BuildOfTheWeek [3.5] Righteous Fire Scorching Ray Totems - Uber Elder ✓ HC ✓ Budget ✓ Starter ✓

Hi there Exile.

First i want to thank you for the awsome guide, im following it now for my starter league character, but i feel like it a little out dated.

If you can update the character gear and passive tree that will be very cool.

Second, I don't know if someone already asked you this question or not but in this build you don't spec into "Ancestral Bond" or you spec in it till you get your 2nd lab points done ?

Thanks for taking time to read my reply.
Hi,

thanks for the guide. After some changes it works quite good at the moment. Bought Balefire and Totem damage with 3 totems looks good enough to go up to t6 without much trouble I guess.

Leveling was a bit of a mess. I didn't feel that the firestorm totem(s) did a lot of damage. So I uses 4l scorching ray totem (bought 4socket Icetomb for 3 fusing and linked it in 1) and firestorm self cast with +1 fire wand. That worked much better. Additionally I felt really squishy, so I used Blasphemy + Enfeeble and Puritiy of Fire as Auras (and still use). That made things much smoother.

Now I have a few questions:

Isn't Rise of the Phoenix superior to Saffel's Frame? I think about buying one, but I'm not sure why Saffel's shall be better (spellblock? spelldamage?). The Spelldamage isn't a huge value.

Is Doon Cuebiyari really the best weapon? How much STR can you possibly stack to get lots of damage out of it? How is Doryanis Catalyst in comparision?

Edit: And which stats should I look for?

Defense: Life + Resist ... anything else?
Offense: Spelldamage, Burning Damage, Fire Damage, Elemental Damage ... anything else? What's with Damage over time, does it effect RF or SR?
Last edited by coutoo on Mar 3, 2018, 1:06:35 PM
I just got my balefire and I'm still using AB for a total of 4 totems. I just melted the act 8 bosses with shit gear. I feel like I don't have to push for RF yet (or if I can even handle the degen)
"
coutoo wrote:
Hi,

thanks for the guide. After some changes it works quite good at the moment. Bought Balefire and Totem damage with 3 totems looks good enough to go up to t6 without much trouble I guess.

Leveling was a bit of a mess. I didn't feel that the firestorm totem(s) did a lot of damage. So I uses 4l scorching ray totem (bought 4socket Icetomb for 3 fusing and linked it in 1) and firestorm self cast with +1 fire wand. That worked much better. Additionally I felt really squishy, so I used Blasphemy + Enfeeble and Puritiy of Fire as Auras (and still use). That made things much smoother.

Isn't Rise of the Phoenix superior to Saffel's Frame? I think about buying one, but I'm not sure why Saffel's shall be better (spellblock? spelldamage?). The Spelldamage isn't a huge value.

Is Doon Cuebiyari really the best weapon? How much STR can you possibly stack to get lots of damage out of it? How is Doryanis Catalyst in comparision?

Offense: Spelldamage, Burning Damage, Fire Damage, Elemental Damage ... anything else? What's with Damage over time, does it effect RF or SR?

I was thinking about this also, Rise of the Pheonix seems pretty good also for RF.
"
Niarhtim wrote:
Any suggestions, as to which ascendancy nodes, I should leave for uber lab? Just did merciless. :>

Arcane reverence last for uber
"
Aimesh wrote:
Hi there Exile.

First i want to thank you for the awsome guide, im following it now for my starter league character, but i feel like it a little out dated.

If you can update the character gear and passive tree that will be very cool.

Second, I don't know if someone already asked you this question or not but in this build you don't spec into "Ancestral Bond" or you spec in it till you get your 2nd lab points done ?

Thanks for taking time to read my reply.

Your prayers have been answered and I have updated the leveling guide section, take a look at the first post =). If you have any questions let me know
"
coutoo wrote:
Hi,

Hi sorry your leveling process was messy, I have updated the guide if you take a look at the first post. and I have added a section to answer your questions
"
Fressure wrote:
I just got my balefire and I'm still using AB for a total of 4 totems. I just melted the act 8 bosses with shit gear. I feel like I don't have to push for RF yet (or if I can even handle the degen)

Unspec out of Ancestral bond and pick elemental equilbrium. That will give you over 72% more damage when you proc EE with Orb of Storms
"
coutoo wrote:
Hi,

I have answer your questions in the updated guide =)
BTW, i switched to Scorching Ray and it causes lots of crashes in 3.2. LOTS.

It's not just me, there is thread about it here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2095187

So beware, better play other skill till its fixed (GGG is already aware of the problem).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info