[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
Can you take a look when you're not on mobile tho, and see if something is wrong? And maybe advise me to fix some other mistake if you see it.

Also, maybe a noob question. Since using Might of the Meek gave me a lot of resistances I didn't plan to have originally and using all res jewels in Darkness Enthroned will give me a bunch more I won't need than many resistances on rings after all. I was considering using Mark of the Elder and good shaped ring setup because of it. It could in theory give us a ton of 'free' damage. Not sure yet how to run it in PoB, would like to know what you think about it.

Just got Home and imported your Character:
Was wondering why you said you are at 30% Crit, and holy shit you really almost are. No wonder you barely see Shatters.
Your Weapon is OK, but has really bad base Crit Chance. If you ever upgrade it, aim for 7%+.

While mapping, with 3 Power Charges, you are at 36,72% Crit Chance (effectively 31,95% due to Accuracy). Replace that Life Flask with a Diamon Flask ASAP. I don't list it for nothing. It's a huge DPS increase and with it up your Crit sits at 52.16%. Still not amazing, but better.
That way you will see more reliable Crits and thus Freezes and Shatters.

What you can try out is running Vaal Reave-MultiStrike-EdWA-DoFL-IncAoE-IncCritStrikes in your Chest and Blade Flurry with BF-EdWA-DoFL-MeleePhys in the Helmet while mapping. That way you will have way more reliable Crit on Reave, and a pseudo Link for BF is enough for Mapping anyways.
Gonna include that in the Endgame Gear-Mapping segment later. And add a bit onto that.

Pain Loop and Rapture Loop aren't great and should be easy-ish to upgrade I think.

Mark of the Elder is pretty cool and I experimented with it in Bestiary myself. The problem is getting a good shaped Steel Ring for your other Slot tho, as these get quite expensive.
I found that just 2 good Steel Rings for the same price beat Mark of the Elder + my better Ring turned into a Shaped one.
Depends on what you have on your hands tho, if you happen to snatch a good deal on a shaped Ring a Mark of the Elder might be worth to run since they're relatively cheap.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 15, 2018, 11:30:38 AM
"
"
Can you take a look when you're not on mobile tho, and see if something is wrong? And maybe advise me to fix some other mistake if you see it.

Also, maybe a noob question. Since using Might of the Meek gave me a lot of resistances I didn't plan to have originally and using all res jewels in Darkness Enthroned will give me a bunch more I won't need than many resistances on rings after all. I was considering using Mark of the Elder and good shaped ring setup because of it. It could in theory give us a ton of 'free' damage. Not sure yet how to run it in PoB, would like to know what you think about it.

Just got Home and imported your Character:
Was wondering why you said you are at 30% Crit, and holy shit you really almost are. No wonder you barely see Shatters.
Your Weapon is OK, but has really bad base Crit Chance. If you ever upgrade it, aim for 7%+.

While mapping, with 3 Power Charges, you are at 36,72% Crit Chance (effectively 31,95% due to Accuracy). Replace that Life Flask with a Diamon Flask ASAP. I don't list it for nothing. It's a huge DPS increase and with it up your Crit sits at 52.16%. Still not amazing, but better.
That way you will see more reliable Crits and thus Freezes and Shatters.

What you can try out is running Vaal Reave-MultiStrike-EdWA-DoFL-IncAoE-IncCritStrikes in your Chest and Blade Flurry with BF-EdWA-DoFL-MeleePhys in the Helmet while mapping. That way you will have way more reliable Crit on Reave, and a pseudo Link for BF is enough for Mapping anyways.
Gonna include that in the Endgame Gear-Mapping segment later. And add a bit onto that.

Pain Loop and Rapture Loop aren't great and should be easy-ish to upgrade I think.

Mark of the Elder is pretty cool and I experimented with it in Bestiary myself. The problem is getting a good shaped Steel Ring for your other Slot tho, as these get quite expensive.
I found that just 2 good Steel Rings for the same price beat Mark of the Elder + my better Ring turned into a Shaped one.
Depends on what you have on your hands tho, if you happen to snatch a good deal on a shaped Ring a Mark of the Elder might be worth to run since they're relatively cheap.

I ended up buying 15c worth Hypothermia helm with area damage as well and played a lot of maps in both setups. Hypothermia helm just makes everything so much smoother for me, freeze/shatters happen all the time and things die instantly compared to Innervate helm. I'm ending with 10-15 seconds left in T16 incursions after clearing them to 100%. I guess I am getting the point where clear speed can't get any faster after I get similar helm with aded 30% ele damage bonus and when I improve my rings.

On top of that I put my Tempest Binding for 7ex and it sold so I accidently flipped it for 2ex profit :D. I guess I'll just use it to get some 2 good jewels for Darknes Enthroned (1-2 ex each) good Mark of the Elder (close to 1ex) and good shaped Iron Ring with a bit of resistances I will miss and good other stats (some good ones go for 2-3ex). Cheapest white/normal shaped Steel ring is 18ex and that's out of reach atm :).

I used life flask as 'safety' cause sometimes I take 5-6 seconds to plan what to do when I get to Alva and I need to decide what course to take inside Incursion and Blood Rage is ticking my health down but I'll add diamond.
"
I ended up buying 15c worth Hypothermia helm with area damage as well and played a lot of maps in both setups. Hypothermia helm just makes everything so much smoother for me, freeze/shatters happen all the time and things die instantly compared to Innervate helm. I'm ending with 10-15 seconds left in T16 incursions after clearing them to 100%.

Whatever works for you mate, if it's fine then it's fine :)
Doesn't really make sense tho, as 18 Innervate(with Innervation active) + 18 Ice Bite is exactly the same DPS as 20 Hypothermia on a chilled enemy. Double checked it in PoB to be sure.
Also, it should still result in more reliable Freezes than Hypothermia since it adds 15% flat Freeze Chance from Ice Bite, while Hypo only has 10% on chilled Enemies.
And the bad part about Hypothermia is, that you always have to chill enemies with the first Hit to then get the damage with the 2nd one. So a pack that you would barely oneshot with Tempest's Binding needs 2 hits with Hypothermia.

Then again, whatever works for you is what you should do :P

"
I used life flask as 'safety' cause sometimes I take 5-6 seconds to plan what to do when I get to Alva and I need to decide what course to take inside Incursion and Blood Rage is ticking my health down but I'll add diamond.

I really recommend not relying on a Life Flask, it is not needed and you can adapt your play accordingly very quickly.
A diamon Flask is a tremendous offensive as well as defensive boost: if you want more reliable Freezes it is necessary. Like I said, I listed is as a required for a reason.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 15, 2018, 1:54:18 PM

So...this just dropped for me, I just crafted attack speed on it. I'm still in shock. How much is something like this even worth? I can't find anything comparable in Incursion and someone offered 15ex for it to me. I'll use it ofc, won't sell it. My damage went up by 70% and I was already killing Shaper easily before that. It's like made for this build.
"

So...this just dropped for me, I just crafted attack speed on it. I'm still in shock. How much is something like this even worth? I can't find anything comparable in Incursion and someone offered 15ex for it to me. I'll use it ofc, won't sell it. My damage went up by 70% and I was already killing Shaper easily before that. It's like made for this build.

Gz on hitting the Jackpot :D quick drunken headmath comes Out to about 390pdps and a Bit.
Might as well have found a mirror given how rare this is, you are settled on the weapon front :P

If you want to sell it, it would be more thann 15ex dir Sure
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 15, 2018, 6:33:13 PM
"
"

Gz on hitting the Jackpot :D quick drunken headmath comes Out to about 390pdps and a Bit.
Might as well have found a mirror given how rare this is, you are settled on the weapon front :P

It's 395 pdps and it has crit AND ele damage on top of it. I can't find similar even on Standard. Is it worth putting it up as mirror service?
"
Spoiler
"
"

It's 395 pdps and it has crit AND ele damage on top of it. I can't find similar even on Standard. Is it worth putting it up as mirror service?

There are FAR better Claws on STD, the WED isn't as impactful as you might think.

That said, I can't find a better Claw on Incursion right now. Mirror Service? Try your luck, the worst that can happen is that no one wants it and you wasted a minute setting up the thread :P

Flaring + Merciless is INSANELY lucky tho.
Can't really think about how to properly proceed crafting here tho, but im also super sleep deprived.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 15, 2018, 10:30:42 PM
Loving the build so far!

Can someone help me with finding a stat stick? I know I want 60% conversion but what else is required after that? Does it have to be a scepter.

Thanks!
"
PoiZennGann wrote:
Loving the build so far!

Can someone help me with finding a stat stick? I know I want 60% conversion but what else is required after that? Does it have to be a scepter.

Thanks!

Scepter is good because of the %elemental damage implicit. Getting a statstick with 60% conversion and global strike multiplier + some kind of +% ele damage is good enough.
"
PoiZennGann wrote:
Loving the build so far!

Thanks!

You want something that's not a Dagger, Claw or Sword because BF would use those to attack as well.
So you got Axes, Maces, Sceptres and Wands left.
Out of these, Sceptres are the only ones that can roll 5 useful Shaped mods: extra Fire, Lightning, Chaos, random Element and ele Penetration. The other weapons can roll some of these or others as well, but not so many at once. Also, the implicits on sceptres are cool with ele pen and inc elemental Damage.

You are looking for 60% added as extra Damage of some sort, and then maybe Global Crit Multi or ele Penetration.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info