Dual spark totem templar

Saw people asking for Spark Totem builds in the threads so I thought I'd bump this.
Yes it was me :)

Thank you for your build :)

I'll just need 7 Respec so i don't need to make another character ! Thank you :)
Tried this build and so far i like it however i have one simple problem. My totems die!!

I have 75% res all with over 1K HP in A1 cruel and i am never in danger of dying however as i said when there are large packs in open areas my totems die before they can do anything. Trying a zombie + Minion life tomorrow.

Here are my links if it helps

Anyone have tips/comments?
Your gems are low levels besides the Spark. When they get higher you shouldn't have this problem. This was happening to me but I'm doing rather well now. My advice is just farm and level those gems, mine are currently all around 12-13.

Last edited by Oprayx on Mar 15, 2013, 8:13:31 PM
"
Oprayx wrote:
Your gems are low levels besides the Spark. When they get higher you shouldn't have this problem. This was happening to me but I'm doing rather well now. My advice is just farm and level those gems, mine are currently all around 12-13.

Thank you for the response.

I know my gems are low, I kind of dropped the ball on having them leveled prior. I'm sure fully leveled minion speed and hp will help meat shield for them. I also thought about replacing lightning pen with faster cast until I can get a 5L. Hopefully between your suggestions and my idea this will ease itself away.
I did the same thing, as soon as i got to level 31, I switched from FP to Totems and all my gems were level 1, so they did absolutely nothing. I put the Minion speed with others just because I found it and I could support it so... I thought why not. I would replace Faster Cast with Lightning Pen and start leveling faster cast asap. As soon as you get a 5L, throw the Lightning Pen in there.

Trust me, I had the same problems you have right now and the solution is to just level the crap out of your gems. Its starts to show results.
Last edited by Oprayx on Mar 16, 2013, 6:28:32 AM
Hi,

My dual spark templar is lvl 56, and I have some questions about this build.

1) What exactly does "weapon elemental damage" mean, and how does it differ from simple "elemental damage" ?

2) Is Spark still the best choice for dual totems ? I saw a lot of guys running around with the new Incinerate spell, but it seems kinda short-range. So is Spark still the best choice, or do you know any spell that works better with the dual totem build ?

3) Is there any way to increase the health of my totems ? They usually get one-shot by caster mobs, and i can't really do anything about it. I just keep spamming them until they clear the room, but sometimes it takes forever. They work fine for melee mobs, but once my totems get attacked form a distance, they die from two or three hits.

4) I'm quite a glass cannon right now, just about to start bulding up my defense. I was thinking about going all energy shield, and no extra health / armor, maybe even picking up the chaos immune 1 max health passive. What do you think is the best choice for survival ? Should I spend points on extra health, or wear items with not only energy shield, but also armor as well ?

My current build :

I am planning to pick up crit chance and cast speed on the right, and then all the neergy shield bonuses I can reach. Is this a good build, or have I gone wrong somewhere ?
Last edited by Zsiráf on Mar 16, 2013, 2:55:27 PM
Nice build.
Level 50 now and in cruel without any problem.
Only pain is mana.

Here is my gear btw (any advice on improvement would be very helpful).
Was able to get chest for around 3 exalt (1 shy gcp).

Spoiler

Last edited by commonjunks on Mar 19, 2013, 11:09:09 PM
How much does a 6 link chest usually cost ? I don't really care if it's a simple white item, I just want the sockets. Did you buy yours already yellow for 3 exalts, or was it a plain white item for that price ?
Last edited by Zsiráf on Mar 20, 2013, 4:55:58 PM
"
How much does a 6 link chest usually cost ? I don't really care if it's a simple white item, I just want the sockets. Did you buy yours already yellow for 3 exalts, or was it a plain white item for that price ?

I just got lucky.
I bought it as yellow just spend 20 chromatic to change colors.
I checked around and was told the price of this chest is around 6-9 exalts. So i just got lucky and thanks to seller.

Anyway i changed 1 ring and main hand (not much spend, main hand given by friend and ring for 1 alc) and it have solved a problem to cast 2 totem together but still will hunt to increase my mana.

Spoiler

Last edited by commonjunks on Mar 21, 2013, 12:30:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info