[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

How "hard" is this build to gear? (I did see the trade links for rares, which is a great addition) I've pretty much only played spell based builds so far, apart from my Cyclone Ascendant this league. It uses a ton of uniques so it was very easy to buy items. It has been fun, but I'd really like to tackle Uber Elder in this league and I'm most likely not good enough of a player to kill him with Cyclone. So I'm thinking of Regretting my skill tree to this build. I have something like 30ex to spend, would it be enough to get it truly going? What item slots should I prioritize?
Another question, can I just follow PoB for the DPS? As in, copy an item to PoB, check DPS and if it's better, buy said item. I'm thinking if should I aim for a certain Attack Speed weapon to make Whirling Blades feel good.
Last edited by Synestesiaz on Jun 29, 2018, 4:08:39 PM
"
Synestesiaz wrote:
How "hard" is this build to gear? (I did see the trade links for rares, which is a great addition) I've pretty much only played spell based builds so far, apart from my Cyclone Ascendant this league. It uses a ton of uniques so it was very easy to buy items. It has been fun, but I'd really like to tackle Uber Elder in this league and I'm most likely not good enough of a player to kill him with Cyclone. So I'm thinking of Regretting my skill tree to this build. I have something like 30ex to spend, would it be enough to get it truly going? What item slots should I prioritize?
Another question, can I just follow PoB for the DPS? As in, copy an item to PoB, check DPS and if it's better, buy said item. I'm thinking if should I aim for a certain Attack Speed weapon to make Whirling Blades feel good.

Well, from my experience:
body with good roll 6ex
weapon 340+ dps — 2-3ex, better to buy 350+
stat stick with 2 mods and some additions — 2-3ex
watcher eye — 1-2
tombfist — 1
good enough stygian — 1

other slots like rares / rings / amulet can have any price but i never got anything above 1ex

so with 30 ex i guess you can have whatever you want, except really high roll weapons.

"
Synestesiaz wrote:

Yo, ty for giving this a shot to kill the coolest Boss in the game :)

How hard/expensive gearing a char is depends on your goals :P For Uber Elder 30EX is more than enough, you can do it with much less.
And yes, you can 100% follow PoB for DPS. Except on Statsticks with "gain x% of phys as extra of a random element", PoB doesnt handle that. You have to edit in 3 lines that say "gain (x/3)% of phys as extra fire/lightning/cold" to get accurate results. Or just change it to one element, it's close enough.
If PoB says a slower weapon is better than a faster one due to higher pdps/crit, it's obviously right. But still you I personally advise against below 1.9 APS, usually feels pretty bad.

Priority Items? If it's just for Uber Elder, this is the shopping list in no particular order:
20/20 Mainlinks, 6l Belly, 2socket Tombfist, 2socket Lightpoacher (maybe BR enchant), 190+ Kaoms Roots (maybe with ele pen or lightning damage enchant), 60to70% Statstick, 330+pdps 7.2+%Crit Claw, and then the rest of the rares.
Like Hwat said, the place where you can decide to dump a lot of money are the rares. There are always better Claws/Rings/Statsticks to have, but at some point a 100k DPS Upgrade becomes worth multiple EX.

My current Char is worth less than 30EX I think, and I will have 0 Problems with Uber Elder. Should be achievable for you easily.

And ye, Uber Elder can be a struggle with Cyclone. The playstyle and targetting of BF is better/easier for the fight for sure.
Sry for the jumbled mess that this reply is, super tired and hungover right now.
what a well written guide, Very good! I also REALLY like the trade links more builds should use this format
"
what a well written guide, Very good! I also REALLY like the trade links more builds should use this format

Thank you very much for the kind words, I put a lot of effort into this Guide :)
Is it worth it to sneak in a VAAL DS gem to get the occasional damage boost from clones?
"
nhantheman wrote:
Is it worth it to sneak in a VAAL DS gem to get the occasional damage boost from clones?

No. For Uber Elder you absolutely lack the Gem Sockets, everything else is trivial anyways.

For normal Mapping you don't need it, you have a proper 6link BF to take care of Singletarget.
You can make a case for using it during HC Mapping where you wear a Kaoms, but that would either make you lose your CWDT Setup, which is a no go in HC, or the CoH Setup/Enduring Cry which adds Survivability as well.

Only for Shaper/Uber Atziri I can see it being of use. On Shaper you have it at the start of each Phase, and for Uber Atziri you have it at the very Start of the Fight and IF you get an Add Phase. Links are VDS - Chance to Bleed - EDwA - DofL.
It's not a huge upside tho, the Clones are at 420k DPS on a Bleeding Enemy for me. And that's damage that's not always available.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 1, 2018, 5:06:12 PM
Arrrrgh, I was missing a Skillpoint from a stupid Act 1 Quest! Why did nobody tell me :D

Now I feel forced to level to 97, so I can grab one more Jewel Socket. Gonna get to it soon.
That said, made some Upgrades the Last Week, or two, or so:

And got some better Abyss Jewels as well.
Sitting at 6.7k HP while mapping, and 4.8 Million Shaper DPS in my bossing Set. On my way to 97 my last gems will Level in my Offhand, which I will then corrupt for 21/20.
With a full 21/20 6link and another Jewel I will be at around 5.2 Million Shaper DPS later, gonna consider the Char finished by then.
Just hope to make some Ring Upgrades still.

E: ah well, got asked by a mate if I could help him with Uber Elder. Easy Deathless run, but I still don't consider this char finished :D
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 2, 2018, 11:18:28 AM
hi , I have a questions, why you burst frenzy charges? if I choose the assasin starting point it will not be better?
how much faster is the clear speed sunder than the bf ,if I leave as the main skill bf, frenzy charges on it do not work then I will get extra points.
and I could choose something from Frostbite, Enfeeble,Vulnerability,Elem Weak.
https://poeplanner.com/AA0AAQ0ADBABAIO-vILkkBGKr3vDSsg7KAOWbj2-gG6qtfI1kti9_gryRTrhplf-j03jsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_JpVh4lVLjDaJ03BSdf2Eb9RCtUimf-1B62MRLzY9napsjGKstMUV_WSvRfSKONYHjYHBoHgZb1fC7AW1jb_UIzBx3ahLeDpC6NbndJOQmheSgJsm3UZjpxGBelNh6896UUfnVCT9_94wfI19I_ZNkqOKsbMMc5VmA4fTfgBeGY7tgwgum41_K_1uft14-Y257g6BrORqqXn8xQ2NW69OKio4h3ZKfRX2YnkABhR1yMzvj99vN9TtPxutlLh7FAJfpAxg3qi7sVumMgM
Last edited by hodoric on Jul 3, 2018, 3:01:23 AM
Man, I really don't know what to say about this build.
It looks so great but unless you spend about 100 Exalted Orbs, you won't see the content you'd like any time soon.

Leveling was a breeze until Act 10, where, compared to other builds, this one just dies.

Leveling Experience builds:

- Spin2Win: Budget build that can sneeze through both the content and maps, leveling quickly and no boss from Act 1 to 10 poses a threat remotely. You'll have plenty of speed, leech won't take any damage from reflect mobs.

- FireTraps: Budget build, once again, about 8c until you're 70+ and you can clear any boss and map easily. Kitava was a joke with this build, killing him before he can even get to core mechanics. Not as fast in clearing maps as Spin2Win

- Flurry: Easy to level until 60. Act 10 becomes a chore and you deal little to no damage to Kitava. You'll get oneshotted if you follow the guide, no matter the flasks and timing. The heart phases absolutely destroy you as the lack of damage and healing at that level is silly. Mapping isn't an issue if you have a few hundred Exalted Orbs to spare to get this up to an acceptable level of damage, speed and healthpool. Even with max resistance, Vaal Pact and no mobs around will kill you. Chaos damage from afar will wreck you before you even get to mobs.

Personally I'm not sure if I'll keep playing this. It's probably a really good build on 90+.
Did I mention any chaos or stun will kill you instantly? Oh yeah, I did, well here it is again.

If you want an easy time, just go for Spin2Win, spend 5 Chaos Orbs and have twice the speed, damage and survivability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info