Poll: Should we add Nets that work on Dead Beasts?

Poll: Should we add Nets that work on Dead Beasts?

Yes, but more common
943025.71%
Yes, but more rare
961326.21%
No
1763148.07%
Poll closed
No.

This is actually a really nice way to balance the "Casual" player with the "Tryhard" tier of players.

People who build for clearspeed are the only people that really suffer from killing mobs instantly before they can capture. But these people are also swimming in currency and drops from their high speed map spamming.

The result? Slower, more casual players are capturing beasts the tryhards cannot, and thus are forced to trade their clearspeed currency for beasts and beastcrafting results. We get a real, functional economy between the two types of players. I like it, just how it is. Nets could use some QoL improvements, but we certainly don't need to capture dead shit.
Not all players read forum or the website!

Edit:

How about a 4th option:

Yes, capture dead beasts but you can not trade them
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."
Last edited by vonMoselberg on Mar 4, 2018, 7:52:28 PM
Can you use pokeyballs to catch dead pokemans? No!

Maybe make a rare net that has a longer timer?
What players do not understand is you are still doing damage to the beast after you throw the net. If they knew that they would be in favor of it.
I don't have problem with capturing something what is reasonably resilient while doing somewhat controllable dmg to it ....

BUT that's not the case here.

- some rares i kill by accident off screen
- some rares i cannot kill, AT ALL

The rest is OK for capturing, even if they spawn zillion ads and it's hard to target them - just wait for the right moment. Except, there are things like Contagion spread, Totems, Minions and other builds which have dmg either full output or walking around.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
I'm sure other people have and will make this suggestion. I believe rather than potentially damaging the theme of capturing live monsters by allowing you to capture the dead there might be another solution.

The duration for nets could be drastically longer, perhaps even infinite, staggering or removing the punishing enrage mechanic. Personally I find it very frustrating when something you intend to capture escapes your net and then dies to your burn/bleed/poison/minions before you have time to throw another net. I think increasing the window of capture to 5 seconds or more would allow ample time to capture a monster.

I am loving this league though, whatever decision is made I'm sure will be the right one.
Instead of having it work on a dead beasts it should allow you to dps the beast down before it either procs an enrage or a capture, the 3 second window, the beast can't die while the net is active so just making the calculation for enrage or capture happen toward the end of the 3 second window instead of the beginning should address whatever issues capturing a dead beast is aimed to fix.
----
Casual Player.
Im necromancer and capture monsters is pain in the ass

Yes, dont matter common or rare
IGN: KabanPro
Last edited by Kabancheg11 on Mar 4, 2018, 7:51:57 PM
doesnt matter, majority of people already quit the league and went back to standard so the "no" will probally win b/c people dont care at this point
Great idea to decide this with a poll.

For me, killing beasts and 'capturing' their carcasses to use as currency would make this league much closer to the many previous leagues in which the point was to killing things and collect the currency they drop (Essence, Perandus, Breach, Harbinger).

Having said that, killing monsters for profit is the point of the whole game, so it probably won't make a huge difference either way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info