Dual spark totem templar

"
Silicone522 wrote:
Well you are doing better than me. Once I go to totems it is so strong that I just quicksilver to giant groups and mow em down. Got me killed at 57 and 48. so Third times the charm hopefully. I use minions tho at least zombies and spectras and skeles for bosses to keep em off my precious totems.

Well at a certain point in the game usually somewhen in merciless the rambo playstlyle has to stop and the kiting begins, thats just how it is^^
I've been using zombies with minion life and think I might throw that in my first post as well. It works really well to shield from Rhoas and such, great meat shields.
Hi guys, I still go spark totem, but but a little different way.

Can some check my way :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbFE0aOB0ULKc62EbXTdhZ81orXcZgbWZPZp6BSYFvgziLjIx2j0aQVZ2AnjyiAKPyp4SyOMAa3fPhc-w47SDwH_rS0NCboWe97m_PZVXGFm_316yYFLAA_RdQTC2CHohC8h3B820ZLR-NGeAS3Yw74eL3pyuLegj0eQPAVHNTa9sC40myB6XxdilPgpvVdcy38s6nCLiTDH0Qf8aeOjAsnMG05Ox2EX6voqN_xn5ZXfJ-M6SRE56MNnOz8GsV51BCLUcc3A==

I currently 36lvl.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbFE0aOB0ULKc62EbXTdhZ81orXcZgbWZPZp6BSYFvgziLjIx2j0aQVZ2AnjyiAKPyp4SyOMAa3fPhc-w47SDwH_rS

I'm struggling with low cast speed. I noticed that the bosses have better intelligence and not worth the totem and dull dregs to him, but run away which is also a problem.

The game seems slower than me with my melee templar. But he's a 62 lvl, so we'll see.
Last edited by jogin3 on Mar 4, 2013, 7:02:01 AM
I've never quite understood the appeal. My Templar main spell spark build (Ice spear on single totem) can run 5L or 6L without mana leech, dual curse, Raise Spectre, 2.5K life, 2.5K ES, etc. I just don't understand why I'd forego my main hand spark skill for a second totem? Can someone help me understand?

Maybe I should just post my build?

Petrov.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Mar 4, 2013, 7:25:59 AM
This build is extremely strong but I suggest not getting complacent with your minions tanking damage for you. It's easy to forget how much you rely on your totems and minions to tank.
Mind explaining what's up with iron grip?
Your lvl 40 and 60 build are the same thing ..
Also what do you look for on gear? Other than the obvious hp and resists?
"
guidoo wrote:
Also what do you look for on gear? Other than the obvious hp and resists?

Alright so as far as iron grip and the 40 & 60 being the same I have redone and edited my original post so everything should be correct now. Iron grip was an original idea I had but realized it did not work with spell projectiles.

As far as gear that's in the edit as well but here it is:

In your chest looking for 5l-6l, life, and resists
Helm - 4l, minion level, life, resists
Wand - 3l, spell damage, cast speed, ele dmg, lightning dmg, spell crit / global crit
shield - 3l same mods as wand but with life and resists included
boots - 4l, life, resists, move speed
gloves - 4l, life, resists, ele dmg if possible
belt - life, armor, ele damage, resists
rings & ammy - life, resists, ele dmg, cast speed
"
jogin3 wrote:
Hi guys, I still go spark totem, but but a little different way.

Can some check my way :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbFE0aOB0ULKc62EbXTdhZ81orXcZgbWZPZp6BSYFvgziLjIx2j0aQVZ2AnjyiAKPyp4SyOMAa3fPhc-w47SDwH_rS0NCboWe97m_PZVXGFm_316yYFLAA_RdQTC2CHohC8h3B820ZLR-NGeAS3Yw74eL3pyuLegj0eQPAVHNTa9sC40myB6XxdilPgpvVdcy38s6nCLiTDH0Qf8aeOjAsnMG05Ox2EX6voqN_xn5ZXfJ-M6SRE56MNnOz8GsV51BCLUcc3A==

I currently 36lvl.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbFE0aOB0ULKc62EbXTdhZ81orXcZgbWZPZp6BSYFvgziLjIx2j0aQVZ2AnjyiAKPyp4SyOMAa3fPhc-w47SDwH_rS

I'm struggling with low cast speed. I noticed that the bosses have better intelligence and not worth the totem and dull dregs to him, but run away which is also a problem.

The game seems slower than me with my melee templar. But he's a 62 lvl, so we'll see.

So your build is really similar and not bad at all. You need to put faster casting on your totem ASAP as it scales with totems insanely. It helps your casting of the totems a TON as well as increases the spark casting.

You also went and got the global crit which is a decent choice as it's on the way to shock however, I chose to take the spell crit over those nodes because the spel crit gives you 55% crit chance as well as 30% crit multiplier where as the global crit gives you 60% crit chance but only 10% multiplier. IMO the 20% multiplier out weighs the 5% chance. Up to you though.
Shock is where I would go next on your tree if you didn't already plan on it, the biggest pro to spark is how many times it hits each unit as it's low damage but a lot of it giving the 20% to shock a huge advantage because it has a 20% chance a lot of times. Stunning enemies and keeping them from attacking you or your totems is HUGE.

BOSSES: Important strategy for everybody

As for bosses I'm not quite sure what you were trying to say but I think you're talking about the AI being intelligent and running from the totems. You need to cast the totems on top of the boss on his back side and front side so they are consistently being shotgunned by the sparks. This should take aggro as the totems are doing the damage and not you. As long as you can keep one on each side he should be able to kill both at the same time. While he's working on your totems you should be constantly throwing bear traps on his face. If you can't seem to get this to work you should theoretically have enough life to face tank a few hits while you set up again. If I can't get the front and back strategy to work I like to pull the boss into a choke point where I block the choke with both totems separating me from the boss, he can't get to you so he sits at the totems destroying them to get through, just keep casting and he's perma stuck getting pwnt by your totems.

Hope that answered your question.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info