[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

Would there be any serious draw back from using a Tukohama's Fortress? I would think the 40% damage boost added with a 5th / 6th totem would be a good thing??

The real issue I could see is the blood magic but I wasn't sure if it was for everything or just the skills in the shield itself.. thoughts?
I'm pretty sure the Blood Magic applies to all skills, not just the gems in the shield. This means you won't be able to utilize Arcane Surge, which substantially boosts your dps. You're also losing out on a fair amount of crit chance for spells (from a rare shield). I'm not sure how useful the extra totem would be, I'm using 4 at the moment and can deal with everything the game throws at me quite effortlessly (although I'm only level 76)
sorry if i missed it but why proj weakness instead of frostbite curse?
IGN- Shaeyaena
"
Vanadium81 wrote:

16 page -

Projectile Weakness [1] also gives you 25% chance of Knockback so it reduces the chances that enemies get in range to do damage to you.
WE ARE Q ! WHERE WE GO ONE, WE GO ALL !
So, I'm back. Glad, most people are enjoying the build and helping out each other.

How are you doing in Incursions? Since this build is designed for rather open maps and fast clearing trash mobs, I can imagine the narrow Incursions with stronger mobs being an issue.

I was formerly advising against using Soul Mantle and Shimmerons, but in this league, it could be worthwile.

Any points I should update about the guide? How are your experiences with Projectile Speed now?

"
Vanadium81 wrote:

It's mainly just more damage. Test it in PoB.

"
Turr1caN wrote:
Hey Visorx,

love this build so far. just one question. shouldnt enfeeble be max lvl 5 or am i wrong?

Yes, of course, thx. Added to the guide.

"
JayDee17 wrote:
Would there be any serious draw back from using a Tukohama's Fortress? I would think the 40% damage boost added with a 5th / 6th totem would be a good thing??

The real issue I could see is the blood magic but I wasn't sure if it was for everything or just the skills in the shield itself.. thoughts?

40% increased adds up with all the other increased damage and ends up being very little. We get more damage from a regular shield with spell damage and spell crit. You won't use a 5th totem very often. You could spec out of Ancestral Bond and maybe take the scion life wheel. So you can make it work, but I don't think it's worth it, especially for the price. As mentioned, not having a Arcane Surge is another big drawback.
Last edited by VisorX on Jun 7, 2018, 6:37:22 PM
Thanks for the build, i'm having a lot of fun with it other than not being able to complete the Tormented Spirit challenge because it dies before I can see it.

also, would Empower be better than ICS?
This build is awesome. Although I have one question: there are these new magic suffixes "% Increased damage with hits against chilled enemies" on gloves like these

I wonder if it works on totem skills? Wouldn't it boost your damage A LOT?
It's not like this build lacks damage, but there's no such thing as too much damage ;)
Last edited by alex_disp on Jun 8, 2018, 2:28:45 AM
I think it works on spells casted by totems as well, but it doesn't make much of a difference. Here's a reddit post explaining why: (read the top comment)

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4lc0uj/question_what_is_the_difference_between_increased/

e: Nevermind, I was wrong
Last edited by Zimpnic on Jun 18, 2018, 2:39:48 PM
"
Zimpnic wrote:
I think it works on spells casted by totems as well, but it doesn't make much of a difference. Here's a reddit post explaining why: (read the top comment)

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4lc0uj/question_what_is_the_difference_between_increased/

Sad. I tested it and thought that damage difference was noticeable. Maybe it was just my imagination...
It's like having 90% increased spell damage instead of 50% on your wand. It's nice, but not a *huge* dps increase

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info