Poet's Way. T H I C C Poet's Pen Boss Killer

how exactly does unearth+bodyswap work? from description of PP it only triggers one active gem per attack.. but that would mean: unearth - VD - bodyswap - VD - unearth ..

i assume after the first VD mobs habe to be dead to start the bombing and porting around?
"
unleashed666 wrote:
how exactly does unearth+bodyswap work? from description of PP it only triggers one active gem per attack.. but that would mean: unearth - VD - bodyswap - VD - unearth ..

i assume after the first VD mobs habe to be dead to start the bombing and porting around?

Pretty much, that's why we don't use bodyswap vs bosses, since it's 1/2 the dps.

But for clearing maps etc where lots of corpses are around it works fine.
The Rich Get Richer, the Po Stay Po.
"
SugoiNL wrote:
"
dvs_m0rph wrote:
"
SugoiNL wrote:
I killed uber elder on my first try ever with this build, last week. Did it with kaom's roots boots with +1 endurance charge corruption. (cheap)

Normally I just use 1 abyssal bubonic trail with +1 endurance charge corruption. (also cheap) Works wonders.

Oh, forgot Doryani's Invitation exists :D Very nice option for some damage and leech - good catch. God damn it's good.

Yeah, fire doryani's is a good budget option. Without an elder amulet or watcher's eye, it gives only a little bit of leech ofcourse. But still better than nothing, when still grinding to get the gear.
I used doryani's + rare fire leech amulet for a long time, and it worked fine. Now I keep doryani's for the damage boost.

Some other tips;

Drop frenzy charges
Personally, I found that frenzy charges mess with attack speed too much. I found it easier and more consistent to just grab regular attack speed from gear and tree. (For example, art of gladiator passive. walk there via life cluster)
I replaced the frenzy charges with power charges, which gives much more consistent elemental overlead dmg. (and even opens the way for crit multi stacking)
My attack skill: power siphon + faster attacks + blood magic
-> power siphon gives culling strike, so add increased item rarity for some mf
-> add 20% gmp for 10% increased attack speed
-> keep 3link and add enduring cry if you need an extra socket for running a curse

Xoph's blood alternative
For (sort of) budget, replace xoph's blood with a fire impresence and run quality ele weakness aura. Much cheaper.

Easy extra dps
- run lv2 cwdt + ele weakness
- get soms gloves with "applies level x elemental weakness" corrupted mod

Atziri / Uberlab / Reflect content
- replace volatile dead with detonate dead. Now you can precisely choose which target to attack, without too much dps loss.

Hey mate.

Few points for you:
-Frenzies do not really mess up anything. they come up in a single click and they remain pretty much all the time. Not worth the investment on the tree imho.
-The Elemental Overload procs all the time with no investement on power charges. tested it myself. I have almost 100% uptime if not all the time. The crit multi road is another build for me and it takes more than a few charges to invest on multi..
-Instead of Xoph's, you can also buy an Elder amulet with fire damage leech which is even cheaper.
-Flammability is stonger than Ele Weakness for the Cast when damage Taken. Check PoB.

See ya

"
unleashed666 wrote:

i assume after the first VD mobs have to be dead to start the bombing and porting around?

I was not using Bodyswap for mapping (do not ask me why plz..) but instead I had combustion on all the time for the damage and to avoid the irritating gem swaps etc.

After Lv94 (!) I decided to test it and run some maps. What I saw immediately is that the mapping was at least 2x faster and another point. When I was mapping with combustion, I noticed that the fastest way to clear was to spawn some VD and then run (flask or movement skill) quickly so that the VD will follow me and burn anything around. If you consider the fact that they accelerate the closest they get to explode, it was like a river of VDs following me everywhere.

When I used the Bodyswap however, I did not have to run etc because due to the quick "teleport" the VDs were trying to reach my new location so the whole process accelerated significantly.

Thus, I suggest use Bodyswap like, all the time. Especially, if you have enough damage to kill bosses without combustion. Be careful though because it is hilarious when you try to target the boss with bodyswap. I am sure now that it is worth to do this damn gem swap :P

Cheers.
Last edited by n3wtonapple on Jul 18, 2018, 9:11:44 AM
"
dvs_m0rph wrote:
Looked into a budget setup - seems solid. What you guys think?

For a VERY budget build it ain't bad. But the whole idea behind this build and the videos the OP presented require a LOT of investment. I am at 40ex+ and I can throw another 30-50ex on top!
Last edited by n3wtonapple on Jul 18, 2018, 9:23:00 AM
"
n3wtonapple wrote:

Hey mate.

Few points for you:
-Frenzies do not really mess up anything. they come up in a single click and they remain pretty much all the time. Not worth the investment on the tree imho.
-The Elemental Overload procs all the time with no investement on power charges. tested it myself. I have almost 100% uptime if not all the time. The crit multi road is another build for me and it takes more than a few charges to invest on multi..
-Instead of Xoph's, you can also buy an Elder amulet with fire damage leech which is even cheaper.
-Flammability is stonger than Ele Weakness for the Cast when damage Taken. Check PoB.

See ya

Cheers.

I had a different experience with the frenzies. They were not up a big part of the time, same with ele overload. So I switched to this and am happy since. I guess both ways are viable.

Of course elder amulet is a good alternative for xoph, but that's mainly if you need leech, impresence + curse aura gives more dps.

Yeah, you're right. Flammability is better, I got confused because of the quality on ele weakness.
IGN: SugoiNL
I hope someone gives a reply

im new in game i followed the guide manage to buy all the gears listed
but im having a hard time obtaining the Jewels is there any other ways
to obtain them aside form waiting on poe trade for hours?
also how much do they usually cost?
Last edited by micky21768 on Jul 19, 2018, 4:27:31 AM
"
micky21768 wrote:

Grand Spectrum Viridian Jewel x3 might be something you want to consider (if you can fix your resists). I was buying 3 stats jewels (life+fire damage+x) for 50c-1ex when i was playing this build, idk about now.
"
micky21768 wrote:

Hey bro.

Just a question before I undersand exaclty how can I help you. Do you know how to setup filter groups on PoE Trade and if you do, are you aware of this function?

"Click here to perform this search in Live mode and be instantly notified when new items matching your criteria are posted."

If you need more help on these two points, please tell me and I will elaborate. If you are good on these we can discuss on the actual items etc.

Cheers!
"
n3wtonapple wrote:
"
micky21768 wrote:

Hey bro.

Just a question before I undersand exaclty how can I help you. Do you know how to setup filter groups on PoE Trade and if you do, are you aware of this function?

"Click here to perform this search in Live mode and be instantly notified when new items matching your criteria are posted."

If you need more help on these two points, please tell me and I will elaborate. If you are good on these we can discuss on the actual items etc.

Cheers!

hey buddy yes i believe i know how to setup a filter and do live search.
im mainly having problem finding the gems with the same rolls just like the ones on this guide.
i tried to whisper you in game but you were afk it be nice if you can help me sort things out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info