[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

"
FRAKTUREZ wrote:
First of all: Thanks for this build! Leveling was okayish. Mapping now is awesome. Didn't spend more than 40c for my gear and did not run into any trouble at all.
I tested around a bit and found out, that the new War Banner skill is nice for us (put ruthless into your inventory to get a slot for it for example). While mapping you get up to 60% accuracy rating (should be awesome with Oskarm gloves) and you get some seconds of adrenaline for you and your Double Strike boys for bosses.

Yep, everyone including me thinks leveling is the worst part of the build, but it's still not too bad. War banner is pretty great, I've been playing with it on my cyclone character and have been absolutely loving it. I didn't even think of the accuracy part, that makes gearing a lot easier for frost blades, thanks!

Its not better to just not refund passives around vitality void and just take it for sustain on bosses like uber Izaro/Uber Elder/Shaper? I guess it'll help in tanking most content in game, can you tell me why i should refund these passives?
"
Reloads wrote:
"
FRAKTUREZ wrote:
First of all: Thanks for this build! Leveling was okayish. Mapping now is awesome. Didn't spend more than 40c for my gear and did not run into any trouble at all.
I tested around a bit and found out, that the new War Banner skill is nice for us (put ruthless into your inventory to get a slot for it for example). While mapping you get up to 60% accuracy rating (should be awesome with Oskarm gloves) and you get some seconds of adrenaline for you and your Double Strike boys for bosses.

Yep, everyone including me thinks leveling is the worst part of the build, but it's still not too bad. War banner is pretty great, I've been playing with it on my cyclone character and have been absolutely loving it. I didn't even think of the accuracy part, that makes gearing a lot easier for frost blades, thanks!

Did a bit more testing now. Cause I use Oskarm, Curse on Hit and Assassin's Mark have become obsolete. I used the sockets to push Vaal Double Strike's damage a bit through WED and Added Cold (I guess? :D) and when I pop the banner the boys just decimate bosses.

I did some calcs aswell and you should get some more overall damage with Herald of Purity instead of Herald of Ice. Leveling it currently to see if clearing feels worse with it (cause of the missing ice explosions). :)
"
Smerfik wrote:
Its not better to just not refund passives around vitality void and just take it for sustain on bosses like uber Izaro/Uber Elder/Shaper? I guess it'll help in tanking most content in game, can you tell me why i should refund these passives?

You refund them cause you should be in level range to use Wasp Nests / Touch of Anguish now. Because of this you can take the claw notes on the right side to get even more (and enough) life and mana leech (take Soul Raker first).
"
FRAKTUREZ wrote:

Did a bit more testing now. Cause I use Oskarm, Curse on Hit and Assassin's Mark have become obsolete. I used the sockets to push Vaal Double Strike's damage a bit through WED and Added Cold (I guess? :D) and when I pop the banner the boys just decimate bosses.

I did some calcs aswell and you should get some more overall damage with Herald of Purity instead of Herald of Ice. Leveling it currently to see if clearing feels worse with it (cause of the missing ice explosions). :)

I'll have to look into this myself sounds really interesting. Only real problem I have with getting rid of herald of ice is the build loses a big part of its identity. Seeing those ice explosions is what personally makes frost blades so great to me.
Feel free to keep experimenting, y'all are a big part of why the build becomes better every league, always using the feedback.

"
Smerfik wrote:

As the guy above me said, after you get soul raker, they become obsolete. If you have soul raker they literally give no buff at all, it would just be a waste of points.
Wher can i get ancestral call as shadow .I read on wiki i cant buy it from vendor.
"
usaer12 wrote:
Wher can i get ancestral call as shadow .I read on wiki i cant buy it from vendor.
I believe it becomes available after a while in act 1. Typically you can purchase it from nessa on page 2 if I remember correctly. If they changed it may you need to wait til act 6 to buy it or buy it from another player if not self-found.
Last edited by Reloads on Dec 11, 2018, 5:56:36 PM
"
usaer12 wrote:

Let someone else buy it for you or just make a duelist/marauder, rush through to Tidal Island and kill Hailraik. After returning to town after that you have access to Ancestral Call and can hand it over to your shadow.
hey, why do you use a assassin's mark curse on hit set up when you already have Unstable Fusion, why not go with poachers mark to have a more reliable frenzy charge source?
"
inoobiexd wrote:
hey, why do you use a assassin's mark curse on hit set up when you already have Unstable Fusion, why not go with poachers mark to have a more reliable frenzy charge source?

More damage. We actually did run poacher mark for quite awhile, but it was not needed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info