Why so many ppl are upset

It seems like "so many" people are upset because that's who's posting right now. Don't take this as a sample.

If you were upset by something, you'd post about it. Not so much if you're ambivalent or happy.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It seems like "so many" people are upset because that's who's posting right now. Don't take this as a sample.

If you were upset by something, you'd post about it. Not so much if you're ambivalent or happy.

The message was not about overall people being upset, but people being upset about the new stuff.
It's easy to have a false perception of the situation when you can only see the minority of the voices.
This thread has everyone agreeing that new league is cool, another thread will have most saying that it's garbage etc.
You can also see it from the Youtube trailer, how it has 99% likes but the top comment is saying how it's garbage.
Also people are afraid of new things and get nervous / angry about them. You can see that with absolutely every big change in every game.
Overall I'm personally very confident that GGG has pulled another cool fun feature for us that even if it happens to not be super profitable, will still be enjoyable.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Feb 16, 2018, 7:09:04 AM
Nah... people can be upset. Nothing wrong with their reasoning. Let them rant. Just don't buy into the "so many" nonsense.

There's some. Go with that. Why are some people upset?

I think they've explained themselves quite well. Sitting out a league is probably a good idea for them.
It's mechanics are counter to the clearspeed meta. Can't catch monsters when you off-screen everything. You have to slow down and be a bit more careful with your damage application. All the complainers want is AoE everything and collect loot. Hence how popular Breach was.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
hmm my list would be this:

- new crafting system.
(how many do we have now? currency, essences, master, beasts and split of rare/eldar/shaper feels even like a layer to it. i was fine with only currency and was hoping for the promised reramp of rares for years, but all we got are cluttered mess and dozens of new trollmods.

- non-tradeable animals
- slow pokeballing them
- that streange zoo
- the fact that the zoo is for bloodmagical sacrefices
- ohh and have you seen any info about the monsters in that "beastiary" book?
- most of the monster drawings are ugly
- that we got a new npc for hunting animals (what about that bow-gurl-master?)

all that zoo&pokeball stuff would not be needed if the animals would just drop "beastiary-essences", but that would be too cheap, so they stuffed layers of maskerade on the mechanic and now it feels also somekind of absurdly.
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
Last edited by kobrakhan on Feb 16, 2018, 7:16:28 AM
The art in the book looks... temporary.
even the storyline of this league feels some kind of streange.

i mean, it looks like this:

streanger = "hey, i would like to write a book about the wildlife of wraeclast, can you help me to catch some for this zoo, so i can study them?"

me = "hey sure, sounds like my first clean job offering on this island!"

some time later:

me = "hey streanger, i looked into your book and cant find anything about your studys, how is your work doing?

streanger = "ohh, its works well, the cult is growig and the old blood-goods are pleasured by the offerings you captured for them."

Last edited by kobrakhan on Feb 16, 2018, 7:50:47 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The art in the book looks... temporary.

ohh..ok^^ that sounds good. overlooked that fact in some way.
at what place i can read it for myself?

edit: ohh, and now i overlooked the "looks" wording. so yes, temporary and ugly comes down to the same point. :(
Last edited by kobrakhan on Feb 16, 2018, 7:53:20 AM
"
kobrakhan wrote:
- that we got a new npc for hunting animals (what about that bow-gurl-master?)

My first thought after seeing this preview. Where the fuck is Tora? Why she is not here, but we get some bird-face guy?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
"
Vanesya wrote:
Agreed. But PoE is starting to accumulate a lot of mechanics that doesn't fit well with short leagues. Bestiary introduces another mechanic that seems to be pretty complex and hard to explore in three months starting from zero.

Perhaps we'll hear fewer "I'm bored, the league is over" posts just 2 weeks in.

Players have been wanting mechanics that extend interest in the temp leagues beyond the first few weeks; hopefully this will be what they've been asking for.
- here's my sig
Last edited by AcrylicHercules on Feb 16, 2018, 8:38:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info