[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

Hi there cheers for the 3.3 update saves me a job this is the league starter I have chosen BUT I am going to be running Arc has its Single target damage (bosses) could be better than FP
I was getting some weird gem/skill results in PoB when I pasted the link from the guide post - including 2 swapped out weapons with 3 x freezing pulse each. Was this intended?

I have cleaned it up a bit as per link below - can anyone tell me if there are any issues with the gear or tree please?

https://pastebin.com/11wzdGE6
So, just starting this build. The second character in the game. My questions are this.

Am level 11, but have not found spell totem yet, any ideas?

And in reading your guide, I notice numerous times where you say gems must be kept low to work effectively, how do you limit gem level if they are equipped?

Thank you for your time and attention.
"
CKR6793 wrote:
So, just starting this build. The second character in the game. My questions are this.

Am level 11, but have not found spell totem yet, any ideas?

If you go to http://poe-roadmap.com/index.php and put in your PoB it will give you a break down of where you can find everything. You get Spell Totem after completing the Caged Brute quest in Act 1

"
CKR6793 wrote:
And in reading your guide, I notice numerous times where you say gems must be kept low to work effectively, how do you limit gem level if they are equipped?

Thank you for your time and attention.

When a gem comes up on the right side of the screen as it is ready to level, you can right click the upgrade button and it disappears and the gem stops leveling there. When/if you want it to level again you open your inventory screen and you will see the upgrade option at the bottom of the page
Last edited by Mishca on Jun 2, 2018, 9:25:51 AM
hi, tq for making this guide.

i'm using this guide for my templar-league starter in incursion,
had a few deaths before act10, didnt bother with resists and low level rings then,
just rushing thru acts.

but managed to clear merc lab(1st attempt)and kitava act10 deathless at lvl 70,
after i capped my resists properly.

just to add, using only 6s4l body armour.
bitch about a niche game? lol.
each new league is a circus of nerfs and buffs.
where is the element of fun in discovering the unknown in this game?
Last edited by helloicanseeu on Jun 2, 2018, 5:11:18 PM
New(ish) player and I am confused on the level 12 - Firestorm portion of the leveling guide.

"
- With level 12 you can use Firestorm. Change your links to Faster Casting and Controlled Destruction after beating Maligaro. Craft a +1 fire wand or sceptre (ruby ring + magic wand/sceptre 3-linked BBB + orb of alteration).

I have no clue how to "craft". There is a crafting table somewhere? I do not see one in either Act1 or Act2 hubs. Wiki says Maligaro is in act4. Was this suggestion for crafting a wand/scepter completely out of place and not meant to be done early in the game?

At this point I assume that I must continue on in Act2 without completing this step.
Hey there. Using this build as incursion league starter and im pushing content amazingly. Quick question on the curse to use for this build. Your gem section says proj weakness while your build has frostbite.

I have about 50 dex between my gear and a +30 node and I can reach about lvl 15 proj weakness.

Comparing to lvl 20 frostbite, what would be the better option here?

Thanks!
So am I missing something here. The First Snow jewel requires at least 40 int within the radius. According to PoB 2 of the 3 gem nodes don't reach 40 int at all?? Is this an error or do you really not try to acquire the full 40 int for one of the jewels?
"
JayDee17 wrote:
So am I missing something here. The First Snow jewel requires at least 40 int within the radius. According to PoB 2 of the 3 gem nodes don't reach 40 int at all?? Is this an error or do you really not try to acquire the full 40 int for one of the jewels?

The int doesn't need to be allocated. It just has to be within range of the circle, whether you take it or not. This was changed a while back. So the jewel slot beside Quick Recovery and the top middle one above Annihilation both have more than enough within radius.
"
Kelathos wrote:
New(ish) player and I am confused on the level 12 - Firestorm portion of the leveling guide.

"
- With level 12 you can use Firestorm. Change your links to Faster Casting and Controlled Destruction after beating Maligaro. Craft a +1 fire wand or sceptre (ruby ring + magic wand/sceptre 3-linked BBB + orb of alteration).

I have no clue how to "craft". There is a crafting table somewhere? I do not see one in either Act1 or Act2 hubs. Wiki says Maligaro is in act4. Was this suggestion for crafting a wand/scepter completely out of place and not meant to be done early in the game?

At this point I assume that I must continue on in Act2 without completing this step.

If you put your PoB in to the website @ http://poe-roadmap.com/index.php it will give you a guide as to where/when the gems can be found.

1) Firestorm is available in act 1 after completing Sirens cadence (this isnt in the poe-roadmap site as it is not in the PoB link
2) Faster attacks and faster crafting are available in act 2 after completing "sharp and Cruel" quest, not killing Maligaro (not sure if this is a change or a typo)
3) Crafting is done by selling specific combinations of gems/currency/items to a vendor all at the same time. Some vendor recipes are specific to 1 vendor (like some masters in the hideout), but this is a generic recipe that you can do with any vendor. You need to sell a ruby ring (fire resistance), any magic 3 linked BBB (blue-blue-blue) wand or sceptre (sceptre if you want to use shield charge at all), and an orb of alteration.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info