[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Ayyy coming back to this build after I got pretty sad with the other ones that I tried at the start of Incursion.

This time I'll be going for a sword/loreweave spin-off of this build, since I already got them ready to go (330pdps, 1.8 AS/6.3 crit and 6L lore with decent rolls and perfect crit). Just need to find a good substitute for the Claws of the Pride node, since I'll be going sword, but even that is quite hard, because claw nodes are so freaking good. Should I even try to sell the sword and get a ~280 pdps claw? (the 300+ with high AS/crit claws are going for 10ex t_t)
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Jun 13, 2018, 9:57:09 PM
thx for the guide makes rly fun - shaper down next U-Elder^^
I wonder, is there a point in Yoke of suffering for this build? Since we do a lot of ele damage
thank you for this build. got this equip so far

everything is melting up to tier15 maps but ive got problem with shaper guards. damage is not looking so good when im even on white minotaur. what should i aim for? better jewels? rings? i just need an advice since im not so good at this game

"
CAKE wrote:
I find the trade-off to be worth it only if your rare abyss jewels are really bad.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

L90 Gear

Build feels really smooth now (glad I picked up that helm for 30c, and lucky I could get the STR requirements from my stat-stick); just need to tidy up jewellery/jewels. I'd worry about such a large chunk of resists and INT coming from my boots in case I ever need to swap to Kaom's Roots for Uber Elder, but TBH on my ailing computer I'm finding Shaper isn't conducive to repeated three second freezes:

Spoiler

I got this because only now I realized it is in build.
I was wondering if the anger part is any good
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
I'm thinking about changing build from SC to HC and changing Belly to Loreweave... What do you think?
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
Ayyy coming back to this build after I got pretty sad with the other ones that I tried at the start of Incursion.

This time I'll be going for a sword/loreweave spin-off of this build, since I already got them ready to go (330pdps, 1.8 AS/6.3 crit and 6L lore with decent rolls and perfect crit). Just need to find a good substitute for the Claws of the Pride node, since I'll be going sword, but even that is quite hard, because claw nodes are so freaking good. Should I even try to sell the sword and get a ~280 pdps claw? (the 300+ with high AS/crit claws are going for 10ex t_t)

My opinion on Claws vs Foils is in the FAQ, but you can build it for Foils for sure.
I will edit this post with a 95 Foil Tree later.

"
HateTheWorld wrote:
thx for the guide makes rly fun - shaper down next U-Elder^^
Spoiler

Cool to see it's working out for you :) You will manage Uber Elder with a few tries, it takes experience but after that it gets easier every time! Be sure to check my Tips on how to deal with him in the Guide.
If you are looking for upgrades, Rings and Amulets should be cheapest to improve I think.

"
zeturka wrote:
I wonder, is there a point in Yoke of suffering for this build? Since we do a lot of ele damage

It's not bad, but any decent rare Amulet offers the same DPS as Yoke with 3 Ailments (Ignite, Chill, Shock). On top of that it offers Life, which is essential as everyone knows.
You can get 4 Ailments if you get a Jewel with chance to Poison or take the 2 Points in the Claw Cluster, but even then it's not worth it.
A good rare Amulet offers the same or more damage, equal Ele Res, more Stats and most importantly Life.
But Yoke is cool, no doubt :)

"
zavarech wrote:
thank you for this build. got this equip so far

Spoiler

everything is melting up to tier15 maps but ive got problem with shaper guards. damage is not looking so good when im even on white minotaur. what should i aim for? better jewels? rings? i just need an advice since im not so good at this game

Nice that it's been treating you well so far.
I checked your Character in PoB, and you are at 1.4kk Shaper DPS with all Buffs active and DPS Flasks. (https://pastebin.com/CmQB9ju1)
That should be more than enough for the Guardians and Shaper. Do you attempt them with a full Bossing Loadout? I recommend switching to the Setup I outlined in the Bossing Section of the Endgame Gear Segment.

That said, your Ruby Ring and Amulet definitely need to be upgraded, they are pretty bad and significantly worse than the rest of your Gear.

"
Haasts wrote:

L90 Gear

Build feels really smooth now (glad I picked up that helm for 30c, and lucky I could get the STR requirements from my stat-stick); just need to tidy up jewellery/jewels. I'd worry about such a large chunk of resists and INT coming from my boots in case I ever need to swap to Kaom's Roots for Uber Elder, but TBH on my ailing computer I'm finding Shaper isn't conducive to repeated three second freezes:

Spoiler

That Helm is diiiiirty for DPS, been looking for one like this as well. Maybe I try to craft my own later with Horrors: Innervate and Inc AoE are the dream. Definitely a nice deal for 30c!

Just a thing for Res on Bosses: 15% Alira, 53% from the Tree, 15% Belly, 15% Lightpoacher = 38% Positive Res. 37% Allres needed from then on, which can be easily gotten from A Belt + one Piece of Jewellry. Or maybe some Jewel on the tree.
I would try to avoid the boots for the Reason you said :P

These lags seem horrendous man, really sucks. Especially since the Bosses are IMO one of the coolest aspects of Endgame.

"
CAKE wrote:

I got this because only now I realized it is in build.
I was wondering if the anger part is any good

How did you notice only now, it's the most important Pices of Endgame Gear :D
And nah, we only use Hatred. And the 40% roll is juicy, so that's really nice.
You can try experimenting in PoB with an Essence Worm for Anger or something like that.

"
tetrisk wrote:
I'm thinking about changing build from SC to HC and changing Belly to Loreweave... What do you think?

Why do you ask? I wrote everything about HC and Loreweave that I can think of already.
It can work in HC, yes.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 14, 2018, 10:56:14 AM
is there a point to replace elemental focus support gem with another? i dont know if ailments affect guards and shaper tbh
having problem with corrupted guards, im getting one shotted every time im trying to kill them. now im using loreweave but i dont think more life will save me from one shots
tried bossing setup and flasks, unfortunately doesnt help. now my main problem is one shots.

should i boost evasion? im using abyss jewel with 5% chance to blind and it's does not help me too

sorry for my english its not my native
"
zavarech wrote:
is there a point to replace elemental focus support gem with another? i dont know if ailments affect guards and shaper tbh
having problem with corrupted guards, im getting one shotted every time im trying to kill them. now im using loreweave but i dont think more life will save me from one shots
tried bossing setup and flasks, unfortunately doesnt help. now my main problem is one shots.

should i boost evasion? im using abyss jewel with 5% chance to blind and it's does not help me too

sorry for my english its not my native

Elemental Focus gives you a shit ton of Damage, do not replace it. It does not cause Ailments, it makes it so your Blade Flurry cannot inflict any. And no, Ailments won't do much on Guardians if you don't specifically build for it.
If you feel you need more Life, then go Belly. I value it higher than Loreweave for Survivability.
Also, you have one 4% Life Node when you can still take 5% Life in the Scion Wheel.

5.1k Life is really low. If you can, get a Belly. And the Bossing Setup is not only for Damage, it gives you more Life as well from Bubonic Trail (6% Max Life + 40 or 80 Flat Life from one or two Jewels).

That said, this is not a pure Facetank Build. You can tank some stuff, but not with 5.1k HP. I'm at 5.9k HP while mapping and don't even care about HP there.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 14, 2018, 7:51:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info