BuildOfTheWeek [3.5] Righteous Fire Scorching Ray Totems - Uber Elder ✓ HC ✓ Budget ✓ Starter ✓

Solved my Degen issue for RF, destroyed Uber Lab.
I got my character to 63, and switched to the Balefire at 60. That makes leveling soooo easy. Also I was able to start running RF at this point. I just have to keep moving and keep three totems up. The build clears like crazy. I did make mine a little bit different though.

I was wondering if there was a certain point you wanted to started getting physical to ele damage taken conversion? At what level of maps did you start to feel uncomfortable without it?
"
Starkofdoom wrote:
I got my character to 63, and switched to the Balefire at 60. That makes leveling soooo easy. Also I was able to start running RF at this point. I just have to keep moving and keep three totems up. The build clears like crazy. I did make mine a little bit different though.

I was wondering if there was a certain point you wanted to started getting physical to ele damage taken conversion? At what level of maps did you start to feel uncomfortable without it?

Hey, I plan to get belly of the beast. Currently lvl 64 heirophant in BHC. Physical to elemental conversation comes from taste of hate and watcher's eye once I can afford them.
If you can focus on just getting phys to ele damage taken conversion that converts to fire and cold, I think it would be better to run a herald of ash over a purity of lightning. The more modifier for spell damage is really good. You obviously won't ever get the overkill affect, but still, a 12% more modifier for fire spell damage, and the 15% increased fire damage might be worthwhile
"
Starkofdoom wrote:
If you can focus on just getting phys to ele damage taken conversion that converts to fire and cold, I think it would be better to run a herald of ash over a purity of lightning. The more modifier for spell damage is really good. You obviously won't ever get the overkill affect, but still, a 12% more modifier for fire spell damage, and the 15% increased fire damage might be worthwhile

Good idea! Will consider it
"
Silvedl wrote:
What level did you switch to Scorching ray on the totems instead of firestorm?

I went from firestorm to flameblast totems at level 28, then at level 60 when I got balefire I switched to scorching ray.
"
Starkofdoom wrote:

I just did it in POB, the problem is that herald of ash doesnt apply to RF
also herald of ash will screw up EE
Thanks so much for posting this build guide on reddit (however short-lived that was -- and I'm sorry you caught a ton of flack from trolls). I have followed it through the weekend in League and am having an AWESOME time with it.

At level 75 (awating a few trials to do Uber), this character still has so much room to improve and is already face-melting content. Getting all resists into the high 80's without flasks has made elemental damage a non-factor -- and made cruising around with RF up the easiest clear character I've had in PoE.

SR totems are insanely good boss killers. I've never had a good boss killing character and I'm hoping to take this one to the endgame in hopes of getting Shaper and what lies beyond.

I've posted my build guide -- there is A LOT of work still to do. My gear is junk from the first few days of Besitary, but I'd like any feedback of improvements you could offer.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ONeillKevinJ/characters

Thanks again -- what an awesome build guide.
IMPORTANT THERE IS A BUG WITH SR TOTEMS AT THE MOMENT

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/823gqq/bug_scorching_ray_totems_damage_doesnt_stack

Damage from multiple totems doesn't stack!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info