[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

I started to transition my Scion to more of a pure Molten Strike build, as my clear speed is still insanely fast in T15-16 maps, and the QOL of not needing to swap more gear/gems to kill Shaper/Uber Elder is priceless. Would someone be able to check out my current gear (ZoraFBMS) and let me know where I should prioritize my next upgrades?

I feel like I'm approaching that min/max level where upgrades are gonna start costing multiple Exalts.

"
xZora wrote:
I started to transition my Scion to more of a pure Molten Strike build, as my clear speed is still insanely fast in T15-16 maps, and the QOL of not needing to swap more gear/gems to kill Shaper/Uber Elder is priceless. Would someone be able to check out my current gear (ZoraFBMS) and let me know where I should prioritize my next upgrades?

I feel like I'm approaching that min/max level where upgrades are gonna start costing multiple Exalts.

My recommendations are a 2 socket tombfist or a claw with "Hits can't be evaded" which will allow you to swap to a shield that provides some additional benefits.

Something like those, but all of these will cost quite a bit. You've got the cheaper stuff out of the way so everything else is going to be expensive. Some opal rings would be nice for you too.
"
Solanales wrote:
"
xZora wrote:

My recommendations are a 2 socket tombfist or a claw with "Hits can't be evaded" which will allow you to swap to a shield that provides some additional benefits.

Something like those, but all of these will cost quite a bit. You've got the cheaper stuff out of the way so everything else is going to be expensive. Some opal rings would be nice for you too.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've got about 20 extra Exalts to play around with, but I've been avoiding switching over to a 2 Abyss Tombfist because they're 7 Ex alone, and I really don't want to give up the CoH for Power Charge generation (primarily for mapping, I'm not going to be farming Uber Elder that much, as T16 map sustain has been extremely inconsistent and I have no issue with T15 Elder or Shaper currently). I don't want to socket any auras in wep slots, as I equip swap a lot and don't want the QOL loss of needing to reactivate auras every single time.

I've been doing some browsing looking for a new claw, but have been having some difficulty (the price point seems to jump from 2 Ex to 8+ real quick, and I don't want to invest that heavy in something I may have difficulty trying to resell yet).

As for the rings, I've had a live search going for days now, but I'm in a bit of a pickle as I am quite reliant on my current ones for str, int, and resists :|
Last edited by xZora on Jan 16, 2019, 5:45:27 PM
400+ pdps claws with hits cant be evaded wont cost less than 8ex

2ex multicraft
3ex hits cant be evaded
1ex crit+quality
1ex speed + quality
1ex %phys damage

and ~40c yellow base with only t1 flat phys

but they really worth it

ps. red elder easily killed with frost blades without swap when you reach good dps
i'd say even easier to keep shaper alive with frost blades

i made CI HoWa Juggernaut for mapping now, he doesnt die of huge phys/chaos damage of betrayals

and keep Scion for uber elder kills :D everything else easier to fastank with CI jugg, trying to make right whitesockets to try frost blades here
Last edited by Sonidox on Jan 18, 2019, 12:21:14 PM
uber elder down (2 deaths, was my first uber elder though) and an overall fun playstyle w/ frostblades for mapping. Would definitly recommend this build for budget player, shaper is a joke on even 1-2 ex budget and if you dump more currency on it, i would say, is the best build (that i got to play of course) in term of power, although you can't just facetank everything as good as some very high end LLRF

So now im at a stage where i want to go deeper in the investements but im unsure of what to aim for next, should i wait for a big upgrade or is there small things to improve right now ? I'm in standard btw so i don't have access to betrayal crafts and such

Your advices are welcome !

POB : https://pastebin.com/dADfRLKh
Last edited by ModdedGearV on Jan 19, 2019, 2:54:49 PM
Hey, I really enjoy this build. I was desesperate early on the league but decided to give this build everything I can and i'm glad to say this build rock

I've been able to do end game content without any trouble for the first time (I started in incursion)
The only trouble was the currency for the unnatural instinct since it's so expensive now...

The only bad thing I could say about this build is the lack of defense, but the high life pool make it so we don't die often so that's a good thing (being able to rush maps in a row and not dieing feels very good) and the life leech... oh man, that thing is addicting I don't know how my future builds will feel now lol

Thanks to the one who made this build, even if molten strike wasn't a skill I was looking for I've been enjoying it a lot, and by that I mean I didn't use frost blades at all since molten strike clears well enough with increased area of effect and ancestral call, and it clears boss too lol

Take care exile, and have fun !
Last edited by TV_Shifu on Jan 18, 2019, 11:39:23 PM
So - looking to play a Scion for a change, and like the look of this build. I notice that the OP says the levelling section is out of date though.

He recommends levelling with Sunder, but personally I prefer to level with the skills I'll take into end game, so I get really used to the mechanics. Has anyone recently levelled this build with Molten Strike and/or Frost Blades? If yes - was it ok?

Any responses greatly appreciated. Ty.

<edit> p.s. I'm thinking the MS variant is the way to go?
Last edited by zedzed_uk on Jan 19, 2019, 7:34:42 AM
"
zedzed_uk wrote:
So - looking to play a Scion for a change, and like the look of this build. I notice that the OP says the levelling section is out of date though.

He recommends levelling with Sunder, but personally I prefer to level with the skills I'll take into end game, so I get really used to the mechanics. Has anyone recently levelled this build with Molten Strike and/or Frost Blades? If yes - was it ok?

Any responses greatly appreciated. Ty.

<edit> p.s. I'm thinking the MS variant is the way to go?

Honestly wont change much but sunder feels WAY better than MS for leveling.
smite + ancestral call is great for leveling, and you dont have to care about accuracy, as if melee misses, lighting hits from above

for weapon i used princess, then story of the vaal, then you can use hits cant be evaded unique claws with ms
Last edited by Sonidox on Jan 19, 2019, 12:57:31 PM
Hi Guffin, love the build. I've been experimenting a bit with dual wielding, but sadly "Hits Can't Be Evaded" only applies to the claw it's enchanted on. So it's very expensive to go down that route :(
Last edited by Junie on Jan 19, 2019, 9:15:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info