[3.11] Tesla Cyclone | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win |

The post before me makes me wanna vomit. XD

Daresso's works. Blood Rage was changed forever ago to play still proc full life bonuses even when you're not 100.000000% full hp.

Easy pz. Google search bb. Changed over 2 years ago.

- Some Idiot.
Last edited by Vashseden on Mar 30, 2020, 4:41:02 PM
"
drocksmash wrote:
Is hiltless the best 2h option other than starforge? I doubt I will ever afford a starforge lol.

2nd question: am I in sand or blood mode w/blood and sand?

I plan on fixing my tree up shortly and getting the jewels... I am currently able to do pretty well in t5 ish maps.

Can't afford the -mana chest so I am using praxius or thief's torment, at this point I feel like praxis is the better option as torment still causes mana issues if I spin to early on bosses.
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
patouskii wrote:
Btw someone mentioned earlier that your life really never is full if you have Blood Rage activated. It always shows slightly under full even when leeching. If it actually isn't full while Blood Rage is activated, it takes away huge amount of dps from Daresso's Salute. Any confirmation on this?

I ran a Cyc/Impale build a few Leagues ago that, IIRC, had this same gear/mechanic recommendation.

Basically, if you weren't dead and had enough overleech going, you were fine. If you were or didn't, you were not fine.

That meant that most deaths were "insta-gibs" and in any other situation you were figuratively "over hit point cap" because overleech should be taking care of most of the incidental damage you don't dodge or otherwise avoid. DPS was spikey, though, when in situations where you were wounded and not dead... But, it "shouldn't" last long with overleech.

This particular build is not built as a big Leech build, though. Caution is advisable.

It is worth noting that I have played several builds from several "noted" UberAwesomeBuildCreatorKnowledgeablePlayers that completely borked up their understanding of two things - Almost always an Amulet mod and almost always a Passive they don't understand the mechanics of.

So... yeah, it bothers me too. But, I haven't looked at it in depth because I'm not at that point yet and may not use a Dareso's. My verdict is a very confident "maybe."

PS: I'm basically just following "your" build version, anyway. Whatever you do, I'll probably do. No pressure or anything.. ;)

Yes the life leech from Blood Rage isn't that big but with our huge dps it works. If you die to bosses it's usually just bad tactics (except Sirus) but when you die mapping it's mostly just some very random explosion and suddenly you're dead with no abbility to do anything about it. Smart way to die is that you actually clear a vaal area and don't notice that caustic ground consumes your life and flasks are empty... that happened to me today and there goes ~2-3 hours worth of grinding in xp :)

About the amulet, I had few exalts lying around so I gave a decently rolled Onyx amulet and little crafting and rolling a try. I actually got ~150k more dps with the Onyx amulet than with Daresso's Salute... and this even if I have the "Are you always on full life?" ticked on PoB configuration. I see that OP don't use Daresso's in his min/max build either.

I found this amulet for 3exa and crafted the 42% damage while leeching + annointed with Tenacity so another ~3exa there (golden oil costs fortunes) and rolled the crit multiplier to highest possible in menagerie:

----
Havoc Medallion
Onyx Amulet
Item Level: 83
LevelReq: 64
Implicits: 2
{crafted}Allocates Tenacity
+16 to all Attributes
+29% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
11% increased Evasion Rating
+73 to maximum Life
+44% to Fire Resistance
+35% to Cold Resistance
{crafted}42% increased Damage while Leeching
----

Crit multiplier is very important in the build, only few percentages can give you huge dps buffs. I always try to look crit multiplier mods first and after that crit chance. With Diamond flask our crit chance is very high already.

Also got ~300 life with the rare amulet so at 7161 life now which is one of the main reasons for this investment. Daresso's Salute give only little life from +24 strength. 7,74 million dps with this config.

EDIT:

Thanks OP for confirming that Daresso's works as it should with Blood Rage. Still more dps + clearly more life with rare amulet so gonna stick with it for now. :)

It was easy google: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/688b78/psa_melee_damage_on_full_life_works_with_blood/
Last edited by patouskii on Mar 30, 2020, 5:54:22 PM
"
Vashseden wrote:

Daresso's works. Blood Rage was changed forever ago to play still proc full life bonuses even when you're not 100.000000% full hp.

- Some Idiot.

Thanks for the info...

But, you could have offered that information without being a jerk about it.
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
Vashseden wrote:

- Some Idiot.

Thanks for the info...

But, you could have offered that information without being a jerk about it.

I mean, you tell people on the forum to use caution over a mechanic you don't understand and then like oddly imply that I don't know what I'm talking about in my build.

I actually meant it like jokingly sorta. I had to show this message to a friend and he's under the impression I'm calling you "Some Idiot". I was jokingly calling myself that as a Sign Off. Apologizes if that failed to translate.

Signed Lovingly,
- Some Moron
"
Vashseden wrote:
I mean, you tell people on the forum to use caution over a mechanic you don't understand and then like oddly imply that I don't know what I'm talking about in my build.

The subject has come up several times from other posters with no one providing a clear explanation. The issue, until you posted, was in doubt.

I did nothing of the sort in the way of insinuating anything about you or what "you're talking about in" your build. I simply remarked that I had played builds by well-known, supposedly expert players that were broken because they, themselves, made mistakes. "The experts" in the PoE lexicon can make mistakes! Who'da thunk it? Therefore... maybe you could make a mistake?

The implication there was that people... can make mistakes. And, perhaps, one should proceed with caution until the matter is resolved.

"
I actually meant it like jokingly sorta. I had to show this message to a friend and he's under the impression I'm calling you "Some Idiot". I was jokingly calling myself that as a Sign Off. Apologizes if that failed to translate.

Signed Lovingly,
- Some Moron

When you insult someone directly it's not likely that "jokingly veiled self-deprecating remarks that follow and aren't clearly presented as such" are going to be taken well at face value.

PS: As far as what "I understand" if it's going to take a few Google searches for me to get clarification on something that is not directly apparent anywhere else except within arcane posts and patch notes that can only be unveiled using such a tool... WTF dude? Others have posted their ignorance as well. I suppose their unwilling ignorance and the seeking of knowledge makes you vomit, too?

Thanks for apologizing for not making your self-deprecating remark clear. I'm sorry you're still vomiting, though.

(Done man. No response necessary if you don't feel like it. I don't care for an apology. I, like some others, just wanted clarification on the mechanics your build is using and that has been done now.)
but it really was a single google search away, chill dudio.
Hey guys.

Instead of me spending 4 hours trying to read everything here. Is this build still viable for "Delirium" league?
Any changes that has to be taken into consideration?
"
Jimony wrote:
Hey guys.

Instead of me spending 4 hours trying to read everything here. Is this build still viable for "Delirium" league?
Any changes that has to be taken into consideration?

it is, cluster jewels are interesting but the -15 mana chestplate is expensive af read the last 6 pages my dude
Well the law of diminishing returns surely starts to chime in at lvl97. I changed my body armor + second ring combo to slightly better specs but this trick cost almost 20exa. Of course there's something coming back from the old gear but still. Was able to get +~200 life and +~250k dps now at bit under 8 million dps and 7350 life.

"
drocksmash wrote:

2nd question: am I in sand or blood mode w/blood and sand?

I plan on fixing my tree up shortly and getting the jewels... I am currently able to do pretty well in t5 ish maps.

Can't afford the -mana chest so I am using praxius or thief's torment, at this point I feel like praxis is the better option as torment still causes mana issues if I spin to early on bosses.

I use blood mode exclusively but ofc this is only matter of your own preference. More AoE with sand but less damage and vice versa with blood.
Last edited by patouskii on Mar 31, 2020, 5:57:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info