Skill Revamps - Part 4

Nice!!

Next up, Vaal Cyclone! Just allow me to move with it, that's all I ask...lol.
It says that we can use normal skills with the Vaal Version equipped, will we also be able to use Portal with Vaal Breach equipped?

I only ask because the name changes.
"
The Ancestral Call Support can no longer support Vaal skills. The same is still true of Multistrike Support and Spell Echo Support. This is something we'll reassess in future, but at the moment duplicating Vaal skill effects causes too many technical, performance and balance problems.

Fun was detected. Better disable it instead.

"
Vaal Skills now prevent gaining Vaal souls for a short duration when used. This change was made so that we no longer need to balance Vaal skills around their ability to generate their soul cost back again when killing many enemies. Because of this change, we can increase the power and reduce the soul cost of many Vaal skills.

This was one of the few things that WAS good about Vaal skills. If this is the tradeoff, I can't say I'm a fan. With this and the shared skill cooldown, it sounds like we'll need several, different skills all linked up just to chain together decent clear speed to make it anything more than novelty, except on the builds that will also utilize the same non-Vaal skills. I dislike this for the same reason I dislike Overflowing Chalice.

Edit: Actually, that second quote is worse than I thought. You said it prevents gaining ANY Vaal souls for a short duration when used. Yeah, that is straight up awful. Way to ruin the rest of an otherwise good post.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Last edited by Ashriel on May 1, 2018, 10:25:43 PM
Yo dawg, we heard you like doubles, so we doubled the doubles of your doubles.
There's one big question with using Vaal skills that grant the base skills, though:

Will we still be able to use separate gems? I mean, aside from the more obvious reasons (can't get 21/20% Vaal gems) there's also the question of Vaal AURAS; we don't use the same supports with normal auras (e.g, Enlighten) as we do with Vaal auras. (Increased duration)
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
I dont like that we cant get lvl21/20 versions of these.

Example lightning strike, doesnt it get an extra proj at 21? And because of the hat enchant you end up with an even number of projectiles at a lvl20 gem, which means you dont get a projectile down the middle and have that annoying V that misses whats right in front of your line of attack, that means you need the lvl21 gem to make the skill work properly, but now you cant use the extra vaal attack if you want to properly use the normal attack...

I like the idea but with lvl21 gems in the game and that bonus being either extremely strong or even semi mandatory in certain cases like above it just feels like a shitty compromise, it would feel like crap no matter what choice you made either way.
Double Strike finally gets a buff!

Spoiler
Inb4 5% extra damage against bleeding targets
Good news for vaal skills.
push
The Jay Wilson'ed Double Strike lol.
Meanwhile D3 got an expansion four years ago.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info