Poet's Way. T H I C C Poet's Pen Boss Killer

"
MrWay wrote:
I´m having a lot of fun with it, mapping is great and you can do guardians without problems.
But fighting Shaper i feel the damage low; and in Uber Elder with almost 9k life (8.9 i think) i also feel really squishy.
My characters are public, so if anybody wants to check my build and can give me a tip or something, i will appreciate it.

Thanks

For DPS on shaper etc you just need more ele / fire penetration. Corrupt pens and double anger (leech + penetrate) watchers eye makes a huge difference. It is also expensive of course! Ele curse on hit with gloves also helps. Sulphur flask also helps a bit. With enough pen you can burn down each phase in a few seconds.

Ref squishy with Uber elder: that's because so much cold damage ignores our Phys mitigation. Kaom roots helps lots with avoiding that cold damage, though it does mess up wise oak if not careful.
How does this build rate as a league starter? Map clear speed? Uber elder?
Anyone going to run thise next league?
Just curiose,how should I lvl this Jugg without PP.
Any advise with Maraduer build would be close enough in terms of tree,gems and mb also gear to respec in to thise later?
its a supper cool build.
i tried this build in delve and betrayal, got all gears but its hard to find/affort good jewels.
i would say you need about 10ex to start with, but you need ALOT to reach its maximum power.

Last edited by Piremard on Mar 8, 2019, 5:22:55 PM
Anyone know if this build will still be viable post-nerf? I was building towards it when I found out about this.

From the patch notes:
"The Poet's Pen now only triggers spells socketed within it if you attacked with that specific weapon. Previously, dual-wielding The Poet's Pen would mean that you triggered spells from both weapons with each attack."

Last edited by Gauss_Death on Mar 6, 2019, 5:23:31 PM
I wonder too if this build will be viable but I doubt it
I’m pretty sure that all we need to do is stack attack speed and we will be fine with the nerf, I’m not sure tho if someone could confirm
"
ScottEvill wrote:
Any advise with Maraduer build would be close enough in terms of tree,gems and mb also gear to respec in to thise later?

"
Sartik wrote:

"
I’m pretty sure that all we need to do is stack attack speed and we will be fine with the nerf, I’m not sure tho if someone could confirm

3.6 UPDATE
Poet's Pen nerf hits pretty hard. One thing i don't know, that should be tested is how poet's pen would work with Barrage. Potentially switching to it from Frenzy is all it takes.
Otherwise there is room to fit attack speed in this build, but it might be too much investment. Here is an example. Insanity gloves are pretty much mandatory. Still viable, but weaker and harder to get going. If you are already playing this build - you can make it work, but if you are just thinking of starting - i would wait for feedback from those who are already playing it or look for a different build.

"
Piremard wrote:
its a supper cool build.
but not a good starter since PP need lvl 72 to work

PP is lvl 12.
Last edited by dvs_m0rph on Mar 7, 2019, 8:20:46 AM
"
dvs_m0rph wrote:
"
ScottEvill wrote:

"
Sartik wrote:

"

3.6 UPDATE
Poet's Pen nerf hits pretty hard. One thing i don't know, that should be tested is how poet's pen would work with Barrage. Potentially switching to it from Frenzy is all it takes.
Otherwise there is room to fit attack speed in this build, but it might be too much investment. Here is an example. Insanity gloves are pretty much mandatory. Still viable, but weaker and harder to get going. If you are already playing this build - you can make it work, but if you are just thinking of starting - i would wait for feedback from those who are already playing it or look for a different build.

"
Piremard wrote:
its a supper cool build.
but not a good starter since PP need lvl 72 to work

PP is lvl 12.

Unfortunately, I *just* finished assembling my equipment for the build and was about to respec a character for it. *sigh*
:D ok i enjoyed the last moments before server restart for 3.6 killing t16 bosses with this build
and i hope to find good jewels to inc att speed :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info