 Meeks. If you open the Spoiler called "image version" you'll see where they're placed.
Their benefits are explained below as well.

Gl and hf mate, back to bed for me :)

Yeah, I didn't realize that Vaal Reave grants you the regular version too, hence my inclusion of regular Reave. Thanks, corrected now.

Looks like I somehow missed that part of the guide, gunna go back and check, thank you.
What do you guys think about the new unnatural instinct?

"
Celdro wrote:

Mhm seems to be a bit better than a might of the meek there.. you some lose crit multi but gain some as, life, ms and 3 passive points.
Last edited by srslyFaileR on Sep 5, 2018, 9:51:17 AM
"
Celdro wrote:

Its worse than a third Meek (Pic is already with 2) there, and costs more.
Its only awesome for spellcasters since they Safe so many Points.

We would only Safe 3 Points from the 3 Crit Multi nodes, and lose a Lot of Crit multi, Attack Speed, all Res, and some INT or flat Life depending on where you Go on the top left Meek.

3 Points cant weigh that Up. Gonna Double Check once im at my PC to be sure tho. Might be wrong obviously. Biggest Thing to keep in mind is the allres Hit, would require everyone to rebalance their resists/buy more expensive rares. Maybe a good 3 Point Jewel Socket with 10 allres and multi+Attack Speed can best it, but those are expensive as fuck. Dont have it in my head how much Attack Speed, Multi and Res we would lose without the third Meek, but gonna Check soon.
Last edited by Guffinn on Sep 5, 2018, 10:05:07 AM
"
Guffinn wrote:

Dont have it in my head how much Attack Speed, Multi and Res we would lose without the third Meek, but gonna Check soon.

Mhm couldn't we path to the jewel socket it via the spelldamage nodes and gain all the AS nodes that way?

+ 3 skillpoints
+ 26as
+ 10 dex
+ 86crit multi
+ 8%life
+ 10lgoh
+ 16% ms
+ 20 int (makes gearing easier tbh)

vs

- 3 skillpoints
+ 24 as
+ 104crit multi
+ 5% melee phys
+ 2 str
+ 2 int
+ 10% mana reg
+ 8% max mana
+ 9all res

Correct me if I fucked up counting the nodes lol
"
srslyFaileR wrote:
"
Guffinn wrote:

Dont have it in my head how much Attack Speed, Multi and Res we would lose without the third Meek, but gonna Check soon.

Mhm couldn't we path to the jewel socket it via the spelldamage nodes and gain all the AS nodes that way?

Nah, you are right. I had that pathing in mind as well, but forgot about the small Attack Speed Node that Unnatural Instinct gives, that we never allocate on the Meek Trees.

By removing the Might we lose:
9% allres
22% Crit Multi
4% AS
6 flat Life (or 2 INT + 10% Mana Reg + 8% max Mana)

Through the Instincts we gain:
6% AS (2% net gain)
86% Multi (22% net loss)
8% max Life
10 INT (8 net gain if you went the INT route on the upper Left Meek)
3 Skillpoints
(minionblock/movespeed/castspeed/spelldamage/LGoK all worthless)

So ye, could go grab a Jewel socket to get back the 9 allres and Crit Multi.
Its defo an Upgrade, albeit a very expensive one.

And I actually realize now why I haven't seen it prior:
Unnatural Instinct works in PoB, but it does not take the Nodes being amplified by Might of the Meek into Account. So it gives you their normal Values, not the boosted ones.
Gonna give Openarl a headsup on github.

Fuck man, now it seems I'm forced to play Delve... Gonna have to grab one of these/trade SCD Exalts to HCD Exalts, buy one on HC and Rip it over to Standard ):
E: RIP, apparently there are none for sale in HC. Only 2 Offline. Gotta wait a few months then ):
Last edited by Guffinn on Sep 5, 2018, 11:20:04 AM
Hey, thanks for the guide.

I´m trying it right now out but while equipping and so 2 questions came up.

1. My life is not always "full" like its with bloodrage locked at some hp under my full like even while leeching(example 5000hp, 4996 hp with bloodrage and leeching), does the on full life gem then even work?

2. If i have Vaal Pact i have no Life regeneration how is the pantheon then supposed to work with extra life regen.

I hope to find some answers and improve probally my game knowdlege.
Thanks for the help.

Greetings
Last edited by SupportHotline on Sep 5, 2018, 11:20:57 AM
"
Hey, thanks for the guide.

I´m trying it right now out but while equipping and so 2 questions came up.

1. My life is not always "full" like its with bloodrage locked at some hp under my full like even while leeching(example 5000hp, 4996 hp with bloodrage and leeching), does the on full life gem then even work?

2. If i have Vaal Pact i have no Life regeneration how is the pantheon then supposed to work with extra life regen.

I hope to find some answers and improve probally my game knowdlege.
Thanks for the help.

Greetings

Ty for giving the Build a Shot :)

1: Yes you count as on Full Life even tho the Number stays a few Digits below. That's just how it works, has been confirmed by GGG in the past.
If you want you can just compare tooltips tho :P

2: Read up on Leech on the Wiki. Its not Life Regen, it's Life Recovery Rate. And that affects Leech as well, significantly so.

Hope I could help you out :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Sep 5, 2018, 11:26:19 AM
That was a fast answer :D
Thanks man, yeah makes sense. Uber Elder i come.
Shaper down - decently quick considering map sustain is trash this league as we have no temples/harbringers etc.

I even got a decent atlas setup for uberelder so that guy should be down in a day or 2 (:

Ah - got a dying sun on top of it lol. With selling that Ill have roughly 10ex to spend on gear upgrades. (not counting my Assmark ring that wont sell for 7ex -.-)

Thanks for the great guy @OP, Really chill build/playstyle (:
Last edited by srslyFaileR on Sep 5, 2018, 12:05:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info