Poet's Way. T H I C C Poet's Pen Boss Killer

Is there a leveling tree some where or can someone tell me what I should be picking up first? Also, what to grab in order from ascendancy?
"
Is there a leveling tree some where or can someone tell me what I should be picking up first? Also, what to grab in order from ascendancy?

from few pages ago:
"
dvs_m0rph wrote:
While leveling focus on attributes, endurance charges and damage. Fill in life later.

"
Sombra1337 wrote:
Holy shit its REALLY hard to get capped resistances. Any tips here?

i slightly changed the build for my needs because double dmg mod jewels + %life + all res is pretty expensive. i'm using rare boots with 30 movespeed, dual res, and some life instead of bubonic trails/kaoms roots and threw in a cwdt/ball lightning/flammability/curse on hit setup i saw someone else do earlier in the thread. i dropped unyielding in favor of unstoppable for uber elder so i can't be slowed since or stunned since i don't use kaoms roots.

with a high dex devoto's (i have a 64) and a jewel with 8 dex i was able to get the needed dex for gmp/faster attacks level 20 (111 dex, what this build shoots for). i got dual res gloves with attack speed instead of gloves with dex. now that i think about it i could have dropped the attack speed and gone tri res life gloves and probably get enough attack speed upping the quality of frenzy/gmp/faster attacks, not sure though. if you use a belt with cooldown recovery you'll probably need attack speed on gloves if you want to get the most out of it. tri res gloves are probably more expensive anyhow. as for belt i didn't bother with a cooldown recovery one, i really like the tri res life belt i have currently. also enlighten lvl 4 so you can run purity of ice is also a good chunk of cold res + max res for uber elder.

in the end you lose damage on bosses since unyielding gives a good amount and curses aren't that effective on bosses, but clearing maps/trash with cwdt/flammability/ball lightning/curse on hit seemed fine though i imagine unyielding is also superior (extra area of effect). however i was able to snag mostly dual dmg jewels with %life for like 80c to about 1ex each (when exalts were like 130+ chaos), only grabbed one that has all res on it. my jewels aren't amazing but they're good enough; the double dmg jewels add a good amount of damage honestly. i aimed for more than 25% damage on each jewel-- i think one is below that. i got lucky corrupting poet's pens which is a good boost of damage, but even before my corrupted pens i could do uber elder and damage on portals/adds felt a bit slow but otherwise it was all good, single target damage was great imo. only issue on that fight was dying to slams because lazy and thought i could tank everything. so there are ways around all res on jewels, but you're going to have to give up some things. in the end i still have slightly less vd damage than op's pob link but not by too much

edit: actually quite a bit behind if you factor in his attack speed (mainly because of his belt allowing him a higher attack speed) versus mine but still, the damage felt good enough with my poverty changes. also went for double damage jewels since i'm already behind on damage as i drop unyielding.

edit2: huh single dmg + %life + all res seems to be like not too expensive, even cheaper than what i did. i might be retarded, unsure if my advice is even "budget" after all
Last edited by thegame42069 on Jul 14, 2018, 4:15:51 PM
"
pristit wrote:
Hi,

I've been following a similar version of this build (copying off macsdf1)

And I was wondering if we have to have life leech + vit life recovery on the watcher's eye.

I've gotten everything except the watcher's eye and I cant seem to find one, the only ones online are listed 30ex+ and I can't seem to find a jewel to use.

do I HAVE to have both life leech and life recovery? or can it be just one of the two?

Like only life rec or only life leech, I'm fairly certain I could find a cheaper version of those.

just any leech vit or fire is needed. I only use the vit/vit so I can regen enough life to run RF as well, which is the biggest dmg boost u can gain. Maybe with a flow unteathered and resist boots I can get mega super regen haha.
The Rich Get Richer, the Po Stay Po.
I can't see the passive tree and ascendancy for this build, can anyone help? thanks!
the build looks amazing but i wanna know how expensive it is.
Awsome build, really like it,! Just a question, IF i get a Ligthning dmg too attacks on my gear wont EE keystone bee great? some Hp loss but im not on iHC. Thanks again for great build.
Hi guys. Im not really satisfied with my damage. What can I do next to improve it? Thank you for your time.
"
micky21768 wrote:
the build looks amazing but i wanna know how expensive it is.

30ex+ if you want it feel good
"
macsdf1 wrote:
"
philipma wrote:
Hi everyone i followed the build and i have enjoyed a lot thanks for all the information from everyone, i am level 97 i pretty much min/max the build, clears almost all content easy and clearspeed is fine. Farming elder atm i die from his slam sometimes and also shaper dies a lot and cant drop jewel cause i am low on dmg, didnt try uber elder yet cause i really thing i cant make the fight.

Anyone help me with some feedback how to be more efficient on elder and if i am ready for uber elder. all me res are the same for wise oak to be more effective i believe. dps in ho is 23k vd

ign : deathofincursion

also how is possible i dont get more dps with corr poet's {incr fire dmg/ attack speed} 15% spell dmg beats it. i am saying cause i read from someone in thread that he gets more dps with corr

i would appreciate some help cause its the only build i made and gave all my currency on it. a good shoutout to the maker of the build i enjoy it a lot and to people who help out others in thread.

life 9.5k
res 75/75/75
end charges 8
life regen 1160
soul of solaris/tukohama

i would get twin 10% ele penetration poet pens. Increased damage isn't really alot, but 20% penetration is, for things that matter.

Your dps is more than enough to do uber elder. People have killed with far less dps. If you are dying to shaper and elder, you simply need more practice in knowing their moves, not thing the build can do to save u vs that.

Also u have 2x hypnotic eyes. you want 3 diff types of eyes since you're wearing bubonics, and u want ones that do fire dmg to spells. Your searching eye adds attack speed and dmg to attacks, both things we don't need.

warlords mark ring does nothing for us as well as the diamond ring base. Get an opal ring base if u want more dmg.

Elemenal weakenes on hit gloves would be better option for ur curse.

My current paste bin https://pastebin.com/41x5Xbcd
same dmg as urs, but more life regen. IF I turn on RF dmg is way higher than urs with 800 life regen or so. If I used unyielding over unstoppable even more dps, but I like being immune to stuff. Ur kaom body is instane and xoph too, but I don't use anger.

thanks i just bought me 2 poet's with ele pen and i will try the gloves with ele weak, thanks gl in game
"
thegame42069 wrote:
"

from few pages ago:
"
dvs_m0rph wrote:
While leveling focus on attributes, endurance charges and damage. Fill in life later.

"
Sombra1337 wrote:
Holy shit its REALLY hard to get capped resistances. Any tips here?

i slightly changed the build for my needs because double dmg mod jewels + %life + all res is pretty expensive. i'm using rare boots with 30 movespeed, dual res, and some life instead of bubonic trails/kaoms roots and threw in a cwdt/ball lightning/flammability/curse on hit setup i saw someone else do earlier in the thread. i dropped unyielding in favor of unstoppable for uber elder so i can't be slowed since or stunned since i don't use kaoms roots.

with a high dex devoto's (i have a 64) and a jewel with 8 dex i was able to get the needed dex for gmp/faster attacks level 20 (111 dex, what this build shoots for). i got dual res gloves with attack speed instead of gloves with dex. now that i think about it i could have dropped the attack speed and gone tri res life gloves and probably get enough attack speed upping the quality of frenzy/gmp/faster attacks, not sure though. if you use a belt with cooldown recovery you'll probably need attack speed on gloves if you want to get the most out of it. tri res gloves are probably more expensive anyhow. as for belt i didn't bother with a cooldown recovery one, i really like the tri res life belt i have currently. also enlighten lvl 4 so you can run purity of ice is also a good chunk of cold res + max res for uber elder.

in the end you lose damage on bosses since unyielding gives a good amount and curses aren't that effective on bosses, but clearing maps/trash with cwdt/flammability/ball lightning/curse on hit seemed fine though i imagine unyielding is also superior (extra area of effect). however i was able to snag mostly dual dmg jewels with %life for like 80c to about 1ex each (when exalts were like 130+ chaos), only grabbed one that has all res on it. my jewels aren't amazing but they're good enough; the double dmg jewels add a good amount of damage honestly. i aimed for more than 25% damage on each jewel-- i think one is below that. i got lucky corrupting poet's pens which is a good boost of damage, but even before my corrupted pens i could do uber elder and damage on portals/adds felt a bit slow but otherwise it was all good, single target damage was great imo. only issue on that fight was dying to slams because lazy and thought i could tank everything. so there are ways around all res on jewels, but you're going to have to give up some things. in the end i still have slightly less vd damage than op's pob link but not by too much

edit: actually quite a bit behind if you factor in his attack speed (mainly because of his belt allowing him a higher attack speed) versus mine but still, the damage felt good enough with my poverty changes. also went for double damage jewels since i'm already behind on damage as i drop unyielding.

edit2: huh single dmg + %life + all res seems to be like not too expensive, even cheaper than what i did. i might be retarded, unsure if my advice is even "budget" after all

Hey man, I see that you take your posts seriously so I decided to give you my feedback on how you went about it with your changes:

-I would not remove Unyielding for its damage and AoE. You could have gone to begin with with single damage jewels + life + res
-Since I mentioned res, your jewels do not need to have ALL res really. Just one or two types on different percentages. You could buy those even for just 10c (if you were very lucky and a bit of a filthy scammer) or usually around 25-30c. These are significantly cheaper than the ALL res + life+ Single or double damage. This was my way to optimize Wise Oak flask as I wanted.
-If you remove the Bubonic Trails, you immediately lose about 28-29% damage, plus life, plus resistances. By adding the boots you mentioned you have to compensate for the lack of damage with another double damage jewel which is 80c-1ex and maybe more.
-I have not tried it but from the looks of it, people take down Uber Elder with around 35-38k VD tootltip damage (fully buffed!) and I am sure even removing Bubonic's for Kaom's boots and considering all the rest of your gear, you would still have enough damage for the fight. I maybe wrong on this one though because I have not tested it myself.
-Your Cast when damage taken for a 4-link, it makes sense but you do not need 4 links at all imo for a CWDT setup.
-AS gloves not really necessary. Better to get the Elemental Weakness curse ones or as you said (ideally imo) triple res and life which would also help to optimize the Wise Oak.

Overall, I think you spent too much currency just for not to use Kaom's Roots for the Uber Elder fight and by trying to get double damage jewels to cover for the loss of power from Unyielding and Bubonic's. If you just spent your money on a Cooldown reduction belt, you would still have even more damage by using the Kaom's boots for UElder.

I hope you will see that my feedback is intended to be only constructive and not judgmental because as I said above, it is clear that you take this build seriously.
Last edited by n3wtonapple on Jul 16, 2018, 8:54:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info