Poet's Way. T H I C C Poet's Pen Boss Killer

Does Headhunter work well with this build?
Can someone help me sort out what exactly would I need to change here? As I understand, 24k avg hit is low, despite having pretty much all gear pieces in place (no pen on anger jewel, however).
This is what I have right now at lvl 78:
https://pastebin.com/WxnhXJ90
That's the plan to lvl 90:
https://pastebin.com/NU4rYRSs
dexterity wont be a problem as u dont need more than mas 120 dex. frenzy you dont have to level up at all which i belive u have not taking in accounting for min / max. as lvl 1 the speed is the same as lvl 20 and since we only use frenzy to activate our VD and unearth frenzy has no need to be leveled up. keep it lvl 1 and kill everything.

just add quality to it
Life is short. Do something about it!
Last edited by LordDrikos on Jul 13, 2018, 7:00:13 PM
Basically answered my own question from before, I'm trying to nerf my APS, I'm at 3.95 APS on frenzy but I still find myself skipping volatile dead casts, got gloves without attack speed and poet's with 8% (minimum)

Right now I'm going to try getting a faster attacks lvl15 linked with my frenzy instead of 20, I really feel like I'm missing something here lol..

PoB: https://pastebin.com/QZAVWba6
"
Kshro wrote:
Basically answered my own question from before, I'm trying to nerf my APS, I'm at 3.95 APS on frenzy but I still find myself skipping volatile dead casts, got gloves without attack speed and poet's with 8% (minimum)

Right now I'm going to try getting a faster attacks lvl15 linked with my frenzy instead of 20, I really feel like I'm missing something here lol..

says your frenzy is 3.87 on pob which is still most likely too high. if you look on last page or the page before, another person had a similar issue as you do with too much attack speed. n3wtonapple helped explain it a bit more from op's post and the gist is if you have no increased cooldown recovery speed (typically on a belt) you should not go under 250ms for attacks, or ~270ms adjusting for latency. 1/3.87 is ~.258s or 258ms which is faster than 270ms.

you have quality on frenzy/gmp/faster attacks which boosts your attack speed by .5% per quality on each of those gems i believe. i personally run with 3.73 attack speed with frenzy charges, i could probably go a bit higher before the skipping sets in (you're skipping casts because your vd/unearth cooldown with the pens is not finished by the time you can attack with frenzy again as your attack speed is too high) but i'm not too bothered minmaxing further. 1/3.73 is .268 which is a bit lower than .270 but i never seem to have any skipping, might vary for you. the highest i'd gun for if you really want would be 3.8 attack rate but i'm pretty sure you'll skip, test it if you want. i'd say 3.75 is probably the safest without skipping, but be sure to test it yourself. it might skip one in every like seven casts or something, idk

again, this is all considering no increased cooldown recovery. if you have some you can get higher attack speed without skipping as your vd/unearth cooldowns will be lower as they recover faster.

also your frenzy is level 20, there's no need for that as it boosts your dex needs higher. you can roll with a level 1 like most others, i use a 5 for no good reason. your dex required for a 20 frenzy is 155, with a default level 1 it's only 111 (requirement for level 20 gmp). you can drop dex on gloves and/or some jewels if you do this (if you drop dex on gloves you can get another resist roll)

with pob it says if you drop to a level 1 frenzy with 4 or 5 quality you'll be at 3.73 attack speed with frenzy charges and you shouldn't be skipping any vd casts, but test it yourself and see as it may vary due to ping or something
Last edited by thegame42069 on Jul 13, 2018, 8:16:11 PM
"
mikerelf wrote:
Can someone help me sort out what exactly would I need to change here? As I understand, 24k avg hit is low, despite having pretty much all gear pieces in place (no pen on anger jewel, however).
This is what I have right now at lvl 78:
https://pastebin.com/WxnhXJ90
That's the plan to lvl 90:
https://pastebin.com/NU4rYRSs

looking at your 90 pob, you need to tick ignite in config and also throw in combustion gem (replace bodyswap with it) as it's a huge damage boost for bosses. 24495 -> 29196 with a level 20 combustion. combustion lowers the fire resistance of enemies when they're ignite and gives supported skills a chance to ignite (in this case your unearth will ignite)

you have one point at the very bottom that's not very efficient, endurance charge duration. do your best as well to cap res because if you can remove your diamond skin near marauder start + the armor node that links it that's three more points you can throw towards %life (and probably get life and armour near the juggernaut node, 8% armour 4% life)

you might be able to bump your attack speed higher because of your belt (and maybe get a better one; stun/block recovery doesn't seem useful and flask mana recovery rate is useless, but it might be expensive getting a dual res+high life belt with the cooldown recovery), but i'm not sure how high you could push it before it starts skipping, you would need to test it yourself. aside from that keep trying to get double dmg mod jewels + %life + res if needed. i'm not sure of your one jewel with projectile damage-- i do not think that benefits vd as it does not have that tag (projectile) on the gem. grab 21/0 anger, 21/20 herald of ash/conc effect/ele focus and a 21/x volatile dead (quality gives increased area of effect, helpful for clearing stuff but not so much single target; i use a 21/15 because i found one for pretty cheap). a second corrupted pen with ele penetration would help as well but it's pretty pricey

you can leave your frenzy at level 1, no need to level it
Last edited by thegame42069 on Jul 13, 2018, 9:08:59 PM
"
thegame42069 wrote:
"
Kshro wrote:

says your frenzy is 3.87 on pob which is still most likely too high. if you look on last page or the page before, another person had a similar issue as you do with too much attack speed. n3wtonapple helped explain it a bit more from op's post and the gist is if you have no increased cooldown recovery speed (typically on a belt) you should not go under 250ms for attacks, or ~270ms adjusting for latency. 1/3.87 is ~.258s or 258ms which is faster than 270ms.

you have quality on frenzy/gmp/faster attacks which boosts your attack speed by .5% per quality on each of those gems i believe. i personally run with 3.73 attack speed with frenzy charges, i could probably go a bit higher before the skipping sets in (you're skipping casts because your vd/unearth cooldown with the pens is not finished by the time you can attack with frenzy again as your attack speed is too high) but i'm not too bothered minmaxing further. 1/3.73 is .268 which is a bit lower than .270 but i never seem to have any skipping, might vary for you. the highest i'd gun for if you really want would be 3.8 attack rate but i'm pretty sure you'll skip, test it if you want. i'd say 3.75 is probably the safest without skipping, but be sure to test it yourself. it might skip one in every like seven casts or something, idk

again, this is all considering no increased cooldown recovery. if you have some you can get higher attack speed without skipping as your vd/unearth cooldowns will be lower as they recover faster.

also your frenzy is level 20, there's no need for that as it boosts your dex needs higher. you can roll with a level 1 like most others, i use a 5 for no good reason. your dex required for a 20 frenzy is 155, with a default level 1 it's only 111 (requirement for level 20 gmp). you can drop dex on gloves and/or some jewels if you do this (if you drop dex on gloves you can get another resist roll)

with pob it says if you drop to a level 1 frenzy with 4 or 5 quality you'll be at 3.73 attack speed with frenzy charges and you shouldn't be skipping any vd casts, but test it yourself and see as it may vary due to ping or something

Fixing the Faster Attack support quality did it for me, dropped me to 3.77 which seems to be working, thanks! I actually had no idea the quality upped the attack speed
Holy shit its REALLY hard to get capped resistances. Any tips here?
"
Sombra1337 wrote:
Does Headhunter work well with this build?

No it does not.

"
Sombra1337 wrote:
Holy shit its REALLY hard to get capped resistances. Any tips here?

It is really not that bad. You have a total of 7-10 jewel slots usually and all of them can get res. If you include the belt and gloves only on top, its quite easy.

I do not consider even the +36% you get from you endurance charges.

Edit: Wise OAK gives you also +35% of res on top of everything else.
Last edited by n3wtonapple on Jul 14, 2018, 9:41:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info