[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

"
ColpColtran wrote:
"
minamo99 wrote:
Poe doesn’t calculate dps correctly. In reality it’s much higher. Try impro Ing your Armour and one of your rings:) noticed for myself crit,ias jewels help a lot. Only problem I have atm is high bosses can still 1-shot me, but Il figure something out :)

So when OP said its 700k build, how did he measured it?

Any tips of where should I farm with this build?

He calculated it by using Path of Building.

As for stuff you can improve I would say a 6 link chest with life, gloves also with life and maybe attack speed. For example i picked up this chest for 15c

I'm not a PoE expert but I would say life generally helps also not really sure how useful those unique's are to the build though I would suggest downloading and installing Path of Building as you can import your current build and mess around with items and see what gives a dps increase.

For an example this is my current gear and I'm 72 atm and i still need to improve some parts to get max fire res

"
minamo99 wrote:

Ran it through path of building and it would give more life yes, but you'd lose on sooo much damage. It'd probably work if you just strictly do t5-10 maps and not do any bossing.

"
ColpColtran wrote:
Hey guys, I play POE just about week now, and this is my first character to get past act3 :D

I would like to hear what can I improve. This is my variant of this build:

Notable changes:
-Took Phase acrobatics in skill tree to have 40% dodge attacks and 30% dodge spell hits
-Impresence amulet + Windscream boots allow for additional curse, Frostbite, which should increase damage output by a lot

Additional questions, since I am new to the game:
-How can you get 700k DPS? I have about 75k with all auras, totem, golem and charges up. And when you say dps do you mean it as in character screen or do you when you hover over frost blades skill?
-What could I improve?

Sorry for the late response, been busy. Gear looks pretty decent. Getting a better chestplate with life (preferably belly of the beast) would be fantastic for survivability, but I know you use a unique amulet so res may be hard to stack. I do like the idea of using frostbite. That's a pretty good idea if you do a lot of bossing.

We calculate DPS using path of building. Tool tip DPS in path of exile is just straight up wrong, but it is a decent idea how good your build is.

Also your rings could definitely be better (To be exact, your diamond ring).

Anyways, Hope you enjoy the build and good luck.
Hi! I have been enjoying this build very much, thank you for taking your time to create it. I am fairly new to PoE, trying my best, but really starting to struggle when i started going into tier 11 maps, here are my items atm, are there any room for improvement? I have 4.2k life lvl 87 and about 150k frost blades dps with all of the buffs is that fine by that at that point? Or am just playing badly?

Hey, thanks for the build. This is my first time playing shadow and this build has been really fun to play. The problem I'm having now is that I've gotten up to T16 maps but I just can't beat shaper. Has anyone managed to kill shaper with this type of build? I have pretty much all the gear in your POB (6L BOTB, high life roll equipment, flasks etc). Just wondering if there is a good build to transition to for killing shaper or if I'm better off creating a new character. Thanks.
"
czar_peter wrote:
Hey, thanks for the build. This is my first time playing shadow and this build has been really fun to play. The problem I'm having now is that I've gotten up to T16 maps but I just can't beat shaper. Has anyone managed to kill shaper with this type of build? I have pretty much all the gear in your POB (6L BOTB, high life roll equipment, flasks etc). Just wondering if there is a good build to transition to for killing shaper or if I'm better off creating a new character. Thanks.

This build will not ever kill shaper, your much better off doing a different character. If you choose to play another character, consider doing my more expensive character that has killed shaper and the delve bosses https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201907 (Shameless plug)

Anyways, hope this helps. Have fun.

"
micokvs wrote:
Hi! I have been enjoying this build very much, thank you for taking your time to create it. I am fairly new to PoE, trying my best, but really starting to struggle when i started going into tier 11 maps, here are my items atm, are there any room for improvement? I have 4.2k life lvl 87 and about 150k frost blades dps with all of the buffs is that fine by that at that point? Or am just playing badly?

Hi. Getting more life on your gear is the main solution to your issues. If this doesn't solve your issues, feel free to repost.
Is Hypothermia really that necessary for that build? I think Cold Pen. or Faster Attacks could be better than Hypothermia.
"
Hallybro wrote:
Is Hypothermia really that necessary for that build? I think Cold Pen. or Faster Attacks could be better than Hypothermia.

Hypothermia out DPS's everything, at least from the test I have done. Cold penetration is better on high tier bosses, such as shaper, guardians, and delve bosses. However, seeing as we will never be attempting these bosses as this character, hypothermia is king.
"
Reloads wrote:
"
Hallybro wrote:

Hypothermia out DPS's everything, at least from the test I have done. Cold penetration is better on high tier bosses, such as shaper, guardians, and delve bosses. However, seeing as we will never be attempting these bosses as this character, hypothermia is king.

I did kill both Shaper and Elder with this build, so thats why i asked if Hypothermia is worth it, cause its really useless for endgame content. Not sure if i had a chance against Uber Elder with this build, still trying different set ups of gems.
Hello,

I am following your build, only started ACT 3. I was wondering if Flame Dash (which i like as a movement style) is an ok replacement for Whirling Blades?

I also picked up Blade vortex along with my Frost Blades setup and added the Phantasms and Harold of Purity which gave me minions that appear from hits. This has helped me somewhat not sure if this will be viable by end game.

I am using a spell totem right now with raging spirit which occupies enemies for me ...

Just wanted to share my experience so far and welcome feedback. The character is RicksSlick.

K

Update 10/20/18 - I made it to the end game and have started mapping. I am not sure what to switch out to get the CWDT configured. I really enjoyed playing this character.

Hope to develop this character further and get into higher level tier maps.

I still used the flame dash and the Harold of Purity. But can switch out the hatred when needed.
Last edited by KyliaGypsy on Oct 20, 2018, 2:07:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info