[3.7] Face-Cannon Frost blades Assassin. Face Tank everything! (Shaper, Uber elder video added)

"
wesside_ wrote:

I noticed you had elemental focus support gem - I purposely took that out at some point during the build so I can utilize freezing enemies - it does help having the ailments available. I also took the point-blank skill - maybe it's the nuance there that could change course a bit for you. Maybe switch it up slightly and see what happens.

I made changes after posting, reducing DPS and swapping some gems around. Replaced Ele Focus with Crit Support. It does things better now.

@nal_tony with all due respect, when looking at the build you need to have a hollistic view of it. I had tried your recommendations and found it difficult to balance resists, added life AND attribute requirements. A build which does NOT allow for leeway in terms of gear is not a good build, because it's too restrictive.

A proper build can be based on one, two, maybe three very specific items, leaving the player to balance out the rest as they see fit. Your build is the type of build which says "change a couple items and you're toast".

As stated above, I have used other builds in the past, from this very forum, and they allowed for changes to all except 2, maybe three required items. e.g. the Baron SRS build required The Baron and a certainly crafted staff with a certain enchantment. Everything else was optional. There were recommendations, sure, but they were not nearly that strict.
"
war4peace wrote:

@nal_tony with all due respect, when looking at the build you need to have a hollistic view of it. I had tried your recommendations and found it difficult to balance resists, added life AND attribute requirements. A build which does NOT allow for leeway in terms of gear is not a good build, because it's too restrictive.

A proper build can be based on one, two, maybe three very specific items, leaving the player to balance out the rest as they see fit. Your build is the type of build which says "change a couple items and you're toast".

As stated above, I have used other builds in the past, from this very forum, and they allowed for changes to all except 2, maybe three required items. e.g. the Baron SRS build required The Baron and a certainly crafted staff with a certain enchantment. Everything else was optional. There were recommendations, sure, but they were not nearly that strict.

I get your point, but why you say it is difficult to balance resistance and attribute requirements, when your belt has 0 resistance and 0 attribute, your boot has only 2 T4 resistance and 0 attribute, your amulate has only 2 T4 resistance and 0 attribute, your rings + belt + amulet + boots + glove barely gives you 50 total life. Srsly? How hard did you even try?

As I said, I agree with the changes you made, this build becomes trash, but then again it is not my build anymore. If I follow your idea, a proper build is based on one or two specific items, then yeah, you have one unique belt and one unique amulet that are specific enough to call it your own build.
Last edited by nal_tony on Mar 28, 2019, 4:35:21 PM
I apologize, I was frustrated by the lack of progress. I have changed some things, dropped my DPS by a fairly large percentage and now the build is a bit more viable.
This league didnt want to play "meta" builds and tried your build... So far it's awesome, currently lvl 89, didnt spent more than 2ex, i bought the rare claw for 90c. The hardest thing its to balance res and life and in my case the stats (int/strenght) but finally here, still need that BIG watcher's eye for boost dmg and max rolls on rare items but man its smooth AF, might push to lvl 100 this league. Hope you keep updating this build!

Spoiler
Really nice Guide and Build. I started to play this Build yesterday.

I have a Question not specific for this Guide but maybe someone can answer it. From previous Leagues i played a lot of Frostblade Ranger with 2x Tough of Anguish. I like that Claw and it seems its the perfect Weapon for Frostblade. What happens when i Equip

1 Bloodseeker + 1 Tough of Anguish (30% Cold, Chain, a lot of Phys Dmg)?
If all the Stats would work together, that would be great, but i think it doesnt work?

Mainhand Bloodseeker, offhand Anguish
Would result in
-Instantleech
- 30% Cold
- Chain
- Free Frenzy Charges
- more Phys Damage

or does, because of the Mechanic says, you attack with right Hand then left Hand and repeat, that the instant Leech only triggers at BS Attack and the Chain and stuff only when attacking with the other Hand?

Thx

EDIT: i think i could answer it my self when reading BS exactly ... its "...with this Weapon is instant..." -.-
Last edited by Ancestral83 on Mar 29, 2019, 7:04:16 AM
"
Ancestral83 wrote:
Really nice Guide and Build. I started to play this Build yesterday.

I have a Question not specific for this Guide but maybe someone can answer it. From previous Leagues i played a lot of Frostblade Ranger with 2x Tough of Anguish. I like that Claw and it seems its the perfect Weapon for Frostblade.

Hi Touch of Anguish is good, but eventually you still want to switch to a rare claw + bloodseeker for more DPS. (or 2 bloodseekers for survivability)
We can get frenzy charges from Blood rage easily, and elemental focus gem is not a very good synergy with ToA.
@nal_tony @war4peace

I changed up the glove game a bit - it's helped increase survivability by upping the leech amount by double when fighting. Vaal pact on the fly has been nice - anyone have any recommendations / comments about this switch?

Current Setup - working on better boots and rings.

Looking for gem recommendations or how to maximize what i'm using

Last edited by wesside_ on Mar 29, 2019, 5:46:51 PM
can this build be done Solo Self Found

any upgrades you specifically recommend?
IGN -Rialli
Last edited by tubsmccoy on Mar 29, 2019, 11:16:57 PM
"
tubsmccoy wrote:

any upgrades you specifically recommend?

I would suggest use Touch of Anguish instead of the rare claw. (or two bloodseekers)
The dmg of your rare claw is too low.

The major next upgrade will be the rings, try to get two steel rings or at least one. (not easy to cap resistance)

Get a new pair of glove, enchant and then corrupt.

If you get another bloodseeker, 28Q first and then corrupt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info