Poet's Way. T H I C C Poet's Pen Boss Killer

really stupid question.. can anyone make 1 or 2 screenshots from the tree in PoB? im on mobile and wanna check the build.. only the PoEMate app works here :/
Last edited by unleashed666 on Jul 9, 2018, 11:56:40 AM
"
thegame42069 wrote:
"
Hello, I'm experiencing some problems with the damage, it is trivial to me very little, I certainly killed Shaper and Ancient, but at Ancient damage I could barely, I certainly understand that you need to change 2 more gems, but I doubt that this will drastically affect the damage. If it's not difficult to check the character and apologize for Google Translate https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ShurikPonomarev/characters ShurikKillAllBoss

i would try to help you if possible, but you no longer have your gear on that character. also combustion support gem is a huge damage boost versus bosses, i believe that is one of the gems you're asking about that you need to swap.

"
Camaron wrote:
what attack speed should i aim for (on frenzy right?)

"
pum4aaa wrote:
Man i don't understand how many attack speed on frenzy i need?! (20% cd on belt. all gems 20/20)
Can u help me?

gmp, culling strike, frenzy, and faster attacks quality all give attack speed. the attack speed you want to aim for relies on your cooldown recovery (belt mainly has it). someone here may know, i don't, but you could probably just google it (attack speed cooldown recovery poet's pen) or test it yourself if you have some currency to spare (keep getting higher attack speed by upping quality on your gems that affect attack speed -> eventually you'll see yourself skipping -> you need to be below that attack speed by a little bit)

if you test it don't forget frenzy stacks when it hits something and increases your attack speed more so you can't test it by just sitting in your hideout

"
thegame42069 wrote:
"
Celticers wrote:
Really like the build so far!
I'm relatively new to PoE, so i am super sorry for this noob question: i use Frenzy as my main attack skill, right?

yep, you just press frenzy and poet's pen does everything else. when you hit frenzy you attack with your pens causing your pens to use their socketed skills. as far as everything goes i threw your guy into path of building and it looks alright, get the vd destroys 1 additional corpse enchant when you can for your helmet. your socket 7 jewel, armageddon vessel viridian jewel, has global phys dmg and i don't think that really helps out at all with damage, though it has some life and res on it which i guess is the reason you're using it. your other jewel with ignite duration and chance to ignite aren't really important (someone correct me if i'm wrong please), but it also has %life and fire dmg which is decent.

overall just keep levelling and if you're a do it yourself person, get your gems to level 20 and quality vd/conc effect/ele focus/herald of ash mainly. or just buy them if you want to spend currency. anger quality doesn't matter.

frenzy/faster attacks/gmp/culling strike quality all affect attack speed and depend on your attack speed goal which is affected by increased cooldown recovery if you have a belt or whatever other piece can roll that mod. too much attack speed = your pens don't actually trigger on every attack which is really, really bad and you want to be just under that. as for the actual attack speed number you want to reach for the various increased cooldown recovery numbers, i have no idea, i believe dvs_m0rph touches on it in his initial post but otherwise you can google it and i'm sure you'll find someone who's found out the exact numbers.

vd destroys 1 additional corpse on helmet, xoph's, 2 abyssal socket boots (irrelevant for uber elder since you will want to use kaoms roots), cooldown recovery belt if you wish (i don't use one because i'm cheap), level/quality gems, %life jewels with 2 dmg mods if possible but they're pretty expensive (inc fire dmg, inc area dmg, inc spell dmg, inc spell dmg while dual wielding, inc dmg) and maybe res if you need it

important: your frenzy is levelled up really high, you don't need to level it. op's pob link has a level 1 frenzy and i use a 5, level doesn't really matter as far as i know except don't have a high level one because it requires higher dex. you only need 111 dex (lvl 20 faster attacks and gmp) and your frenzy at 18 requires 146 dex. i was able to get 111 dex exact via 64 dex devoto's + 8 dex on a jewel, allowing me to bypass dex on gloves and get gloves with 2 res as dex is always a suffix i believe

I am gonna try to explain how I worked on tuning my Attack Speed (AS) with the Poets. Firstly, do one of the 2 following things:
-Use Path of Building (PoB) to estimate your total Frenzy AS. Do not forget to tick the "Do you use Frenzies?" box.
-Go on Blood Aquaducts or whatever region and kill a few mobs to proc your frenzies and then note the max Frenzy AS you have.

Now, let's say for example your tooltip AS is 3.7. That means that you attack with the Frenzy skill every: 1/3.7= ~0.270s or 270ms.

According to the OPs very nice description, the Poets have an internal cooldown of 0.250s or 250ms. Again, as he also mentions due to latency or whatever real reason your Frenzy AS should not be less than 0.270s or 270ms.

For our example above and for a total tooltip AS of 3.7 we are indeed within the limits so Poets will never miss a Volatile Dead (VD) proc.

You can always double check yourself by doing this really simple division of 1/X=Y seconds.

When you have a cooldown reduction belt of 20%, according to the OP, this means that the Poets internal cooldown is reduced to 0.210s and if you apply the same notion then the Frenzy AS should not be less than 0.230s. That allows for an increase to the AS up to 4.7 using the the faster attacks gem or culling strike or whatever controls the AS.

In a few words, the decreased cooldown permits more AS > more VD procs > more damage wihtout missing a single VD proc.

If something is wrong in my way of thinking or calculations do not hesitate to let me know!

I hope this helps.

N
Last edited by n3wtonapple on Jul 10, 2018, 4:31:56 AM
"
unleashed666 wrote:
really stupid question.. can anyone make 1 or 2 screenshots from the tree in PoB? im on mobile and wanna check the build.. only the PoEMate app works here :/

I got you bro :D

https://imgur.com/a/kM9Xw52

https://imgur.com/a/RrG8DhV

C ya
"
n3wtonapple wrote:
"
unleashed666 wrote:

I got you bro :D

https://imgur.com/a/kM9Xw52

https://imgur.com/a/RrG8DhV

C ya

thanks!
What will give me more dmg xoph blood ammy or the helmet enchant?

I am at a wall on dmg, if some experienced player could tell me what to upgrade next

name is inmortal on HC incursion

Ty
"
Camaron wrote:
What will give me more dmg xoph blood ammy or the helmet enchant?

I am at a wall on dmg, if some experienced player could tell me what to upgrade next

name is inmortal on HC incursion

Ty

The most clear damage increase will come from your jewels to begin with. Make sure you have optimized those because it will be the cheapest way.

Xoph’s blood according to PoB will give you a damage increase of 15-25%.

I personally bought the Helmet with the enchantment because it was 6ex compared to 12ex (back then) that you need for the Xoph’s blood. I am not sure about the comparison between damage output but Helmet > Xoph’s sound more logical than the opposite if you are not ridiculously rich at this point.
Hi everyone i followed the build and i have enjoyed a lot thanks for all the information from everyone, i am level 97 i pretty much min/max the build, clears almost all content easy and clearspeed is fine. Farming elder atm i die from his slam sometimes and also shaper dies a lot and cant drop jewel cause i am low on dmg, didnt try uber elder yet cause i really thing i cant make the fight.

Anyone help me with some feedback how to be more efficient on elder and if i am ready for uber elder. all me res are the same for wise oak to be more effective i believe. dps in ho is 23k vd

ign : deathofincursion

also how is possible i dont get more dps with corr poet's {incr fire dmg/ attack speed} 15% spell dmg beats it. i am saying cause i read from someone in thread that he gets more dps with corr

i would appreciate some help cause its the only build i made and gave all my currency on it. a good shoutout to the maker of the build i enjoy it a lot and to people who help out others in thread.

life 9.5k
res 75/75/75
end charges 8
life regen 1160
soul of solaris/tukohama
Last edited by philipma on Jul 11, 2018, 4:38:53 PM
"
philipma wrote:
Hi everyone i followed the build...

just doing a quick pass of your character in pob and looking at your gear/jewels, you have an insane amount of damage, nice character and gear dude! unless i'm missing something, you have almost double my damage on shaper/guardian boss type monsters when i tick frenzy/end charges/ignite/covered in ash and i felt comfortable doing uber elder, and you also have like 1000 hp over me.

i've noticed you have quality everywhere, including on every gem that increases attack speed. pob says frenzy is 4.20 attack speed and i feel like that's way too high considering you don't have increased cooldown recovery rate on your belt. n3wtonapple clarified the attack speed bit a little more, take a look.

"
n3wtonapple wrote:
Now, let's say for example your tooltip AS is 3.7. That means that you attack with the Frenzy skill every: 1/3.7= ~0.270s or 270ms.

According to the OPs very nice description, the Poets have an internal cooldown of 0.250s or 250ms. Again, as he also mentions due to latency or whatever real reason your Frenzy AS should not be less than 0.270s or 270ms.

if i understand this correctly, your frenzy would be 1/4.2 which is .238ms which is a lot faster then .270ms. i'm pretty sure you're skipping vd casts with your attack speed; go to any map and get your frenzy charges up and just hold down frenzy. do you see your frenzy attack going off but your vd/unearth casts not working every time? if so you're skipping vd/unearth casts because your attack speed is way too high so you need to get gems

increased cooldown recovery rate will let you have a higher attack speed, but as far as i can tell i can't see any pieces of your gear that has it. if i missed a piece that has it, let me know so i can correct this part if needed.

as for the corrupted poet's pens part, i'm not really sure, but if you really wanted even more damage you can grab a pen with elemental penetration like the ones i have. pretty sure it'd be an upgrade over a default pen... but like i said originally, your damage is absolutely nuts compared to mine, so i think your lack of damage is coming from the way too high attack speed skipping unearth/vd casts. also purity of ice is pretty helpful for uber elder since it increases your max cold res, but you'd have to rework your resists which would be a pain i'm sure. and yeah, slams are going to always hurt; they were pretty much all of my deaths on uber elder so it's better off to just dodge them

edit: oh it's vaal rf making it absolutely nuts, but even with it off you have 45k compared to my 34k. your damage is still really good man, 42k vd even with kaoms roots for when you drop your bubonic trails!

edit2: also not sure why you're using lmp, you could use gmp or even culling strike (better for bosses). dropping lmp and adding a gmp or culling strike with 0 quality gives you 3.91, still too high i believe, and if you drop frenzy or faster attacks support to 0 or 1 quality while the other gem is 20 quality you have 3.73 which is what i use, haven't tried going higher. 1/3.73 is .268 which is slightly lower than .270, but i haven't experienced any skipping yet. it could be due to ping or something else, so maybe 3.73 will give you skipping, but if you really want to milk it try to attack with 3.8 (quality 6 or 7 on faster attacks or frenzy, 20 on the other, 0 on lmp/culling strike/gmp)
Last edited by thegame42069 on Jul 11, 2018, 5:20:04 PM
Thank you veru much for your reply, i will check on the quality gems, i appreciate it a lot
you are right i dont have increased cooldown recovery as i would have to mess up my res if i get the belt that has cooldown, if that is so importand i will mess my res for cooldown. but make sure fire res is higher yes?

Last edited by philipma on Jul 11, 2018, 5:18:07 PM
"
philipma wrote:
Thank you veru much for your reply, i will check on the quality gems, i appreciate it a lot
you are right i dont have increased cooldown recovery as i would have to mess up my res if i get the belt that has cooldown, if that is so importand i will mess my res for cooldown. but make sure fire res is higher yes?

i put another edit at the end of my other post if you haven't seen it yet, check on it real quick. getting increased cooldown recovery speed on belt is only worth it if you want to go even higher attack speed for more vd/unearth casts without skipping which does indeed give you more damage, but as you said it's harder to cap your res and even them out if you want that. your damage is very nice but yes, if you want even more, you can get a belt with increased cooldown recovery speed. it'll let you go higher attack speed without skipping but i'm not sure if it'll let you go to 4.20 which is your current attack speed; it might still be too high just by a bit but i could be wrong.

yes, fire res should be highest for damage pen with wise oak, and if you can't get them all equal you can try to gun for what i did and had fire as my highest and cold and lightning were equal as the lowest (88 fire/87 cold/87 lightning for example)

i really think you will find your damage more than enough if you lower your attack speed and you won't need to replace your belt, but if you're after max damage then yes, grab a new belt. make sure you test your attack speed first to verify it is too high before you do anything (your casts should be skipping/not work every frenzy cast with your attack speed that high)
Last edited by thegame42069 on Jul 11, 2018, 5:36:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info