Meanwhile Bisco is 18+ Ex

"
"
quicksixteen wrote:
Confirmation bias? I was able to maintain t16 maps last league. This league t12 is about the mark. Seems pretty legit

Yeah? This league is notoriously bad for map drops and I'm still maintaining my red maps (T12+). Biscos is snake oil. Just like chaining vaults. The masses are sheep bb

Hey, I could be right or wrong about it, but pretending to think I know I am right rustles the fuck out of some jimmies around here.

What I do know is that I chained guardians last league, and I haven’t gotten close this league. Biscos could have been a factor
I have a legacy and this was back when they cost nothing. I can do 13s or so continuously with it on which means I can progress the char and also get mostly rare drops for chaos recipe. I guess the value of it is nice but I can't see myself selling it ever until my dude is finished. I think it's one of the most OP items in the game.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
Yeah but a couple streamers on youtube ran like 100 maps a piece and found more maps with it so obviously biscos effects drop rates. It's kind of like how I've played slot machines around 100 times in my life and won a bit over 5 grand so obviously the machine will pay me out 5 grand every 100 tries or so, that's the logic these people are using, lol well that and the fact people are trying to justify wasting 15ex an a biscos so they will cling to any napkin math theory that makes them feel better about themselves.

You are aware of the fact that statistics is a pretty exact science, right? And the underlying statistical distributions (binomial distributions, mostly) are pretty well understood and can be both calculated explicitly and estimated pretty well using Gaussian distributions.

So it is pretty clear whether the result is significant or not, the only question is at what significance level you are willing to reject the null hypothesis ('Bisco's does not influence map drops').
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
No, I am not aware because I am not a statistician. I am just going off of what GGG has officially said and what is stated in the Wiki and regardless of that, 60-100 maps is not enough of a sample size to draw any sort of conclusion considering all of the rng involved with loot drops in this game. Feel free to enlighten me though as I am sure you are just frothing at the mouth waiting to show me up with your statistical prowess.

60 maps not enough? Depends. For Mirror drops, it certainly isn't. For Exalt drops, it isn't either. For Chaos drops? Good question. For Wisdom Scroll drops? It definitely is.

Now, for maps, I did the math but I am currently not 100% sure I did it correctly, I would have to re-check that (I am not that great at statistics either, though I had a few courses in statistics). However, the data Empyrian showed is pretty close to being significant on a 3-sigma-level (1 in a 1000 chance that this would occur by chance).
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
Yeah but a couple streamers on youtube ran like 100 maps a piece and found more maps with it so obviously biscos effects drop rates. It's kind of like how I've played slot machines around 100 times in my life and won a bit over 5 grand so obviously the machine will pay me out 5 grand every 100 tries or so, that's the logic these people are using, lol well that and the fact people are trying to justify wasting 15ex an a biscos so they will cling to any napkin math theory that makes them feel better about themselves.

You are aware of the fact that statistics is a pretty exact science, right? And the underlying statistical distributions (binomial distributions, mostly) are pretty well understood and can be both calculated explicitly and estimated pretty well using Gaussian distributions.

So it is pretty clear whether the result is significant or not, the only question is at what significance level you are willing to reject the null hypothesis ('Bisco's does not influence map drops').

No, I am not aware because I am not a statistician. I am just going off of what GGG has officially said and what is stated in the Wiki and regardless of that, 60-100 maps is not enough of a sample size to draw any sort of conclusion considering all of the rng involved with loot drops in this game. Feel free to enlighten me though as I am sure you are just frothing at the mouth waiting to show me up with your statistical prowess.

GGG has never made an official statement on Bisco's.
And seeing as they have just moved this thread it looks like they will never give an official statement on Bisco's. It affects map drops, you're silly to think otherwise.
"
pannra wrote:
GGG has never made an official statement on Bisco's.

True.

I sent a message to support yesterday about this, because I would like to have an official statement. Maybe Bisco's is simply bugged, I cannot believe this behavior is intended. Also, their official statement for general character IIQ strongly implies that the same is true for Bisco's.

Have not gotten any reply from support yet.

Also, why the hell was this thread moved to Gameplay Help and Discussion, where no one will see it? I would not have found it again other than by chance (had it open while it was moved).
Seriously, the mod that keeps moving these posts needs to chill. It was posted in the right forum
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
http://poe.trade/search/okotitemakaseb

LUL
there was a time when there where like a dozen or more chase uniq's that sold for 50ex or more.Now there are very few worth 50ex.I also wish there where lots more chase uniq's.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info