[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

One thing I'm noticing is that the second jewel slot (the one towards elemental equilibrium) doesn't seem to have enough intelligence for the second First Snow gem to really do anything. Is it being used mostly just for the 8% damage boost? That seems like a bit of a waste.

Edit: Holy shit, I'm an idiot.
Last edited by FraterFive on Sep 5, 2018, 7:50:18 PM
Can somebody explain to me ,1) why we use controll destruction if its build based on critical hits?Why we reduce critical chance istead of increase it or increase crit. multi? 2)Will we get some bonus from shaper stat "give extra phys. damage like cold". I played glacial cascade with mines in prev. league,but glacial cascade have another mech.
Quote from page 2:

"
VisorX wrote:
I am also testing to use Controlled Destruction instead of Increased Critical Strikes right now.
It considerably lowers our Crit-Chance (from 91% to 66% effective Crit-Chance for me), but we gain ~15% more DPS. Since we are often not one-shotting with crits, it could be worthwile.
"
Creepymutu wrote:
"
Thuking wrote:
Hi can someone show me what end game gear looks like for this build

This is my gear currently need to know what I can do to have more survivability, although I am not struggling everything dies really fast but I want to be able to afk longer without paying much attention to the screen.

Also I am using frostbite instead of projectile weakness, is projectile weakness really better and why by how much?

I also haven't taken MoM yet as I am using haste and herald of ice buff I don't know if it matters but would taking these buffs out and using a clear mind jewel be better?

I also have 10 unused passive points lol.

edit: I also want to use shield charge but don't know how to replace my wand

Im not the build author but i think i can help with few pieces.

MoM is a must. It will make you alot more tankier than you are with the 10% from the ascendency ontop of MoM. If you want to go nuts theres new mods for body armors trough Lucent Fossil which will enable you to 50/50 Life/Mana.

Flame Dash and Phase Run seems viable now since both were buffed. But if you want shield charge , go for a scepter as mentioned above in the gear section.

Heres example gear im running. Wouldnt say its high end but im having trouble buying better of the market. Thus down to crafting myself.

PS:Using devotos for the speed.

Spoiler

Thanks for reply, your gear looks nice specifically the body armour, shield and gloves how did you get them did you craft?

and my question about projectile weakness vs frostbite hasn't been answered yet lol also why are you not using frost bomb?

I took MoM and can really feel the difference I seem to be a lot more tanky now.
with this (and probably every other totem build) i have trouble with some forsaken master quests, maybe you guys have some tips:

* Voricis "keep target/one guard alive/low life" isn't possible (without any help i guesss)
* Vorici's "open chest" is tricky, placing a decoy totem works sometimes
* Elreons "kill monster inside circle" is also tricky due to totem range

Also how much difference is between a clear mind jewel with 40% and 60% ?
It says "increased" so afaik it's "just" additive. still need to buy one, but not sure for how much percentage i should start looking.
Last edited by Hurric4n on Sep 6, 2018, 3:21:15 AM
"
Thuking wrote:

Thanks for reply, your gear looks nice specifically the body armour, shield and gloves how did you get them did you craft?

and my question about projectile weakness vs frostbite hasn't been answered yet lol also why are you not using frost bomb?

I took MoM and can really feel the difference I seem to be a lot more tanky now.

Cant comment on curses.

Also frostbomb extra button, i like my skills simple . But i think i have to add it either way now since the delve boss fight , totems do not target the adds. Maybe frost bomb will help with that but it probs wont be the arcane surge link.

Last edited by Creepymutu on Sep 6, 2018, 5:19:31 AM
"
Thuking wrote:

and my question about projectile weakness vs frostbite hasn't been answered
Cant comment on curses.

Also frostbomb extra button, i like my skills simple . But i think i have to add it either way now since the delve boss fight , totems do not target the adds. Maybe frost bomb will help with that but it probs wont be the arcane surge link.

as far as I can tell the projectile weakness is for the knockback effect to have a bit extra defense.

I personally have been using frostbite for a whole season , whether im making the best choice im not sure , i think theres a few deaths at high lvl that i could have avoided had i been using proj weakness
IGN- Shaeyaena
Last edited by Vanadium81 on Sep 7, 2018, 4:39:47 PM
and as far as controlled destruction I think the math has been done many times by people better at math than me and its a net gain of dps.
IGN- Shaeyaena
Haven't been able to read all the comments, but my passives tree is missing the elementalist ring and light of divinity past it. Is there a re-worked passive layout for this build?
Please ignore the dufus above. He was too tired from playing late at night.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info