How we Made PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE

No.. have it as a side project.. run every now and then for shits and giggles.. but please don't put dev time into this at the cost of the PvE experience. PvE is why we play this after all.
Fun stuff, I'd say do it for one weekend a month.
i played it 2-4h so yeah it was a sucess ( IMO ) and i had alot of fun with it also alot of frustation too :D

well maybe one day / one weekend with a small event like that ( endless ledge / small race or royale or soemthing similar which is already in the game )
30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

Fix the actual gameplay instead of focusing bullshit.
I would like to see it at the end of league(s). Like turmoil or mayhem. Just few days.
didnt have much time to try it out but it was super awesome!
Runslingan! The Power Of ~^S.W.E.D.E.N^~
Why not add it from time to time as a side event like how you have races for prizes you could have this for prizes from time to time.
The best way would be to enable it for a few days inbetween leagues, as a lot of people already mentioned. I thought it was very fun as a joke, and even funnier that you actually did it, but if you make it into a permanent thing it will get old quick.
"
As a community, how do you feel we should proceed? Is it worth the resources to take this one-day prototype and polish it into a standalone supported game mode with ongoing improvements? We'd love to hear your thoughts.

First I want to thank you guys for making the awesome april fools "joke", and actually asking the community's feedback while taking it into consideration.

I feel PVP in this game can be great - it just has huge balancing issues. I would love to see more emphasis on making it more enjoyable for the average player - and I think a Royale mode is just what people can all latch onto. Just as Chaos Damage has it's own team of developers, I think PVP should have it's own specialized team that would take everything into consideration such as new leagues/events to get people hyped for PVP, to the balance of skills and damage outputs.

As far as PoE Royale is concerned, I feel there were a few problems that can easily be fixed in order for this to be an enjoyable standalone mode :

* Starting areas were too close (instant aggro, and competition for items and skills)
* Usable skill gems were sometimes too rare (balance issues, and drop rate issues)
* Support gems were too common in the first supply crates (screen was flooded with poison and bleed supports with nothing to link them to)
* Certain skills were obviously better than others in comparison (frost blades vs heavy strike)
* Some mobs were completely overtuned.

This is all I can think of at the moment.
I really hope we as a community can allow the devs to focus on PVP (as they have in the past), and all efforts turn out to be worthwhile).
I didn't get to play it. But i heard some good things on it. I personally would like to see it added in some form. As a regular thing? I'm not sure there.

I don't want PoE to lose the core integrity of the game and people expect it to just be an ARPG with Battle Royale.

I would rather see improvements to Bestiary, and a really badass upcoming league than a well implemented Battle Royale.

Hopefully we can find a space where maybe a week out of each month we run a BR, or at the end of a league, something to keep players hanging around during the downtime of a league.

Hard to say here, but either way I appreciate the question being asked to the community, that shows commitment and love for your player base, and that alone I appreciate deeply.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info