[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

What endgame content do you have done with this build ?
Thinking about trying this out as my league starter, but worried about freeze/stun being a killer in this build; any mitigation for those or just freeze immunity flasks?
What skill gem and gears should i level with in the early game (when I don't have the currency for the uniques yet)
"
orbebop wrote:
What endgame content do you have done with this build ?

All guardians, most unique maps (Some that I didn't have money for), Red elder, and a lot more. I'll just say this, you can do pretty much everything until you hit shaper. Shaper is basically the hard stop for this build.

"
Eunbunnie wrote:
What skill gem and gears should i level with in the early game (when I don't have the currency for the uniques yet)

We use frostblades from the very start. Gear wise, you just want to aim for high physical damage weapons of any variety. Also iron rings are really great for this as well.

"
shmigy429 wrote:
Thinking about trying this out as my league starter, but worried about freeze/stun being a killer in this build; any mitigation for those or just freeze immunity flasks?

It's actually really not bad. We use Brine king as our main pantheon to counter act stuns / freezes. We also do take heart of the oak. Freeze immunity flask is usually used however, typically on one of the utility flask such as diamond or silver.
why can't you kill shaper with the build? what about UberElder,Aul,etc?
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
"
feuerbach wrote:

Well, you probably "can" but it's harder than with other builds. Frostblades is great for clearing open maps and shines with its AoE and decent whirling blades movementspeed. One click on frostblades literally clears your whole screen due to ancestral call and chain from weapons. This is because of the projectiles flying after the first hit.
These won't hit any boss tho.
Frostblades is just not a very good single target ability and doesnt't feel satisfying vs solo targets.
Also other builds have more hp, better mitigation and sustain.

Just give it a shot. It's a good build
"
feuerbach wrote:
As the guy above me said, it's possible, but its so inefficiently hard you mine as well just make a new build. This is mostly meant as a very fast map farmer to gather currency and what not.
How the fuck do you roll 3 reds and 1 blue on Starkonjas and Evasion boots? Its literally impossible without shitload of currency.
"
HanibAAAl wrote:
How the fuck do you roll 3 reds and 1 blue on Starkonjas and Evasion boots? Its literally impossible without shitload of currency.

Haha, all the gear in the path of building is legit the gear I used in bestiary league, I was a bit of a masochist and did it that way using the vorici trick (don't know if that even exist anymore with the new crafting). You can use different base types if you need colors however. It actually isn't as bad as it seems.
First of all: Thanks for this build! Leveling was okayish. Mapping now is awesome. Didn't spend more than 40c for my gear and did not run into any trouble at all.
I tested around a bit and found out, that the new War Banner skill is nice for us (put ruthless into your inventory to get a slot for it for example). While mapping you get up to 60% accuracy rating (should be awesome with Oskarm gloves) and you get some seconds of adrenaline for you and your Double Strike boys for bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info