[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

If anyone hesitates to pick up this build, I just had my first ever fight with uber elder, at first attempt I took both him and shaper to 30% before I ran out of portals. Second run was really close, third one was success, with 4 portals left. Totaly can recommend this build to anyone.

Also, I managed to get 7k life with Loreweave, works really nice on this toon ;)

how much cost your claw?
If u are asking me it was around
1k alts
2 annuls
8ex mastercraft
~10 divines

"
maciek2g wrote:
If anyone hesitates to pick up this build, I just had my first ever fight with uber elder, at first attempt I took both him and shaper to 30% before I ran out of portals. Second run was really close, third one was success, with 4 portals left. Totaly can recommend this build to anyone.

Also, I managed to get 7k life with Loreweave, works really nice on this toon ;)

for uber elder you should understand main thing

survival > doing damage

as for loreweave, i dont know, whats the reason of using it?

damage? - we have plenty without, i dont even swap for ef and conc for uber elder, fb/ms + dofl + wed + multistrijke + crit chance + crit damage, only swaping threshold jewels in tree
fixed resistances? - we die only from phys and chaos ))
Last edited by Sonidox on Jan 11, 2019, 1:53:28 AM
Would anyone mind reviewing my gear? I have a few questions.

I started with the standard 5L FB Helm (Hypo Lvl18) + 6L MS Chest, then decided to go for some faster map clear with a 6L FB Chest & 5L MS Helm (Conc+30% Socket). This was a lot of fun but I wanted to move more towards a Boss Killer & Delver, with the occasional maps for sulphite and decided to go with the setup you see here - purely Molten Strike.

These are the things I am think I am missing, or contemplating on changing:

1. +2 MS Proj Helm Enchant - debating adjusting this build slightly to run Uber Labs or just making a budget Jugg.
2. Since I am low on currency after purchasing most of this gear, I am thinking about selling the tombfists for 7-8EX and replacing with a cheap 1 socket and using the rest of the currency for other pieces (maybe Dying Sun & Helm Enchant?).
3. My attack speed feels pretty low when fighting bosses, at least I feel like I'm not shredding them as fast as the second setup when I would map. I know the weapon isn't the optimal base and maybe I'm still not the greatest at abusing Ancestral Call. Maybe someone can see the answer within my gear setup :P
4. Jewels - Not the greatest I know, but would replacing those have a larger impact? I can't afford Unnatural Instict, obviously. :P
5. My health seems low (IIRC ~sub 6K rn)... definitely contributing to some of my instant deaths to certain syndicates & bosses.
6. Heralds/Auras - I still run herald of ice, dread banner & hatred. Have been leveling up purity but haven't tried it on a boss fight yet.

Not sure how to link my jewels from the passive tree :P...

All the props in the world to OP for this build, I have never had so much fun playing the game. This build allows for so much experimentation that other builds don't allow. I sincerely appreciate any input! :)
Last edited by Overgarda on Jan 11, 2019, 9:41:10 AM
1. forget about +2 ms enchant, too overpriced, just swap to 2 abyss socket lightpoacher
2. imho claw with hits cant be evaded or unnatural instinct jewel are the best investments
dont forget about Wise Oak
3. dont forget to run bloodrage, it give attack speed (maybe helmet enchant for +12 speed with bloodrage will be cheaper) mapping with molten strike with conc is a true pain imho, with frost blades you can stay out of monsters range and perma freeza packs, just make some white sockets in body with Vorici in research hideout, the gem links i'm using now is

fb/ms + wed + dofl + multistrike + crit change + hypothermia

3 red + 1 blue + 1 green + 1 white is enough

4. jewels with 45+ life will boost survivabilty (as well as shield with ore life when you can get cant evade claws)

5. use hits cant be evaded claw + better hp shield or use hc tree
6. if you can get boots with 80+ life, movespeed, dodge + immune to freeze crafted
trade link

also if you can put enchant with +80% chance to avoid stun after kill, you swap brine king pantheon for whatever you like more )

you can put hatred + 2 heralds + enlighten 3/4 for mapping, but for bossing you will need shield with -10/15 mana reservation

i dont even think about mapping with molten strike after i started using frostblades with +1 chain amulet
https://youtu.be/-yWeM3XXAfc
https://youtu.be/3eHuix7CTwI
all i do with molten strike is uber elder
evething else is safer to kill with frostblades due to range and better aoe coverage
Last edited by Sonidox on Jan 11, 2019, 10:48:53 AM
"
Sonidox wrote:
1. forget about +2 ms enchant, too overpriced, just swap to 2 abyss socket lightpoacher
2. imho claw with hits cant be evaded or unnatural instinct jewel are the best investments
dont forget about Wise Oak
3. dont forget to run bloodrage, it give attack speed (maybe helmet enchant for +12 speed with bloodrage will be cheaper) mapping with molten strike with conc is a true pain imho, with frost blades you can stay out of monsters range and perma freeza packs, just make some white sockets in body with Vorici in research hideout, the gem links i'm using now is

fb/ms + wed + dofl + multistrike + crit change + hypothermia

3 red + 1 blue + 1 green + 1 white is enough

4. jewels with 45+ life will boost survivabilty (as well as shield with ore life when you can get cant evade claws)

5. use hits cant be evaded claw + better hp shield or use hc tree
6. if you can get boots with 80+ life, movespeed, dodge + immune to freeze crafted
trade link

also if you can put enchant with +80% chance to avoid stun after kill, you swap brine king pantheon for whatever you like more )

you can put hatred + 2 heralds + enlighten 3/4 for mapping, but for bossing you will need shield with -10/15 mana reservation

i dont even think about mapping with molten strike after i started using frostblades with +1 chain amulet
https://youtu.be/-yWeM3XXAfc

all i do with molten strike is uber elder
evething else is safer to kill with frostblades due to range and better aoe coverage

Thank you Sonidox for the reply! I'll be digging into this deeper tonight.

A follow up questions -
1. If I switch to FB w/ white socket setup, would you even kill Guardians & Shaper with FB? Or are those worth running with the gems for a hotswap before boss? I like killing the guardians and sometimes normal shapper (though still learning to do that fight easily).
2. Haven't been using wise oak as I'm still trying to balance my resistances. It's best to run if you have cold as your highest uncapped res right? Doesn't do much if you have like fire or lightning as your highest?

Last edited by Overgarda on Jan 11, 2019, 10:48:16 AM
you will always have highest cold resistance with Taste of Hate =)
"
Sonidox wrote:
you will always have highest cold resistance with Taste of Hate =)

..........................WOW.............. lol
god i love this build.

Can anyone have a look at my gear and see what upgrades i could make please? I want to sink all my currency into this :D. That's how much i love it!

Last edited by mfemoscow on Jan 11, 2019, 8:18:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info