Poll: Should we add Nets that work on Dead Beasts?

Poll: Should we add Nets that work on Dead Beasts?

Yes, but more common
943025.71%
Yes, but more rare
961326.21%
No
1763148.07%
Poll closed
"
Korynel wrote:
What does it accomplish then? The rich guys with clearspeed builds can afford to buy as much as they want and they can rely on it. That is all. So they can make more currency faster and just don't care about capture mechanics. While the average guys still have to slow down and basically whoever is not rich enough to buy many nets... well they are still s***ed. Aren't they?

Well put. Especially

"
At least if these nets were bound to char like shaper orbs then it would not allow the rich to rely on them either.

Like everything else in this game, players will flock to the most profitable option, regardless of fun. Thus PoE has a chronic conflict between profit-based fun (which often leads to burned out, bitter players) and intrinsic fun (which often leads to happy-but-poor players who cannot engage the game fully on its own terms). The way to dominate Path of Exile has NEVER been about choosing the most fun option and making it as powerful as you can. It has ALWAYS been about exploiting the meta (unintended and OP interactions, ideally), and then making that as fun as you can. This is backwards, and the best--no, the only--way to solve this is for GGG to recognize where these conflicts exist and make the most fun options also be the most profitable.

Engaging (well-made) mechanics is what makes the game fun. So reward us for engaging them! Don't continue to enable those who ignore them to dominate the game.

I know GGG cares about this, because they do things like give bosses hp-bloat. But this backfires more often than not, because you cannot solve this dilemma with numbers alone. Rather, you need qualitative alterations in mechanics and design, and THIS was one. The mechanics in this league were far from perfect, but they did create a good chance for you to work on this fundamental Path of Exile issue.

But you blew it. Not because you don't understand the issue (you clearly do) but because you don't know how to recognize solutions, even when you've stumbled upon them yourselves.

Spoiler
Edit and P.S.: Pointing back to this poll absolutely does not absolve you of responsibility. The only legitimate reason for making a decision like this based on poll results is that the various options are equal in merit from a design point of view. You as game designers are responsible for having made that implicit assertion. And it is that assertion that I am saying you were wrong to have made.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Mar 8, 2018, 3:54:47 AM
So I guess the "Yes, but more rare" option won the poll ?

But WTF is this: https://redd.it/82v63i

You can exchange 3 T10 net for 1 corpse net at NPC

And since the fixing of capture duration, there are almost zero consumption of T10 net since they aren't even needed for capturing living red beast. You can buy T10 net on market for like 2 alteration per net, which make the corpse net very common and cheap.

So the option "yes, but common" actually won the vote despite they are the minority of this poll, WHAT A JOKE.

TLDR: The current rarity setting of corpse net is really off, and contradict with the result of this poll.
Last edited by Drosophila on Mar 8, 2018, 4:14:26 AM
I just gave up entirely on this league. To me, Beastiary league now is just standard with fresh economy. I really like the idea, had some fun in early lvl's, but after you reach certain point in the game (after like 5 days of playing) the league is just worthless. There are so many flaws with bestiary that even early Harbringer league looks better. Im really sad to commit it, but thats the truth.
why bother asking?
pretty close to quitting my first league in less than a week. gg
cmon ggg
1 april still a month away to pull pranks with pools
the forums inside your domain should be the official instead of a subREDDIT goddamit
how can you tell if ppl submitted multiple votes there? just point the sub to this topic and make this poll counts

otherwise don't waste our time
:(
Last edited by FonaR007 on Dec 12, 2018, 6:37:50 AM
As a new player and a dual totem user its very hard to catch mob before it dies or still has to much health.

I vote yes
Radio Edit
"Bury me deep when there's no will to be better than me."
Last edited by lohycore on Mar 8, 2018, 8:15:14 PM
Why? WHY to add this necronet in the game? 48% voted not to add this, but you added T_T

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info