Dual spark totem templar

"
heiter1 wrote:

Interesting, I have a few questions and tips as well for you. So question: How is the 150% mana cost on totems that significant? You're casting them fairly slowly if you're doing it right and shouldn't have too much trouble with that small amount of mana increase especially with the right mana pot.

As for a tip you wasted a TON of passive nodes getting the body and soul node for a mere 10 all resist. You don't need armor much as it's situational and you should have granite flasks to pop anyways if you get in a sticky physical situation. You're a caster not a tank. And you also spent a ton of nodes for not very much AR. That's 6 nodes for 10 AR and the shield tree next to it is 4 nodes for 30 all resist. If you're hurting for resist go the shield route. If you're not, don't get body and soul, and go for more life in the marauder tree or towards the middle.

Not bad thought and gratz on the level! Wish I had been so lucky to make it there on my Sporker.

After mana reservations my mana pool is around 140, which is the cost of the totems. So I don't have enough mana to cast both totems simultaneously. It isn't too much of a problem in some cases, but in some maps with big packs I need to be able to spam totems. Also it seems that totems do way more damage with increased criticals than with lightning penetration.

As for body and soul I'm using mostly armour + ES gear (or that's what I'm aiming to do once I get new gloves and helm), in addition to discipline, so anything that gives me +% ES is welcome. By grabbing body and soul I get +60% armour, +60% ES and +10% all res. I will eventually go for the marauder starting nodes, and possibly to the middle, although I feel it is a bit of a waste, I don't feel like the totem nodes in the middle are necessary
Last edited by astrartea on Mar 24, 2013, 4:28:36 PM
"
guidoo wrote:
"
heiter1 wrote:
Spoiler

Interesting, I have a few questions and tips as well for you. So question: How is the 150% mana cost on totems that significant? You're casting them fairly slowly if you're doing it right and shouldn't have too much trouble with that small amount of mana increase especially with the right mana pot.

As for a tip you wasted a TON of passive nodes getting the body and soul node for a mere 10 all resist. You don't need armor much as it's situational and you should have granite flasks to pop anyways if you get in a sticky physical situation. You're a caster not a tank. And you also spent a ton of nodes for not very much AR. That's 6 nodes for 10 AR and the shield tree next to it is 4 nodes for 30 all resist. If you're hurting for resist go the shield route. If you're not, don't get body and soul, and go for more life in the marauder tree or towards the middle.

Not bad thought and gratz on the level! Wish I had been so lucky to make it there on my Sporker.
Spoiler

After mana reservations my mana pool is around 140, which is the cost of the totems. So I don't have enough mana to cast both totems simultaneously. It isn't too much of a problem in some cases, but in some maps with big packs I need to be able to spam totems. Also it seems that totems do way more damage with increased criticals than with lightning penetration.

As for body and soul I'm using mostly armour + ES gear (or that's what I'm aiming to do once I get new gloves and helm), in addition to discipline, so anything that gives me +% ES is welcome. By grabbing body and soul I get +60% armour, +60% ES and +10% all res. I will eventually go for the marauder starting nodes, and possibly to the middle, although I feel it is a bit of a waste, I don't feel like the totem nodes in the middle are necessary

I would agree. I actually changed that on my tree plan but forgot to update it on here. I took out the middle parts except for the life nodes at the start of heading toward the middle. Interesting that you went ar/es. I guess I went armor/eva because I'd rather just have it not hit me at all due to the fact there are no es cool down nodes in the build.
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
heiter1 wrote:
Spoiler

Honestly I'm not much for summoning nodes as it takes away from your totem damage. However, if I were to pick one of your builds I would pick the first path you took as you don't need all that wasted intelligence and extra mana nodes is pretty pointless since you've already got a lot of int and mana is an easy mod to get on gear as opposed to damage.

Thanks, heiter1. I've heard this somewhere else as well, but the idea for this character, Noniam Diabolus Light, came from the fact that the necromancers in the game speak reversed lines fro the closed beta Tamplar trailer, and even joke about it within their lines, because they say "in my trailer," which wasn't actually in the trailer. It seemed sort of an Easter Egg.

So he has to be a summoner at least to some extent, because of the initial inception, whereas he has learned the dark magic, and though he rejected those ways philosophically, he was exiled from Oriath because the Order didn't want any of this knowledge getting out, and bla bla backstory. :)

But anyway ...

So, what would you think is the best way to make totem damage as high as possible? Aside from going way down into the middle of the tree for that other totem ring (I figure that's too far away), where would you suppose is the best direction I should head if I reduce the minion nodes? I was already considering getting rid of the additional skeletons/zombies ones because, well, skeletons suck unless they're on a totem, and zombies, I hear, are also not that great later in the game.

Also ...

Should I keep Eldritch Battery? Or is that not really worth it either with this sort of build?

If you're low on mana and already next to EB, grab it, it's 1 node and if it increases you're effectiveness by a ton use it while you need it. But I would suggest finding a way to not us it if at all possible.
As for damage you're in the right area already around your lightning nodes. Get spell dmg, casting speed, and crit nodes wherever you can.
"
heiter1 wrote:
If you're low on mana and already next to EB, grab it, it's 1 node and if it increases you're effectiveness by a ton use it while you need it. But I would suggest finding a way to not us it if at all possible.
As for damage you're in the right area already around your lightning nodes. Get spell dmg, casting speed, and crit nodes wherever you can.

Thanks. I was considering going a little more in that direction, and as for minion passives, ging more for life and less for damage. I just need them to last a while, not deliver a lot of damage (that's what Spark is for).

What abut defense? I feel that this build is less defense-oriented anyway, but I don't want to be completely glass in case I do have to take some hits. Maybe my best defense is the totems themselves, in which case mana regen/leech will become important.

Thanks for your advice on Eldritch Battery as well. I'll try to go without it, and see if I need the mana more than energy shield. :)

Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fNgbZ2AgzgUTaIA8B8EswJxgW-ePE3YjHY62Ow4KU-Cmxo4p4SQVcAaWfNaKyyno_LkIhpsna6nCNrdj0bQ0M9lVcaboWe97m_316yYFLAA_RdQTC2CHtsLiELyHcHz8Xaio3_GflknqVptJDynXElRGYUkqjbp42oWb4FJsjhmT45k96a2-qyqJ-3z3Rku1I-53fIv7w7nUlRJXz_2SIzPUFBYY8bYPfx8uCku73wRlp2j_Ksc3OOf1Bm8n_3P

My Build im Heading to. I want more Defense because my FP Templar is a bit Squishy at the moment. Im Currently lvl 61 and im on my way to the Marauder Part. So far im doing good, but i dont did maps at all so i dont know what is there going on. Only the Damage is that one thing that i dont know if its work.

greetings
NurbelST Level 97 Low Life Animate Weapon (Standart)
DerNurbler Level 96 Low Life Animate Weapon (Talisman/Standart)
Animate_Weapon_for_Life (Essence)

Are there any specific problems with getting EB over CI late game? I'm currently level 71 and running an EB build and I'm loving the auras. I also like having the ability to pop some seething flasks in bad situations. I'm on HC btw.
IGN: OmniTheNecro
Last edited by TheOmnipotent on Mar 25, 2013, 8:38:26 PM
"
VideoGeemer wrote:

Thanks. I was considering going a little more in that direction, and as for minion passives, ging more for life and less for damage. I just need them to last a while, not deliver a lot of damage (that's what Spark is for).

What abut defense? I feel that this build is less defense-oriented anyway, but I don't want to be completely glass in case I do have to take some hits. Maybe my best defense is the totems themselves, in which case mana regen/leech will become important.

Thanks for your advice on Eldritch Battery as well. I'll try to go without it, and see if I need the mana more than energy shield. :)

You've got the right mindset =D. Minions are meat shields for you glass cannon self. However minion life nodes aren't even really needed that much anyways. Zombie with minion life attached is OP as fuck. MY zombies had like 8k life around 67.

As far as defense you're armor / eva is going to be decently low. There are two routes you can take.

Armor is priority on gear as you already have 82 AR. After that it's either eva or es. You can go es as to be able to tank that one shot burst damage or you can go eva to try and evade attacks all together. If you don't know how eva works -- Let's say you have 25% chance to evade. If you're attacked 3 times and hit each time, the eva stacks for every failed miss making the 4th hit 100% chance to evade -- I went for evasion and got one shotted around lvl 59. Doesn't mean it doesn't work I just hit the nastiest mob alive and got discharged on.
Your armor will still be low though so my advice is to have granite flasks of iron skin. My current shadow has only 20% phys reduction but I run two granites and alternate them giving me almost permanent 75% phys reduction in fights as I crit a ton. I don't think that totem crits count as crits for you though so extra charges may be a better role on your pots that charge on crit. If you want to ask around, find out, and let me know about that I would appreciate it as well!
"
TheOmnipotent wrote:
Are there any specific problems with getting EB over CI late game? I'm currently level 71 and running an EB build and I'm loving the auras. I also like having the ability to pop some seething flasks in bad situations. I'm on HC btw.

I forgot to mention in the title this is a HC build, forsure don't play noobcore =D.
I wouldn't get CI if I were you on a totemer. I know kripps witch sporker gets CI but life is easy to get as a templar and your totems can't take chaos damage anyways so you might as well just get some chaos resist gear and go as much life as possible.
Would it be advantageous to consider using Life Leech as a support so that the totem could regenerate? Or would it not make much of a difference to its longevity?

Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
I am in merciless act 3.
Despite shiti gear i am doing pretty well, btw i am level 66.

It is great guide put together hoping to see more guides like this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info