Poet's Way. T H I C C Poet's Pen Boss Killer

read edit:2 also yes, i will check the gems to remove quality for those that give attack speed, dont know about belt maybe i will test it out at a later stage, will try and get an aoe/ele pen poets to test it out also.
Thanks very much for the help
"
philipma wrote:
Hi everyone i followed the build and i have enjoyed a lot thanks for all the information from everyone, i am level 97 i pretty much min/max the build, clears almost all content easy and clearspeed is fine. Farming elder atm i die from his slam sometimes and also shaper dies a lot and cant drop jewel cause i am low on dmg, didnt try uber elder yet cause i really thing i cant make the fight.

Anyone help me with some feedback how to be more efficient on elder and if i am ready for uber elder. all me res are the same for wise oak to be more effective i believe. dps in ho is 23k vd

ign : deathofincursion

also how is possible i dont get more dps with corr poet's {incr fire dmg/ attack speed} 15% spell dmg beats it. i am saying cause i read from someone in thread that he gets more dps with corr

i would appreciate some help cause its the only build i made and gave all my currency on it. a good shoutout to the maker of the build i enjoy it a lot and to people who help out others in thread.

life 9.5k
res 75/75/75
end charges 8
life regen 1160
soul of solaris/tukohama

i would get twin 10% ele penetration poet pens. Increased damage isn't really alot, but 20% penetration is, for things that matter.

Your dps is more than enough to do uber elder. People have killed with far less dps. If you are dying to shaper and elder, you simply need more practice in knowing their moves, not thing the build can do to save u vs that.

Also u have 2x hypnotic eyes. you want 3 diff types of eyes since you're wearing bubonics, and u want ones that do fire dmg to spells. Your searching eye adds attack speed and dmg to attacks, both things we don't need.

warlords mark ring does nothing for us as well as the diamond ring base. Get an opal ring base if u want more dmg.

Elemenal weakenes on hit gloves would be better option for ur curse.

My current paste bin https://pastebin.com/41x5Xbcd
same dmg as urs, but more life regen. IF I turn on RF dmg is way higher than urs with 800 life regen or so. If I used unyielding over unstoppable even more dps, but I like being immune to stuff. Ur kaom body is instane and xoph too, but I don't use anger.
The Rich Get Richer, the Po Stay Po.
Last edited by macsdf1 on Jul 11, 2018, 8:50:54 PM
Hi!
Awesome build, strongest one I've ever made for damn sure.
Took uber elder down 4 times already. First 2 I died once for silly mistakes, second 2 deathless, and the fourth was just a lazy kill, ate like 20 balls from shaper and didnt die once.
Thanks for the guied, was looking for something like this.

For those that are wondering, you need to sink a big amount of currency into it to have it work comfortably, otherwise, you'll have to deal with some risky mechanics like vaal righteous fire for the extra dmg.
Some tips for new lads:
.if u dont have xophs yet, u can use atziris flask for xtra dmg
.u can get a corrupted poets pen (ele dmg penetration) as a substitute for the super expensive watchers eye with 2 anger mods. It's still expensive though, just less than WE. 2 of those provide even more dmg than WE
.get yourself a lv21 VD. This is much better than lv20. Quality doesnt really matter on it
.When you want to hit precise areas (such as atziri fight or izaro fight for xtra key), swap VD for Cremation.
.Turn on live search for jewels with xtra life and 1-2 dmg nodes. You'll be surprised by the super cheap ones that can appear.
"
JMGzz wrote:
Hi!
Awesome build, strongest one I've ever made for damn sure.
Took uber elder down 4 times already. First 2 I died once for silly mistakes, second 2 deathless, and the fourth was just a lazy kill, ate like 20 balls from shaper and didnt die once.
Thanks for the guied, was looking for something like this.

For those that are wondering, you need to sink a big amount of currency into it to have it work comfortably, otherwise, you'll have to deal with some risky mechanics like vaal righteous fire for the extra dmg.
Some tips for new lads:
.if u dont have xophs yet, u can use atziris flask for xtra dmg
.u can get a corrupted poets pen (ele dmg penetration) as a substitute for the super expensive watchers eye with 2 anger mods. It's still expensive though, just less than WE. 2 of those provide even more dmg than WE
.get yourself a lv21 VD. This is much better than lv20. Quality doesnt really matter on it
.When you want to hit precise areas (such as atziri fight or izaro fight for xtra key), swap VD for Cremation.
.Turn on live search for jewels with xtra life and 1-2 dmg nodes. You'll be surprised by the super cheap ones that can appear.

Since we are on the tip mode :D I would suggest also the following:
-Put the Flame Dash on the secondary setup and create in your Bubonic Trail boots a 2-link with Cast When Damage Taken (Lv1) + Flammability (Lv5 I think but check it). Huge DPS when applicable until you buy the 2 Poets with Ele penetration.
-The resistances are not that hard to play with and I found it easier than expected to leave the Fire Res higher and as the Game42069 already mentioned make the Cold+Lightning res equal. It is even easier if you use Purity of Ice (LV4 enlighten required)!
-If someone already has a LV enlighten and is not farming Uber Elder (cold res really important), he can replace the Purity of Ice with a Herald of Ice or whatever increases damage. The downside is that if you fine tuned your resistances with the Purity of Ice in mind then using a damage herald, the resistance will need adjustment again..!
Last edited by n3wtonapple on Jul 12, 2018, 10:15:40 AM
https://pastebin.com/NK96mMqK

no dmg, help me
"
Pedrohah wrote:
https://pastebin.com/NK96mMqK

no dmg, help me

Atziri flask does nothing with Avatar of Fire
Wrong res for Wise Oak
No Combustion linked to Unearth
With those fixed you go from 24k to 35k.
Hi,

I've been following a similar version of this build (copying off macsdf1)

And I was wondering if we have to have life leech + vit life recovery on the watcher's eye.

I've gotten everything except the watcher's eye and I cant seem to find one, the only ones online are listed 30ex+ and I can't seem to find a jewel to use.

do I HAVE to have both life leech and life recovery? or can it be just one of the two?

Like only life rec or only life leech, I'm fairly certain I could find a cheaper version of those.
You only need Fire Damage leech.
Last edited by ThecNiqueMan on Jul 12, 2018, 11:20:10 PM
"
dvs_m0rph wrote:

Have fun! Good luck hunting Elder!

THX MAN

https://youtu.be/9AWBK6NX6eM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AWBK6NX6eM&lc=UgyVBYUMkX_kPWyHc754AaABAg
IgN:Dildobow : ShblwkaVstala
Liking this build so far, though I think I'm having an issue, my volatile dead seems to only be casting every 2 clicks, how do I fix this?

Here's my PoB if it's of any help
https://pastebin.com/RcL4Bf2H

My guess is that this is caused by too many APS? How much should I drop, I currently have 16% attack speed on my gloves, would dropping that to 10-12 or removing it all solve this? Or better even, what numbers am I looking for?
Last edited by Kshro on Jul 13, 2018, 4:16:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info