Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Dual spark totem templar

So I finally got back on to play my sporker and I got 1 shotted by an INSANE modded rare mob in the sewers merc. Took a screen shot of it I was so baffled. Take care of the flickr strikers with discharge!
have a couple of questions somewhat related to topic but about arc totem templar build: what skill should I take after finishing
Spoiler
Brutus
?

and does Iron Will apply effects if I use it on Arc with spell totem?
Dual Spork totem / minion build

Amidoinitrite?

Or would I be better off ignoring the lightning damage nodes in Witch start and saving points by continuing above that area? If I do that, I can grab a little more mana and crit chance.

Am I overlooking something really important (like resistances)? Placing too much emphasis on something (like mana)? Is Necromantic Aegis important but Eldritch Battery not? Maybe the rightmost Bloodthirst area isn't as important as the 10% cast speed right below it?

Thanks for any insight, guys. :)

Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Mar 23, 2013, 6:59:50 AM
I'm trying something similar right now and i think elemental cleave is the best way to level.

You put one point in amplify, 2 points to get catalyse and weapon elemental damage, get wrath and anger, both quest rewards, move towards inner force like any other build, and then you can pretty much just play as an ele cleaver, which from experience is just so much faster than freeze pulse and requires less links.

Even from random gear you find its easily over 500 dps by the end of normal, and its very easy to spec out 3 nodes when you finally transition to dual totems.
Last edited by Ebonyknife on Mar 23, 2013, 7:23:56 AM
"
Ebonyknife wrote:
I'm trying something similar right now and i think elemental cleave is the best way to level.

You put one point in amplify, 2 points to get catalyse and weapon elemental damage, get wrath and anger, both quest rewards, move towards inner force like any other build, and then you can pretty much just play as an ele cleaver, which from experience is just so much faster than freeze pulse and requires less links.

Even from random gear you find its easily over 500 dps by the end of normal, and its very easy to spec out 3 nodes when you finally transition to dual totems.

I've just been using bow skills to level, lol.

Running a similar build with minor changes. So far I'm level 70 with 80% to all resistances, but I'm also levelling purity and vitality for some maps.
Gear:
Spoiler

Gloves are garbage, in the process of upgrading atm. Same with the helm. Chose Doedre's Damning because double curses is just too powerful, but not worth the extra 8 points. The rest is pretty standard. Didn't go with lightning penetration because I can't handle the mana costs since the increase is 150% vs 115% from increased critical strikes.

Build:

Last edited by astrartea on Mar 23, 2013, 9:16:56 PM
"
31nh3rj1r wrote:
have a couple of questions somewhat related to topic but about arc totem templar build: what skill should I take after finishing
Spoiler
Brutus
?

and does Iron Will apply effects if I use it on Arc with spell totem?

I would take anger solely for the fact it's worth the most. Always take the gem that's worth the most and sell it to buy the other ones you need. Especially in this case because you don't need any of the gem rewards.

Iron will does not apply to spells.
Last edited by heiter1 on Mar 23, 2013, 11:51:04 PM
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
Dual Spork totem / minion build

Amidoinitrite?

Or would I be better off ignoring the lightning damage nodes in Witch start and saving points by continuing above that area? If I do that, I can grab a little more mana and crit chance.

Am I overlooking something really important (like resistances)? Placing too much emphasis on something (like mana)? Is Necromantic Aegis important but Eldritch Battery not? Maybe the rightmost Bloodthirst area isn't as important as the 10% cast speed right below it?

Thanks for any insight, guys. :)

Honestly I'm not much for summoning nodes as it takes away from your totem damage. However, if I were to pick one of your builds I would pick the first path you took as you don't need all that wasted intelligence and extra mana nodes is pretty pointless since you've already got a lot of int and mana is an easy mod to get on gear as opposed to damage.
"
guidoo wrote:
Running a similar build with minor changes. So far I'm level 70 with 80% to all resistances, but I'm also levelling purity and vitality for some maps.
Gear:
Spoiler

Gloves are garbage, in the process of upgrading atm. Same with the helm. Chose Doedre's Damning because double curses is just too powerful, but not worth the extra 8 points. The rest is pretty standard. Didn't go with lightning penetration because I can't handle the mana costs since the increase is 150% vs 115% from increased critical strikes.

Build:

Interesting, I have a few questions and tips as well for you. So question: How is the 150% mana cost on totems that significant? You're casting them fairly slowly if you're doing it right and shouldn't have too much trouble with that small amount of mana increase especially with the right mana pot.

As for a tip you wasted a TON of passive nodes getting the body and soul node for a mere 10 all resist. You don't need armor much as it's situational and you should have granite flasks to pop anyways if you get in a sticky physical situation. You're a caster not a tank. And you also spent a ton of nodes for not very much AR. That's 6 nodes for 10 AR and the shield tree next to it is 4 nodes for 30 all resist. If you're hurting for resist go the shield route. If you're not, don't get body and soul, and go for more life in the marauder tree or towards the middle.

Not bad thought and gratz on the level! Wish I had been so lucky to make it there on my Sporker.
"
heiter1 wrote:

Honestly I'm not much for summoning nodes as it takes away from your totem damage. However, if I were to pick one of your builds I would pick the first path you took as you don't need all that wasted intelligence and extra mana nodes is pretty pointless since you've already got a lot of int and mana is an easy mod to get on gear as opposed to damage.

Thanks, heiter1. I've heard this somewhere else as well, but the idea for this character, Noniam Diabolus Light, came from the fact that the necromancers in the game speak reversed lines fro the closed beta Tamplar trailer, and even joke about it within their lines, because they say "in my trailer," which wasn't actually in the trailer. It seemed sort of an Easter Egg.

So he has to be a summoner at least to some extent, because of the initial inception, whereas he has learned the dark magic, and though he rejected those ways philosophically, he was exiled from Oriath because the Order didn't want any of this knowledge getting out, and bla bla backstory. :)

But anyway ...

So, what would you think is the best way to make totem damage as high as possible? Aside from going way down into the middle of the tree for that other totem ring (I figure that's too far away), where would you suppose is the best direction I should head if I reduce the minion nodes? I was already considering getting rid of the additional skeletons/zombies ones because, well, skeletons suck unless they're on a totem, and zombies, I hear, are also not that great later in the game.

Also ...

Should I keep Eldritch Battery? Or is that not really worth it either with this sort of build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info