[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

"
KyliaGypsy wrote:
Hello,

I am following your build, only started ACT 3. I was wondering if Flame Dash (which i like as a movement style) is an ok replacement for Whirling Blades?

I also picked up Blade vortex along with my Frost Blades setup and added the Phantasms and Harold of Purity which gave me minions that appear from hits. This has helped me somewhat not sure if this will be viable by end game.

I am using a spell totem right now with raging spirit which occupies enemies for me ...

Just wanted to share my experience so far and welcome feedback. The character is RicksSlick.

K

Update 10/20/18 - I made it to the end game and have started mapping. I am not sure what to switch out to get the CWDT configured. I really enjoyed playing this character.

Hope to develop this character further and get into higher level tier maps.

I still used the flame dash and the Harold of Purity. But can switch out the hatred when needed.

Glad to hear your enjoying the build. Feel free to make adjustments as needed as you have. Sorry for the late reply, I've been mostly using my free time playing the new call of duty game.
Just letting you all know that I plan to update this build and my cyclone build as soon as patch notes are out. Be safe and see y'all then.
Im new to POE and like the way your build works, its the kinda builds i liked in d3. Im gonna be running it in betrayer. Iv seen videos about leveling getting ready and preparing. I saw alot of surgestions to do the 2 handed weapon orb upgrade for op weapon. Here comes the question: The build relies on having sword 1h, claw or one more 1 hander to work, does the weapon upgrade method work for this build aswell, or is it just being lucky and finding the stuff i need to level or do you have any tips for when im defo gonna be stuck?
Been looking for an updated Frost Blades build for awhile now. Never levelled with it, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it works. Thanks for posting the guide!
"
KyrnlawlPOE wrote:
Im new to POE and like the way your build works, its the kinda builds i liked in d3. Im gonna be running it in betrayer. Iv seen videos about leveling getting ready and preparing. I saw alot of surgestions to do the 2 handed weapon orb upgrade for op weapon. Here comes the question: The build relies on having sword 1h, claw or one more 1 hander to work, does the weapon upgrade method work for this build aswell, or is it just being lucky and finding the stuff i need to level or do you have any tips for when im defo gonna be stuck?

Well, most of the time the way you level frostblades related builds is you find either a two-hander high physical damage weapon, or you aim for two mediocre rare swords. Either one works.

Now if you are playing in a trade league (Not solo-self-found) you have a lot more room of what to do. A example is this, say you find a chaos orb (currency item if you don't know), you can go on Poe.Trade and look up one of the uniques I listed in the leveling tab and buy it.

This will allow you to basically have a overpowered weapon for quite a few levels. Which you can then sell to another player again and buy another overpowered weapon for your level.

Let me know if you this answers your question, had a little trouble understanding it.

"
foxhelm wrote:
Been looking for an updated Frost Blades build for awhile now. Never levelled with it, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it works. Thanks for posting the guide!

No problem! Let me know if you run into any trouble.
With patch notes out, any thoughts to the build? Was planning on using it as my starter. From what I could tell i didn't really notice anything that would affect it, but my game knowledge is limited.
"
Intrasolar wrote:
With patch notes out, any thoughts to the build? Was planning on using it as my starter. From what I could tell i didn't really notice anything that would affect it, but my game knowledge is limited.

You're most definitely correct in your assessment. Nothing really changed with the build, so it will be about the same. I want to try and test the banners on it, but Path of Building does not have the new gems yet.
"
Reloads wrote:
"
Intrasolar wrote:

You're most definitely correct in your assessment. Nothing really changed with the build, so it will be about the same. I want to try and test the banners on it, but Path of Building does not have the new gems yet.

As an inexperienced PoE player, any chance you could summarize when we should look at 4L, 5L etc. - I'm unsure when I should be putting what gems together and tend to find gems I should have been using for the past many levels etc :)
"
mikl0s wrote:

As an inexperienced PoE player, any chance you could summarize when we should look at 4L, 5L etc. - I'm unsure when I should be putting what gems together and tend to find gems I should have been using for the past many levels etc :)

I have a little sub-section dedicated exactly to this actually on the build page. If you click on the section "Skillgem Order" it will list in order of what is the most valuable in terms of links. It goes left to right in terms of priority. So for example the most important gem link for frostblades would obviously be frost blades.
Guide has gotten a major face lift to accompany the new video. I'd say now that the build is fully ready for betrayal. If you notice any flaws that I can fix, feel free to write me and let me know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info