[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

"
Ll__lL wrote:
hi can intro some end game gear for this build ?

Endgame gear is include in the path of building link.

"
BigDrako wrote:

Yeah I am moron ^^

Touch of anguish doesn't seem to be particularly pricy, but I went for a couple of 3l nests for now.

I am going to try to get some of the equip needed. I even found an ancestral warchief and an immortal call with +quality on them.

I was wondering, do we use some vaal variants of our gems?

We only use Vaal double strike. Sadly frostblades has no vaal skill.

"
minamo99 wrote:
If we drop the curses for let’s say koams bosses might be doable. Not cheap and might take a while but maybe.

Yea, you could use kaoms roots, but losing out on 4 sockets is pretty big.

You could easily make it work if you did want more life. I've actually used them in the past back in abyss league.
"
Reloads wrote:
"
Ll__lL wrote:
hi can intro some end game gear for this build ?

Endgame gear is include in the path of building link.

"
BigDrako wrote:

Yeah I am moron ^^

Touch of anguish doesn't seem to be particularly pricy, but I went for a couple of 3l nests for now.

I am going to try to get some of the equip needed. I even found an ancestral warchief and an immortal call with +quality on them.

I was wondering, do we use some vaal variants of our gems?

We only use Vaal double strike. Sadly frostblades has no vaal skill.

"
minamo99 wrote:
If we drop the curses for let’s say koams bosses might be doable. Not cheap and might take a while but maybe.

Yea, you could use kaoms roots, but losing out on 4 sockets is pretty big.

You could easily make it work if you did want more life. I've actually used them in the past back in abyss league.

where and when will i use vaal double strike? i saw it on path of building, but not on the forum guide.

Those ice spikes i see in your gif, are those a skill effect from the shop? Or is it a gem i am still missing?

thank you as always.
Last edited by BigDrako on Sep 15, 2018, 5:23:06 PM
How u think about this gloves for this build ?
Do you think cold penetration would work in place of multi strikes linked to frost blades? I did the numbers on POB and it looks like it doesn't drop dps that much, but I don't totally trust what I'm seeing because I'm a POB noob

I'm looking for options to switch out with multi strike. I understand MS is good for clearing mobs, which is the point of this build, but I don't like feeling like I'm stun locked when I cast.

Either way thanks for the build, Reload! I've learned lots about mechanics with it and am super happy with it overall.
I've gotten so much joy out of the game since i rolled SSF, after trade leagues it just wasn't fun not to find anything yourself, i feel this is not how the game is meant to be played at all.

Thanks for making this build, i hope that eventually you have time to add a leveling guide, you know i like to follow a build to the letter.

That is more easily done if you add what gems you took at what level and what you picked up along the way that was non-unique.

I feel the overall build would appeal to a wider audience this way.
the curse on hit + assassins mark + hatred + herald link doesnt seem to activate the curse? is there a fix? will i have to change the gems or get a certain item?
So most of yellow maps done and upgraded to a 5l belly. Managed to get 2 ex. How would you advice spending them on this char?
"
the curse on hit + assassins mark + hatred + herald link doesnt seem to activate the curse? is there a fix? will i have to change the gems or get a certain item?

From what I could test the "Curse on hit" does not work with "Hatred", but it works fine with the "Herald of Ice". I'm just using this build right now. If you want you can try using "Poacher's Mark" instead of "Hatred".

Remember, you have to activate the Herald of Ice manually. (Stopping now to think, I think I should have done the same with "Hatred" before I took it off.
"
gallantblues wrote:
Do you think cold penetration would work in place of multi strikes linked to frost blades? I did the numbers on POB and it looks like it doesn't drop dps that much, but I don't totally trust what I'm seeing because I'm a POB noob

I'm looking for options to switch out with multi strike. I understand MS is good for clearing mobs, which is the point of this build, but I don't like feeling like I'm stun locked when I cast.

Either way thanks for the build, Reload! I've learned lots about mechanics with it and am super happy with it overall.

You can definitely get rid of multi strike, but it will weaken the build by a lot. You'll lose out on a lot of attack speed. Cold pen is the best option however if you do want to get rid of it. The build is just guidelines feel free to experiment and report back success or failure. It saves me a lot of time testing.

"
saucefar2 wrote:
I've gotten so much joy out of the game since i rolled SSF, after trade leagues it just wasn't fun not to find anything yourself, i feel this is not how the game is meant to be played at all.

Thanks for making this build, i hope that eventually you have time to add a leveling guide, you know i like to follow a build to the letter.

That is more easily done if you add what gems you took at what level and what you picked up along the way that was non-unique.

I feel the overall build would appeal to a wider audience this way.

Glad you like the build and thanks for the feedback. I totally agree about adding a more in depth leveling guide. Its on the agenda, just haven't had the motivation to do it at the moment. When I do make it I am gonna go all out, so I want to make sure I am ready to do it in one burst.

"
halosralo wrote:
How u think about this gloves for this build ?

Tombfist definitely aren't bad. I personally wouldn't make use of 2 socket ones, but a one socket with a murderous eye jewel is easily usable and good.

"
minamo99 wrote:
So most of yellow maps done and upgraded to a 5l belly. Managed to get 2 ex. How would you advice spending them on this char?

Well, it would be based on what is killing you or stopping you. So if you are dying a lot, consider more life gear. If you're not doing enough damage, invest in some damage rings. Also you always could just save the money and buy a 6 link belly. 6 Link belly is the most substantial upgrade.

"

Hatred won't proc the curse. Only herald of ice does. Use herald of ice if you need the curse proc or just wait until you have a 4 link.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info