Poet's Way. T H I C C Poet's Pen Boss Killer

"
micky21768 wrote:

hey buddy yes i believe i know how to setup a filter and do live search.
im mainly having problem finding the gems with the same rolls just like the ones on this guide.
i tried to whisper you in game but you were afk it be nice if you can help me sort things out.

The jewels used in this build are very popular at the moment. They will cost 1ex+, and that's only when they're available.

If you have currency, you can always try to make some yourself. Perhaps get lucky :)

1) check which mods you're looking for and which jewel you need http://poeaffix.net/jw-viridian.html
Most important thing to know: blue (magic) items can hold 1 prefix and 1 affix. Never 2 prefixes or 2 affixes. Only rare can hold more of the same type (happens when you regal)
2) reroll the jewel with alteration / augment orbs untill you have the best state (ie. life + all resist)
3) throw on a regal
4) super good jewel? (ie. life + all res + fire dmg) might consider slamming an ex on it

Got a good regal mod? Either use it yourself, or sell it and craft another.
IGN: SugoiNL
"
SugoiNL wrote:
"
n3wtonapple wrote:

Hey mate.

Few points for you:
-Frenzies do not really mess up anything. they come up in a single click and they remain pretty much all the time. Not worth the investment on the tree imho.
-The Elemental Overload procs all the time with no investement on power charges. tested it myself. I have almost 100% uptime if not all the time. The crit multi road is another build for me and it takes more than a few charges to invest on multi..
-Instead of Xoph's, you can also buy an Elder amulet with fire damage leech which is even cheaper.
-Flammability is stonger than Ele Weakness for the Cast when damage Taken. Check PoB.

See ya

Cheers.

I had a different experience with the frenzies. They were not up a big part of the time, same with ele overload. So I switched to this and am happy since. I guess both ways are viable.

Of course elder amulet is a good alternative for xoph, but that's mainly if you need leech, impresence + curse aura gives more dps.

Yeah, you're right. Flammability is better, I got confused because of the quality on ele weakness.

i tested that build yesterday in std.. just 2 poets, devoto and the gems. how can your frenzy charges not be up? you attack 3,x times a second (with charges) and every succesfull hit generates/refreshes charges
"
micky21768 wrote:
"
n3wtonapple wrote:
"
micky21768 wrote:
I hope someone gives a reply

im new in game i followed the guide manage to buy all the gears listed
but im having a hard time obtaining the Jewels is there any other ways
to obtain them aside form waiting on poe trade for hours?
also how much do they usually cost?

Hey bro.

Just a question before I undersand exaclty how can I help you. Do you know how to setup filter groups on PoE Trade and if you do, are you aware of this function?

"Click here to perform this search in Live mode and be instantly notified when new items matching your criteria are posted."

If you need more help on these two points, please tell me and I will elaborate. If you are good on these we can discuss on the actual items etc.

Cheers!

hey buddy yes i believe i know how to setup a filter and do live search.
im mainly having problem finding the gems with the same rolls just like the ones on this guide.
i tried to whisper you in game but you were afk it be nice if you can help me sort things out.

That's cool :D Alright then, for jewels, since getting a double damage + 7% life + All res one is extremely difficult (only 5-7 in the market?) and expensive, I would suggest the following combinations for the filter:
-Single damage + %life + All res
-Single damage + %life + 1 res
-Single damage + %life + 2 res
-Double damage + % life (no res)

This is the combos I used myself and I managed to find jewels from 10c to 1 ex.

I hope this helps,

Cheers
"
unleashed666 wrote:
"
SugoiNL wrote:
"
n3wtonapple wrote:

Hey mate.

Few points for you:
-Frenzies do not really mess up anything. they come up in a single click and they remain pretty much all the time. Not worth the investment on the tree imho.
-The Elemental Overload procs all the time with no investement on power charges. tested it myself. I have almost 100% uptime if not all the time. The crit multi road is another build for me and it takes more than a few charges to invest on multi..
-Instead of Xoph's, you can also buy an Elder amulet with fire damage leech which is even cheaper.
-Flammability is stonger than Ele Weakness for the Cast when damage Taken. Check PoB.

See ya

Cheers.

I had a different experience with the frenzies. They were not up a big part of the time, same with ele overload. So I switched to this and am happy since. I guess both ways are viable.

Of course elder amulet is a good alternative for xoph, but that's mainly if you need leech, impresence + curse aura gives more dps.

Yeah, you're right. Flammability is better, I got confused because of the quality on ele weakness.

i tested that build yesterday in std.. just 2 poets, devoto and the gems. how can your frenzy charges not be up? you attack 3,x times a second (with charges) and every succesfull hit generates/refreshes charges

That's what I thought as well. I am still using the build and my frenzies are always up and also the EO (as long as as I hit something once). Maybe he was not fast enough between packs?!
"
unleashed666 wrote:

I retested this and you're right, there are no issues really.
I think I might have removed GMP in the past and therefore did not hit as often.
IGN: SugoiNL
"
SugoiNL wrote:
"
unleashed666 wrote:

I retested this and you're right, there are no issues really.
I think I might have removed GMP in the past and therefore did not hit as often.

no need for gmp to keep your charges. i just tested it ingame, porting through mobs with a single frenzy projectile, was np.
the Jewels are so hard to obtain
seems no one ever sells them.
great job on the build, i have finally changed my discharge build after 3 years :D

I have read all the 34 pages and i still not so sure about the thole aps/cooldown thing (im not so smart)

Im at 4.31 APS (with 3 frenzys) - Frenzy skill
1.59 cast speed at VD (with 3 frenzy) - VD Skill

VD has 0.21 cooldown time
frenzy has 0.26 attack time

am i losing dps?

Last edited by chetemax on Jul 22, 2018, 1:56:41 PM
"
chetemax wrote:

Im at 4.31 APS (with 3 frenzys) - Frenzy skill
frenzy has 0.26 attack time

Those two don't match. 4.31 APS is 0.23 attack time. If it is 0.23 - you are in a good spot. If it is 0.26 - you can get more AS.
i would appreciate your opinion

https://pastebin.com/uxd6pY3J

if i need more AS, whats my next sweet hotspot?

PD: 3 frenzy, 10 endurance (im using that)

Thanks in advanced
Last edited by chetemax on Jul 22, 2018, 3:51:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info