[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

"
VisorX wrote:

- With level 12 you can use Firestorm.
- With level 28 you can use Flameblast

Flameblast, Spell Totem, Faster Casting, Controlled Destruction.

For those leveling try using arc instead of firestorm and flameblast - it is available earlier and has been buffed nicely. I would use it in a +1 to lightning wand/sceptre (same as recipe in guide but with topaz ring instead of ruby) with the same "faster casting" and "controlled destruction" as the guide. Use this with a "herald of thunder" for the combo with arc's shock
Last edited by Mishca on Jun 3, 2018, 5:35:02 AM
"
projectsix wrote:
"
JayDee17 wrote:
So am I missing something here. The First Snow jewel requires at least 40 int within the radius. According to PoB 2 of the 3 gem nodes don't reach 40 int at all?? Is this an error or do you really not try to acquire the full 40 int for one of the jewels?

The int doesn't need to be allocated. It just has to be within range of the circle, whether you take it or not. This was changed a while back. So the jewel slot beside Quick Recovery and the top middle one above Annihilation both have more than enough within radius.

I did not know this man. Thanks for letting me know.. I was so confused about how this was going to work lol. For the third gem slot would it be better to use something other than a third First Snow??
The third gem slot is supposed to be for the Clear Mind jewel that gives you 40-60% increased Spell Damage while no Mana is reserved. You drop Clarity when you start using it.

I hit Level 70 yesterday and got my Tabula, and now this build truly feels amazing. So thanks VisorX for the guide, I was getting kinda desperate for a league starter, but this dude really is fun.
FINALLY IT'S LUPUS!
Last edited by LupusImmortalis on Jun 3, 2018, 1:03:52 PM
1 more dumb question. You mention soul mantle giving you a 5th totem. Where are the extra 2 coming from? I know you get 1 from the tree, another from Soul Mantle. Where are the other 2 coming from?

Also, with the changes to things it seems like using arc instead of flame blast is a much smoother a quicker way to level to 43+ - I found flame blast to be really slow and enemies just ran around a lot of the explosions.

Thanks
"
JayDee17 wrote:
1 more dumb question. You mention soul mantle giving you a 5th totem. Where are the extra 2 coming from? I know you get 1 from the tree, another from Soul Mantle. Where are the other 2 coming from?

Also, with the changes to things it seems like using arc instead of flame blast is a much smoother a quicker way to level to 43+ - I found flame blast to be really slow and enemies just ran around a lot of the explosions.

Thanks

The extra two totems come from the Hierophant ascendancy, Pursuit of Faith and Ritual of Awakening to be specific.
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
What's the reasoning for going with Projectile Weakness over Frostbite? Just seems trying to get the dex for Projectile Weakness can be a bit obnoxious and I'm not clear on why it's preferred over Frostbite. And thanks for the guide! Loving the build so far.
Last edited by Krypty on Jun 3, 2018, 3:37:02 PM
"
For the third gem slot would it be better to use something other than a third First Snow?

You can only have at most 2 "First Snows". Most (all?) of these "power" gems have a limit of 2, which you can see in the item description at the top.
"

For those leveling try using arc instead of firestorm and flameblast

This is my third league playing this build. On the 2nd toon, I didn't bother even swapping out to use Flameblast. Freezing Pulse just works all the way through.

With Incursion (3.3), I have also heavily modified this build to:

1. Not use "Ancestral Bond" (only damage through totems). I use the buffed "Arc" as a 2nd attack which also makes completing certain Master missions easier (e.g. Vorici, since the Freezing Pulse totems tend to one-shot everything, causing the mission to fail).
2. Use the "Breath of Ice" and "Heart of Rime" passive nodes (as queried elsewhere in this thread).
I am now at level 74. So far it's working great. I had no trouble clearing temples from the start.

You can find my Path of Building code here: https://pastebin.com/iNdv5TS1

Note that I am still using some +30 dexterity and strength nodes. Those will go when I find better gear, although the extra dexterity allows you to level green gems such as "Projectile Weakness" higher.
Last edited by Bunnios on Jun 4, 2018, 4:49:33 AM
"
Krypty wrote:
What's the reasoning for going with Projectile Weakness over Frostbite? Just seems trying to get the dex for Projectile Weakness can be a bit obnoxious and I'm not clear on why it's preferred over Frostbite. And thanks for the guide! Loving the build so far.

Projectile Weakness [1] also gives you 25% chance of Knockback so it reduces the chances that enemies get in range to do damage to you.

[1] https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Projectile_Weakness
Last edited by Bunnios on Jun 4, 2018, 4:50:34 AM
Thanks for the reply earlier, it helped a lot.

Second newb question. How do I get a second First Snow? Is it strictly from another character / player? Given the extreme importance of this item, should I dare dream to have enough currency to trade for one? I have never traded before.

What should I expect to trade for First Snow?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info