Dual spark totem templar

My friend is following this build and has 1.8k life at level 37 A1 start of Cruel.
Anybody else following this guide want to put what life they have around this level so I can gauge nodes vs gear?
I was asked exactly what I do until I hit 31 to make the switch so here it is.

I used a wand and ES shield the entire time as I stay spell caster right from the bat. You don't need to worry about mana too much as the 40% regen first node with clarity is enough.
I use
Freezing Pulse with faster projectiles attached to it and LMP when I get it
Raise zombie & specter with minion life
Clarity
all 3 bear traps

Freezing pulse is OP as hell for cheap early game leveling.

All of my armor and gear is life, dex, resists.

Around level 25 start looking for 3 links with RGB so you can switch to totem with spark and fork. get RGBB ASAP to put faster casting in it.
I'm confused. I got level 31 and did as said in the thread but my totem doesn't do anything and dies before it even can do any damage. Its DPS is 4?.
I'm a little confused, is this normal? I was expecting to be able to spawn it with some zombies, throw some bear traps and stay back, and all of it would clear mobs but this is not the case. This is my first time playing templar, and I wanted to try the idea where you could spawn a totem with some zombies and watch the mobs die. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if i sound like a Noob.
Yeah I'm sorry you should have been leveling the gems you need as well starting around level 24ish. Your spark is going to do 0 damage at first if it's level 1. You need to bring all your new gems up to speed.
fml....
How high level you have actually played this build? I am thinking about trying something different than I usually play and dual totem char would definetily be something like that. Additionally I ended up with high quality spark so it would be pretty ideal build for that reason aswell.

I've checked out several dual spork totem builds and yours differs alot from majority of them by including alot less crit related nodes. How is the damage in endgame for you?
IGN: Minnevaan / Smacktrick (either works)
Last edited by Smacktrick on Mar 9, 2013, 11:10:10 PM
"
How high level you have actually played this build? I am thinking about trying something different than I usually play and dual totem char would definetily be something like that. Additionally I ended up with high quality spark so it would be pretty ideal build for that reason aswell.

I've checked out several dual spork totem builds and yours differs alot from majority of them by including alot less crit related nodes. How is the damage in endgame for you?

Yeah I got to level 58 but I have finals for the next week so I won't be progressing much for a little bit. It's extremely survivable and does GREAT damage so far. Especially with conductivity. No problems at all but I'll keep you updated as I go.
If possible I'd love to see your build visually and see your items, skills etc and how you play the class. If you could make a video that would be amazing. I started leveling the gems and It's starting to make a difference but its not where I want it yet. Just curious if you know or not, at what level of your gems does this build start showing results if you noticed or not.
"
Oprayx wrote:
If possible I'd love to see your build visually and see your items, skills etc and how you play the class. If you could make a video that would be amazing. I started leveling the gems and It's starting to make a difference but its not where I want it yet. Just curious if you know or not, at what level of your gems does this build start showing results if you noticed or not.

I'll make a video of play ASAP, I'm done with finals next Tuesday the 22nd, so I'll aim for Wednesday the 23rd. Sorry, that's quite a ways out but hopefully you'll be leveled up by then as well.

So I was able to sprint through things as soon as I made my totem switch. But I had put my 9% spark, fork, zombies, minion life, and conductivity in my unused sockets to level them starting at around 20.

once your gems are the same level you are, you should be doing great damage. Especially with conductivity. You're game tactic should be instant double totem summon, then a conductivity cast, and then summons if your summons aren't up.

I'll demonstrate my play style in my video so you can see how I do it =)
"
heiter1 wrote:
"
Oprayx wrote:

I'll make a video of play ASAP, I'm done with finals next Tuesday the 22nd, so I'll aim for Wednesday the 23rd. Sorry, that's quite a ways out but hopefully you'll be leveled up by then as well.

So I was able to sprint through things as soon as I made my totem switch. But I had put my 9% spark, fork, zombies, minion life, and conductivity in my unused sockets to level them starting at around 20.

once your gems are the same level you are, you should be doing great damage. Especially with conductivity. You're game tactic should be instant double totem summon, then a conductivity cast, and then summons if your summons aren't up.

I'll demonstrate my play style in my video so you can see how I do it =)

Sounds great, cant wait for Video. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info