Poll: Should we add Nets that work on Dead Beasts?

Poll: Should we add Nets that work on Dead Beasts?

Yes, but more common
943025.71%
Yes, but more rare
961326.21%
No
1763148.07%
Poll closed
I vote for 'yes, but rare' before you make some rework. If you change how exactly beast can be captured to not contradicting, for example, with culling and high damage hits - I change my vote to 'no'.

3 seconds sometimes not enough to capture legendary that already spawn a lot of adds and cooldown on the net is to high. I more prefer to survive and save my EXP instead of trying capture beast that can kill me with 3 hits and run faster than I with quicksilver active.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Even as a devoted clear speed player I think capturing dead beasts would ruin the originality of the league.

I never thought I would vote for a mechanic to directly goes against the clear speed mindset but I think it's time for GGG to step up their temp league game and while beastiary is not the best league ggg has ever produced, future ones will be far better for it.

It's interesting to the see the community divided exactly in half on this topic.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 4, 2018, 7:47:50 PM
No, captures should work on only living beasts, not just something you can do after.
Why not just introduce 2 different net? Its quite clear
One net you can bag the animal you kill, the other is the old net you can only capture the animal on low hp. That way we have 2 system in place and players can choose whatever they prefer.
I find the Pokemon league system rather frustrating, i would rather prefer to kill the animal rather than use the old capture system which to be honest is a pain in the butt hole. Some of us have jobs and families the current system is way too long...
Last edited by GolStuff on Mar 4, 2018, 7:53:15 PM
"
D3izhistory wrote:
just remove nets entirely

+1

Total waste of time, currently always killing them its too slow when trying to capture them, not kill them, then they can ''broke'' the net.. come on, we just wanna go foward not stand there and wait... If i want to play pokemon ill just stop PoE. The mini crafting is a great idea but again time waste when u need to sacrifice ur 'pet'. My 2cents.

And damn how many are life regen ?! Ur kidding lol
Last edited by Major_Dark on Mar 4, 2018, 7:49:02 PM
When you have too much damage it is impossible to capture anything because they die before. When you're summoner (or you're in a party) it's impossible to see where the monster is in time to capture. I do not think there's any other way if they can be captured after they've been killed.
I can't be the only person that thinks the 3 second period being added back in makes the need to capture dead animals redundant? The super high dps builds can now just throw first and kill second.
Can you just make it that the net auto choses the rarest beast in a certain area of your click? That would be enough for me. Also, it would help a lot if the net would not be an own attack, meaning, that you can throw it while you are casting or attacking.
Last edited by Karander on Mar 4, 2018, 8:17:17 PM
If Yes Common wins, you may as well remove the net mechanic altogether and just have the beasts drop as loot. It is utterly pointless to "catch" a dead beast and the netting would just become a waste of time.

If Yes Uncommon wins, I hope these "soul nets" or whatever are obnoxiously rare and expensive, and only to be used on the beastiest of beasts that accidentally get killed.

But I hope No wins.

I am enjoying the net mechanic and the challenge of throwing the net. I'm a DoT build, so I pay close attention to the rate their hp is depleting and have to base my throw time on that.
No, we are capturing things alive to slaughter them on altar of old gods.

Though getting nets that work on yellow+ beasts only and auto-target would be a major improvement. Clicking one monster in a huge pack is a real pain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info