[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
hodoric wrote:
hi , I have a questions, why you burst frenzy charges? if I choose the assasin starting point it will not be better?
how much faster is the clear speed sunder than the bf ,if I leave as the main skill bf, frenzy charges on it do not work then I will get extra points.
and I could choose something from Frostbite, Enfeeble,Vulnerability,Elem Weak.
https://poeplanner.com/AA0AAQ0ADBABAIO-vILkkBGKr3vDSsg7KAOWbj2-gG6qtfI1kti9_gryRTrhplf-j03jsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_JpVh4lVLjDaJ03BSdf2Eb9RCtUimf-1B62MRLzY9napsjGKstMUV_WSvRfSKONYHjYHBoHgZb1fC7AW1jb_UIzBx3ahLeDpC6NbndJOQmheSgJsm3UZjpxGBelNh6896UUfnVCT9_94wfI19I_ZNkqOKsbMMc5VmA4fTfgBeGY7tgwgum41_K_1uft14-Y257g6BrORqqXn8xQ2NW69OKio4h3ZKfRX2YnkABhR1yMzvj99vN9TtPxutlLh7FAJfpAxg3qi7sVumMgM

I don't really understand what you mean, but here goes:
Assasin is strictly worse than Raider. Way less damage, way less Speed.
We don't clear with BF, did you even read the Guide? We clear with Reave preferably. And Reave blows Sunder out of the water.
Frenzy Charges do work on BF.
These Curses are pretty worthless, we don't invest in Curse Effect and Bosses have too high of a Curse Effect Reduction to get any Value out of Curses.

"
GravitaryCOM wrote:
Man, I really don't know what to say about this build.
It looks so great but unless you spend about 100 Exalted Orbs, you won't see the content you'd like any time soon.

Leveling was a breeze until Act 10, where, compared to other builds, this one just dies.

Leveling Experience builds:

- Spin2Win: Budget build that can sneeze through both the content and maps, leveling quickly and no boss from Act 1 to 10 poses a threat remotely. You'll have plenty of speed, leech won't take any damage from reflect mobs.

- FireTraps: Budget build, once again, about 8c until you're 70+ and you can clear any boss and map easily. Kitava was a joke with this build, killing him before he can even get to core mechanics. Not as fast in clearing maps as Spin2Win

- Flurry: Easy to level until 60. Act 10 becomes a chore and you deal little to no damage to Kitava. You'll get oneshotted if you follow the guide, no matter the flasks and timing. The heart phases absolutely destroy you as the lack of damage and healing at that level is silly. Mapping isn't an issue if you have a few hundred Exalted Orbs to spare to get this up to an acceptable level of damage, speed and healthpool. Even with max resistance, Vaal Pact and no mobs around will kill you. Chaos damage from afar will wreck you before you even get to mobs.

Personally I'm not sure if I'll keep playing this. It's probably a really good build on 90+.
Did I mention any chaos or stun will kill you instantly? Oh yeah, I did, well here it is again.

If you want an easy time, just go for Spin2Win, spend 5 Chaos Orbs and have twice the speed, damage and survivability.

Ty for testing it out and sharing your experience mate :)

I don't know what to say to posts like these. Your experience is obviously valid, but thats just your Experience. If your struggle is as you describe, you play the build wrong and spend currency wrong. That is 100% a fact, but not a bad thing. Just play something else.
I played this as a League Starter twice in a row, and others as well this league, and it was a breeze for many of them. Including the evil Act 10 :P
Seeing that, your struggle with Act10/Levelling seems to be on you sadly.

That said, it seems some people can't/don't want to get used to a certain playstyle. And that's fine, play whatever suits you best and you have the most fun or success with.

Concerning the "100 Exalt" thing, I did all maps and Shaper with a Wasp Nest, Moonbenders Wing, a 1socket Tombfist and 20 to 30c Jewellry. The only expensive part was a 6link Belly.
This build works fine on lower budgets, if you gear correctly. Thast's why I spent so much effort on the gearing Section.
That said, I explicitly state that Mines/Totems/Traps are cheaper to get into the bossing endgame in the "Cons" of the Build. The advantage this one has, is more Survivability and way more Mapping speed.

I will not try to convince you to give the build a chance, but please don't go around spreading stuff like this. If you want help with levelling, please make your characters public and I could give you some tips, if you want.
Also, "Spin2Win" is a fun build, but this one here is objectively way more survivable, clears faster, is better for bosses, and has way more damage. Not every Build has to be great at everything, and some Builds are just a nice change of pace or very fun, but if you struggle with Survivability on this Build, don't talk good about Spin2Win.

Have a nice day mate, and gl on your future Builds :)

Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 3, 2018, 11:38:36 AM
"
GravitaryCOM wrote:
unless you spend about 100 Exalted Orbs, you won't see the content you'd like any time soon.

Leveling was a breeze until Act 10, where, compared to other builds, this one just dies.

- Flurry: Easy to level until 60. Act 10 becomes a chore and you deal little to no damage to Kitava. You'll get oneshotted if you follow the guide, no matter the flasks and timing. The heart phases absolutely destroy you as the lack of damage and healing at that level is silly. Mapping isn't an issue if you have a few hundred Exalted Orbs to spare to get this up to an acceptable level of damage, speed and healthpool. Even with max resistance, Vaal Pact and no mobs around will kill you. Chaos damage from afar will wreck you before you even get to mobs.

Personally I'm not sure if I'll keep playing this. It's probably a really good build on 90+.
Did I mention any chaos or stun will kill you instantly? Oh yeah, I did, well here it is again.

So I'm not exactly sure what you're doing wrong, but I was doing red maps on around a 1ex budget. That being 1 socket tombfist, wasp nest + moonbender, 5link belly (self linked, didn't buy it), a 10c innervate helmet for reave, 5c jewellery, and the rest invested into my belt's abyss jewels. Even after upgrading to a 340dps claw, shaper statstick, and 2 socket tombfist, I don't feel like my clear speed has increased at all, it's only my single target damage that's been going up. Mapping is the cheap part.

As for chaos damage, this build handles it better than most. With leech effects staying when you cap off, that means if you take lots of small chaos hits, or degen effects, your leech will out-heal it. The only way that these effects kill you is if you were to get up to grab food, let your leech run out, and then come back. Basically the only I've died to so far has been one-shots, but I definitely have room to improve on my health pool (only just breaking 5000 today). Multi-proj maps, rippy mods + incursion spitters, or just plain eating a faceful with flasks down.
Hello, so recently i upgraded mine

to
but i dont really see any huge dmg increase. Is "gain as a random element" bugged or something? It even showed dmg decrease on tooltip. Or should i just go for that " #% elemental dmg gained as chaos"?
Last edited by Mewerath on Jul 3, 2018, 3:49:28 PM
"
Mewerath wrote:
Hello, so recently i upgraded mine
Spoiler

to
but i dont really see any huge dmg increase. Is "gain as a random element" bugged or something? It even showed dmg decrease on tooltip. Or should i just go for that " #% elemental dmg gained as chaos"?

From what I can see in PoB it is a bit over 200k BF DPS boost over the other Sceptre.

"Gain X% of Phys as Random" doesn't work in PoB, you need to change it to 3 lines with "Gain (X/3)% of Lightning/Fire/Cold" to get an accurate result.

Generally I recommend comparing Upgrade Options in PoB first before you buy, at least once they start to cost a lot :P
That said, I recommend upgrading your Rings and Amulet next. They are pretty bad compared to the rest of your Gear. Some Abyss Jewels could need upgrades as well, these usually go for very little money.

Also, going for good rare Boots might be better than Darkrays if you struggle with surviving. Darkrays are best for damage and speed while mapping, but it's not that big of a difference.

Hope I could help you :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 3, 2018, 5:01:50 PM
Thanks for replying, amazing build btw, last question is if you suggest to stay at current sceptre or get a one with gain #% ele as chaos:)

Sorry for those im still a bit newbie in PoB etc:/
Last edited by Mewerath on Jul 3, 2018, 5:09:39 PM
"
Mewerath wrote:
Thanks for replying, amazing build btw, last question is if you suggest to stay at current sceptre or get a one with gain #% ele as chaos:)

Sorry for those im still a bit newbie in PoB etc:/

Thanks for the kind words, happy that it's working out for you :)

I wouldn't swap away from your current statstick, it's really good and it will be expensive to get an upgrade. Work on the other spots instead.
Regarding that, I have trade links for good rings and jewels in the endgame gear section. Tinker with them a bit to find something that suits you.

Unrelated, but I just let someone else hop in one of my maps to test his Build out.
While I stood afk, I died for the first time in ages ): Road to 97 will take a bit longer still :P
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 3, 2018, 6:38:37 PM
So what are your thoughts on dropping frenzy charge nodes, at least prior to the 93-97 range? I'm looking in path of building and they're the weakest dps clusters for me, providing ~96k dps each, for 2 points. Even in your example pastebins, they're the lowest dps (non health) clusters per point.

I lose 0.3 aps on blade flurry, though. During mapping, I don't notice the loss of 2 (or 3 after removing darkrays) frenzy charges at all, but I havn't tried it out on any t16+ content yet, so I'm not sure if maybe the loss of attack speed is noticeable to full-channeling blade flurry.

Biggest upside I find is going to be in gear management. With 3 extra points I can spend one on a 3pt jewel with a stat path (int or str), and the 4th point can be used to grab a 30stat node until I can reach the other jewel slot. This will also let me reach that jewel slot sooner (93 instead of 97).

I'm probably doing it regardless because I hate how I'm currently locked into my current jewellery due to stat rolls. Was just wondering your thoughts.
I don't understand the reave and vaal reave? Should I level up reave or vaal reave? The vaal gems confuse me if I can't clear sinc I have to gain souls first?
"
Kairu927 wrote:
So what are your thoughts on dropping frenzy charge nodes, at least prior to the 93-97 range? I'm looking in path of building and they're the weakest dps clusters for me, providing ~96k dps each, for 2 points. Even in your example pastebins, they're the lowest dps (non health) clusters per point.

Spoiler
I lose 0.3 aps on blade flurry, though. During mapping, I don't notice the loss of 2 (or 3 after removing darkrays) frenzy charges at all, but I havn't tried it out on any t16+ content yet, so I'm not sure if maybe the loss of attack speed is noticeable to full-channeling blade flurry.

Biggest upside I find is going to be in gear management. With 3 extra points I can spend one on a 3pt jewel with a stat path (int or str), and the 4th point can be used to grab a 30stat node until I can reach the other jewel slot. This will also let me reach that jewel slot sooner (93 instead of 97).

I'm probably doing it regardless because I hate how I'm currently locked into my current jewellery due to stat rolls. Was just wondering your thoughts.

Like I said in the Trees Section: do whatever PoB tells you is best or what you are comfortable with :P
I have seen quite some people chose to spec out of one or two Frenzies, and that's fine. If you choose to loose one, unspec the upper one as the lower one gives you some Evasion.
From my experience, the loss of Speed is noticeble, but certainly not a Deal Breaker.

If you find it comfortable to play without them, and still pull good numbers, then sure: go ahead :)

Btw, while it's true that Frenzies are not that huge, for me personally the 4 Points for 2 Frenzies are even better than Fangs of Frost for 4 Points. Their Value, like any other Nodes Value, changes depending on your Gear. Be sure to check back in PoB once you made some upgrades!
And I just like that they offer decent damage along with a smoothness increase.
And just asking, but I see you are at 135 INT even without a 30 Int node. Or am I looking at this wrong?

"
mirthfulnga wrote:
I don't understand the reave and vaal reave? Should I level up reave or vaal reave? The vaal gems confuse me if I can't clear sinc I have to gain souls first?

The 3.3 Update made it so that a Vaal Gem now grant both Versions of the Skill: the normal one, and the one that costs Vaal Souls.
You socket in Vaal Reave, and both parts of the Skill level up at the same time. You can, and need, to bind Reave and Vaal Reave to different Buttons.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 4, 2018, 3:31:47 AM
"
From my experience, the loss of Speed is noticeble, but certainly not a Deal Breaker.

Out of curiosity: do you play on predictive? I found that smoothness and attack speed were more noticeable, so maybe that's why you can notice it way harder than I can, since lockstep has a sort of ping attached to your actions anyway. I'm forced to play on lockstep because Canadian internet is so garbage that I desync (or die to desynced projectiles) far too much to enjoy it.

"
And just asking, but I see you are at 135 INT even without a 30 Int node. Or am I looking at this wrong?

You're right that I am, but 52 of it comes from my helmet, so if I wanted to swap to a lightpoacher I'm understatted without the node. I plan on swapping to a scepter offhand to lower my strength requirement, and change my ring/amulet to int crafts. After that none of my gear swaps should affect my stat requirements, just need a bit of res on my poacher/bubonic jewels.

Thanks for the response.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info