BuildOfTheWeek [3.5] Righteous Fire Scorching Ray Totems - Uber Elder ✓ HC ✓ Budget ✓ Starter ✓

"
foojin wrote:
Interesting balance between a totem\RF\tank build. However I do wonder why you'd pick this over either glacial cascade totems and more relevant the '[3.2] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian' build (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2088517).

no accounting for taste
gc totems are crit based and SR totems are not. Same thing can be said about ancestral bond and elemental equilibrium.
I am currently at level 72, just able to sustain RF with the golem and 3 totem up, however, i do feel a bit squishy even at beginning tier of the maps, i am wondering besides getting a coil, what else as an option for me to boost my survivability.

Spoiler

thanks a lot, i think probably also because of the damage bug, it take too long for me to kill enermy so feel taking a lot of damage also.

IGN: Linsfamily_ST
Spoiler

so far so good for this build.I use this to farm uber lab.For map red tier is easy for this build.
Last edited by s20081692 on Mar 6, 2018, 10:55:24 PM
Upgraded to Doon's, don't know why but I feel much squishier now than I did when I was using my Balefire.
"
Fressure wrote:
Upgraded to Doon's, don't know why but I feel much squishier now than I did when I was using my Balefire.

I would guess thats because Doon doesn't recover your life on kill.

Did anyone mention the Pyre ring yet?

Up to 80% increased burning damage should boost both RF and SR. Plus it has some resistances. The only catch is that it convert cold damage to Fire, and that can mess up EE if you have any +cold damage on your gear.
"
spiky0209 wrote:
I am currently at level 72, just able to sustain RF with the golem and 3 totem up, however, i do feel a bit squishy even at beginning tier of the maps, i am wondering besides getting a coil, what else as an option for me to boost my survivability.

Spoiler

thanks a lot, i think probably also because of the damage bug, it take too long for me to kill enermy so feel taking a lot of damage also.

You really need better rings/amulet/chest, they all could be much better at this point.
IMPORTANT THERE IS A BUG WITH SR TOTEMS AT THE MOMENT

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/823gqq/bug_scorching_ray_totems_damage_doesnt_stack

Damage from multiple totems is not stacking! Bug is beng looked at at the moment, anticipating patch

Patch is coming soon , check dev's diary
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1733474
"
D3rr_2 wrote:
Hi guys and Some_Day,

Another questions about EE, isn't RF alone will proc the EE when near the enemy and when cast spell totem SR, the enemy still on EE (fire resist higher) ? Then the procedure is cast orb of storms first then RF and SR totem damage them if they are near you?

Another question, which is better for 6link SR totem?

Spell totem, Scotching Ray, Burning damage, ControlledD, ElementalF, Swift Affliction
or
Spell totem, Scotching Ray, Burning damage, ControlledD, ElementalF, Efficacy

Some_Day care for some enlightenment about the EE proc thingy?
"
D3rr_2 wrote:
"
D3rr_2 wrote:
Hi guys and Some_Day,

Another questions about EE, isn't RF alone will proc the EE when near the enemy and when cast spell totem SR, the enemy still on EE (fire resist higher) ? Then the procedure is cast orb of storms first then RF and SR totem damage them if they are near you?

Another question, which is better for 6link SR totem?

Spell totem, Scotching Ray, Burning damage, ControlledD, ElementalF, Swift Affliction
or
Spell totem, Scotching Ray, Burning damage, ControlledD, ElementalF, Efficacy

Some_Day care for some enlightenment about the EE proc thingy?

EE proc on HIT. RF do not proc EE because it does not hit. SR do not proc EE either (if you used, say, GC totems, they would proc cold EE. Totems proc EE if they hit with element. On side note, I remember using Arc totem for proccing EE in RF build). If you see mob that's fire resistant, it had the mod earlier. If you have +fire damage on gear, shield charge will proc EE fire resistance. If you have +fire damage to spells, Orb of Storms will proc fire resist on EE as well as lightning resist.

About the other question, using first page pob link gear for calculations and 20/20 gems:

Spell totem, Scorching Ray, Burning damage, ControlledD, ElementalF, Efficacy
216k DPS (rounded down)

Spell totem, Scorching Ray, Burning damage, ControlledD, ElementalF, Swift Affliction
210k DPS (rounded up)

It's barely 3% dps and different slot color. If you colored 3B1G2R, suit yourself, it's not noticable dps difference
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement
Last edited by neltisen on Mar 7, 2018, 3:25:32 AM
"
s20081692 wrote:
Spoiler

so far so good for this build.I use this to farm uber lab.For map red tier is easy for this build.

Nice, belt of the deciever doesn't give extra damage. Because Intimidate only works for attacks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info