Skill Revamps - Part 2

The trap which became possible to throw endlessly by removing cooldown is no longer different from the projectile. Because the trap is thrown usually to enemies directly, to trigger is equal to hit.

GGG, you should think the worth to the trap trigger action that is different from projectile. For example, if the trap is thrown to a place where there is no enemy nearby, its damage will increase, etc...

With this plan as it is, the trap build might become powerful, but it loses individuality surely.
"
raisin2u wrote:
Waiting to use these already.

Sadly, folks want to go fast and blow up three screens. There will be no pleasing those guys.

That was random. Do you always try to work in an insult towards a portion of the player base when you post regardless of relevance?
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Now fix Mines by REVERTING the horrible change that made them no longer drop UNDER your character.. -_-

Or at least finish the "Always holding Shift" option.

If only, I can just see Rory going "nope, I did nothing wrong, just buff the mine damage again instead"
"Who cares if its clunky and prone to mistakes that will get you killed in HC. IT HAS HIGH DAMAGE"
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Apr 3, 2018, 12:10:15 PM
Saboteurs will be epic? :D

I think Traps should increase damage for each second it's not triggered.

Throw a Trap on an enemy and it triggers = 100 %

Throw a Trap and it's lingering for 1 second = 200 %

Throw a Trap and it's lingering for 2 seconds = 300 % damage etc

With no Cooldowns on them, they will become more like Grenades than Traps.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Last edited by Kwonryu on Apr 3, 2018, 12:19:24 PM
I hate traps :)
they have never been fun to me
GUILD ZA BALKANSKE IGRAČE : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1227661
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

"Discord"Voice ( dođite na mikrofon - Link za automatski invite ) : https://discord.gg/Q54KWUH
"
raisin2u wrote:

Sadly, folks want to go fast and blow up three screens. There will be no pleasing those guys.

Three screens is not enough. Get with the meta, man.
what they need to do is rework ele prolif
it was so much fun running fire trap with ele prolif back in the day
Last edited by moose562 on Apr 3, 2018, 1:27:06 PM
"
enoecarg wrote:
The trap which became possible to throw endlessly by removing cooldown is no longer different from the projectile. Because the trap is thrown usually to enemies directly, to trigger is equal to hit.

GGG, you should think the worth to the trap trigger action that is different from projectile. For example, if the trap is thrown to a place where there is no enemy nearby, its damage will increase, etc...

With this plan as it is, the trap build might become powerful, but it loses individuality surely.

Excectly what I thought when reading the fire trap section.

ATM the new fire trap reads like being just a fire-version of Arctic Breath creating burning ground and burn ailment instead.

I like the idea of making traps getting stronger over time when not triggered. GGG's approach on a spammable "filler"-trap sounds odd to me. Traps are cool because you put them with some planing ahead not because you can spam them like spells. Making traps like spells is definitely not a new playstyle...

The revamping the shadow trap clusters postponing the decision on elemental and physical enables build diversity and should help to improve the leveling experience with traps.

Edit: I have the impression that traps will be the new skill theme of the shadow. If this is the case and if the new fire trap will become a spell-surrogate then my worst nightmare on skill revampe would come true: Instead of introducing new playstiles all ascendancy classes are put on rails using a defined sub-set of skill. Please let me be wrong on this...
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
Last edited by Synopse on Apr 3, 2018, 1:39:50 PM
"
raisin2u wrote:

It's not about "want" it's how they designed the game...

If you aren't clearing maps in 2-3 min on average you're not going to get anywhere in the game. Vast majority of players per my understanding play in the temp leagues (3-4 month duration). Vast majority of players don't have 8+ hours per day to grind out in this game.

Based on those 2 factors (limited time before league ends and limited daily playtime)... You have to play a character that can clear content quickly.
IGN: SoulCinder
These changes feel like GGG gave up on the whole trap thing and just makes them spells. :/
I think they should still have their place, they should reward placement and cooldown managment with higher than "fire and forget" DPS at the cost of convenience. Ideally they should also have a place as supporting roles for some builds without needing to be a saboteur and deeply speccing into them and the early traps shouldn't be the "be all end all" of early leveling skills. Fire Traps were already making it too easy to throw and forget while running past monsters.
... is not a troll

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info