[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Pretty sure this has been asked before but I can't seem to find an answer for the build but how do you leech/sustain mana?

EDIT: How do you sustain mana pre-Soul Raker
Last edited by AyoJawn on Jun 11, 2018, 10:31:40 PM
"
Pretty sure this has been asked before but I can't seem to find an answer for the build but how do you leech/sustain mana?

Well, Soul Raker's a pretty big deal and I found it worthwhile to take it a bit earlier than others did. If you find it easier to reach pre-Soul Raker, you could temporarily take the three-point Essence Sap cluster in the lower right, between Winter Spirit and Primeval Force; otherwise levelling standbys like Elreon jewellery can tide you over, or if you have a Gemini/Twin/Double Claw with the mana-gain-on-hit implicit. Also, more damage to more consistently proc Herald of Ice shatters which then proc your Curse On Hit Assassin's Mark helps as well. I've never tried it, but there's also a "+ mana gained for each enemy hit by your attacks" jewel mod in a pinch.
Last edited by Haasts on Jun 11, 2018, 11:22:43 PM
"
Can someone please take a look at my character and let me know what all is wrong or missing. I just started maps and my damage seems pretty low, especially on bosses (yes I'm using BF).

Am I not benefiting from damage on full life because I don't have vaal pact yet? I thought I would be able to do noob maps somewhat easy but something seems off. I still need merc lab to get raider.

I know all of my gear is pretty trash and I need way more life considering I'm on hardcore, but for some reason mapping feels so clunky. Just realized a big mistake though. I had my CWDT set up in stat stick and I was wondering why I kept getting lightning warped..that was a big no no, almost died a few times because of it.

Would someone mind making a list of what upgrades I should prioritize? Note that I'm on hardcore. And yes I did read the guide but I still have trouble understanding some things and in what order to upgrade. I'd appreciate any and all help.

I'm no expert (especially with regard to hardcore) but your character's yet to hit level 70 so it's possible to still be grinding XP in Blood Aqueducts rather than struggling in maps - a few more skill points to grab things like Vaal Pact or to path towards Soul Raker smooth things out a lot. Do you have a levelled Melee Physical Damage support you could experiment with in place of Damage On Full Life to see if it feels any better pre-Vaal Pact?

Yeah, the Moonbender's Wing inbuilt Lightning Warp has caught a bunch of people out when CWDT is socketed in it, can be very puzzling at first.
Anyone tried double strike instead of blade flurry?
"

Talked about this, take a Mana Leech Node in the down right if you don't wanna carry a Mana Flask.
"
Haasts wrote:
Well, Soul Raker's a pretty big deal and I found it worthwhile to take it a bit earlier than others did. If you find it easier to reach pre-Soul Raker, you could temporarily take the three-point Essence Sap cluster

One Point is usually enough once you are decently high Level. Gonna add it to the Levelling Section later.

"
tetrisk wrote:
Anyone tried double strike instead of blade flurry?

Yes, you need Chance to Bleed as a gem to make it work as a Main Link.
Vaal Double Strike - Chance to Bleed - EDwA - DoFL - Ruthless - Ele Focus.
The Double Strike Part itself is at 3.7kk Shaper DPS compared to my 5.3kk with BF.
Each Vaal Double Strike Clone is 950k DPS tho, so with 2 Clones up you slightly beat the normal BF DPS and with 4 Clones up you come out ahead.

It's cool when you can burst down a Boss with all 4 Clones, like random map Bosses or Guardians. On Shaper/Atziri/Uber Elder it is worse than BF due to immunity/transition phases. You blow your clones P1 and then you are a wet noodle, comparatively. Souls take ages to build up on Bosses and you won't get many uses out of VDS. You can maybe start with 4 Clones on a fight (map bosses, shaper, uber atziri), but you usually won't reach them during the fight.

Also keep in mind that Double Strike is a true Namelock Melee Skill with (almost) no Range. Feels way worse than BF with its big-ish AoE and autoaiming on fights. Also, BF hits everything in it's path which makes stuff like Portals on Uber Elder super easy and can actually be decently used to kill extremely tough packs while mapping.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 12, 2018, 8:36:00 AM
Hey Dntsy

Was wondering if u had time to come online and talk about you updated tree and my pob I had some issues before seeing it in pob and after.. with damage vs shaper and vs normal monsters.

Yo everyone, recently updated the Trees for 3 Might of the Meeks.
These Trees have the same DPS, but more Life than the old ones.

3 Might of the Meek give us (additional) 23% max Life, 59% Crit Multi, 14% Attack Speed, 17% Allres, and 12 INT.
3 very good rare Jewels can beat that, but can't beat the Price Point.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 13, 2018, 12:18:43 PM
Changed to meek build,lost 700hp gained 10k tooltip reave dps
I find the trade-off to be worth it only if your rare abyss jewels are really bad.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
"
CAKE wrote:
Changed to meek build,lost 700hp gained 10k tooltip reave dps
I find the trade-off to be worth it only if your rare abyss jewels are really bad.

Don't change to the tree if you don't like it :P
You can check that in PoB first.

And like I said, rare Jewels can beat that.
triple meek setup gave me a 12k tooltip increase, and i'm sitting at about 5.6k life rn. i'm just trying to grind enough fusings to roll a 6L on my belly. sitting at around 200c and 130 fusing rn. going to be a while and i've never 6 linked a chest or weapon in my meager playtime (~600 hours).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info