Skill Revamps - Part 4

"
"
I don't think I understand this new mechanic fully. If a Vaal gem and a normal gem skill are the same gem, utilizing the same links, wouldn't that extinct the normal version? Strange wording. Glad to see you are working on making Vaal skills fun again though.

Vaal gems can't get Vaal'd to lvl 21 because they already Vaal'd. Other than that, I guess?

also, you can't get 20% qual, which usually the main concern on skillgems

unless GGG provides "convert active skill gem into vaal gem" craft mechanic

also, so far its all about buff, I wonder what skill will get fucked later :thinking:
@GGG

My god this is truly an amazing and very generous update! Having to run just one Reave gem and one haste gem is outstanding!

THank you!
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
I don't think I understand this new mechanic fully. If a Vaal gem and a normal gem skill are the same gem, utilizing the same links, wouldn't that extinct the normal version? Strange wording. Glad to see you are working on making Vaal skills fun again though.

"Vaal Skill Gems now grant the regular and the Vaal version of the skill." So if you had Vaal Fireball for example, the gem would grant both Fireball and Vaal Fireball. Both can be used (because if they couldn't be used then what's the point of mentioning it?)

Or are you asking what the point would be to have the regular gems if a Vaal gem grants the baseline skill too? In that case, the reason to run a regular gem would be to have a level 21 or a 23% quality gem instead. Granted, that would most likely happen when there are certain thresholds to get over such as Purity of Fire. If you had a Purity of Fire in a +2 to fire gems item then a level 21 PoF would be upped to level 23, which means it goes from +4% maximum fire resistance to +5%. That couldn't be achieved with a theoretical Vaal Purity of Fire because it would be capped at level 20.
Just digging a deeper grave for none aura Vaal skills.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Chris Wilson 3/10/2021
These notes in a nutshell:
"We doubled vaal double strike. And then we doubled it. Twice."
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
cypherusuh wrote:
"
"

Vaal gems can't get Vaal'd to lvl 21 because they already Vaal'd. Other than that, I guess?

also, so far its all about buff, I wonder what skill will get fucked later :thinking:

Huh? 20% quality is perfectly viable on Vaal gems because you can take a level 20 and 20% quality regular gem and then use a Vaal Orb on it to have a chance to turn the regular gem into a Vaal gem.

Using a Vaal Orb on a skill to turn it into the Vaal version of that skill (and keep the level and quality) has been in the game since Vaal gems and the Vaal orb were introduced.
Now THESE are exciting changes!

New and different builds incoming, get'em while they're hot!

Much love, Redbeak.
"

You can get q20 vaal gems from cards set and vaaling a regular q20 gems, there's a chance the gem turn in the vaal version.
Vaal fireball please be good
"
cypherusuh wrote:
"
"

quality vaal gems can drop (20% ones are relatively common because of 20% gems from uber lab)

also you can vaal a gem to a vaal gem and it'd retain the level and quality

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info