Meanwhile Bisco is 18+ Ex

"

lol, GG legacy ones were basically vendor trash for over a year and then Reddit and confirmation bias memes kicked in. Oh well, if you find one in league you just geared your entire character and filled your atlas so at least there's that.

Bisco's was released in 2.6.

But yeah after Harbinger was done and i was looking through my unsorted mess of a Standard stash, i was genuinely surprised to find a legasy Bisco's just..lying around in one of the tabs. Apparently it dropped during Legacy and i didn't even bother checking it out, just put it in stash to rot :D.

As for today's price - it's absolutely ridiculous. And, in theory, the longer Abyss goes, the lower the price should go - because there's only so many maps you can run with Bisco's until the league ends (or you become bored with it and wait for the next one) and all your stuff ends up in standard.
Now, i know that there are players that only play leagues to make a profit and then transfer that profit to standard, but i've always assumed those to be a minority. And yet, Bisco's price continues to go up with time :D.
"
Now, I did the math. The chance of that being a result of a random distribution and Bisco's / Ventor's not affecting map drops is significantly less than 0.1%

If you did the math, you can certainly proof it. So why just state it?
"
Completed 25 Challengeskuddman wrote:
"
Now, I did the math. The chance of that being a result of a random distribution and Bisco's / Ventor's not affecting map drops is significantly less than 0.1%

If you did the math, you can certainly proof it. So why just state it?

Because he didn't.
"
Char1983 wrote:
quote="quicksixteen"]
"

Bisco's IIQ doesn't work with map drops though so yeah, confirmation bias.

Gonna need to see that in writing.

Are you being sarcastic or actually implying item IIQ affects map drops?[/quote]

Check this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q57itI964s

Now, I did the math. The chance of that being a result of a random distribution and Bisco's / Ventor's not affecting map drops is significantly less than 0.1%.[/quote]

Show us that math part that you did.
x
Last edited by LowBudget780 on Jan 11, 2018 12:21:22 PM
bisco's a pretty dumb item, especially since they took off all quantity off gear at some point. its bis amulet for almost any non-bossing mapping. and it doubles down on the main problem in poe - that white/magic packs are the most rewarding while being completely and utterly harmless to a player
"
"
andreicde wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
Bisco's IIQ doesn't work with map drops though so yeah, confirmation bias.

Gonna need to see that in writing.

Are you being sarcastic or actually implying item IIQ affects map drops?

Check this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q57itI964s

Now, I did the math. The chance of that being a result of a random distribution and Bisco's / Ventor's not affecting map drops is significantly less than 0.1%.[/quote]

Show us that math part that you did.[/quote]

run 10,000 of the same white map twice, one with Biscos and one without and yeah I might buy into the hype but until then it's all bs because these sample sizes people are using are way too small come to any defintive conclusiom.[/quote]

you quoted the wrong person, I only said ''Show us that math part that you did''. Check again
"
grepman wrote:
bisco's a pretty dumb item, especially since they took off all quantity off gear at some point. its bis amulet for almost any non-bossing mapping. and it doubles down on the main problem in poe - that white/magic packs are the most rewarding while being completely and utterly harmless to a player

It's true but shit, on a map you have like 7-800 mobs and one boss so it's kinda unfair to compare. Now we only need a ring that guarantees an orb drop from bosses (ANY orb) and it should even out.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Life is the Emperor's currency, spend it well.
"
Player base: "Wish we had more chase uniques."

GGG: "Sure no problem!"

*Take existing broken unique and make them T0 rarity"

GGG: "There you go guys! Problem solved! Oh and by the way we are putting in easy drop Light Poacher and cheap Poet's pen to maintain balance in the Force."

Poet Pen will get a big nerf (e.g increase internal cooldown, or change to xx% chance to cast instead of always ), or rarity increase.

That’s why not playing poet’s Pen build this league is not an option for me.

Poet’s Pen VD build is so broken. Shotgun? Checked, homing, checked, & the most rediculous, spam the balls before the fight even started.

Go boss arena, spam Balls, move one step forward to activate fight. Boom, fight over.
But I am not complaining, just enjoy it while it last

"
Completed 36 Challengespr13st wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

It's true but shit, on a map you have like 7-800 mobs and one boss so it's kinda unfair to compare. Now we only need a ring that guarantees an orb drop from bosses (ANY orb) and it should even out.
even what out? it's a huge design flaw that doing the most basic content with zero danger/risk yields the most rewards

there's a reason why games, including poe,have penalty for farming low level zones. poe had had a currency penalty for low level zones for ages - because you shouldn't be able to farm currency reliably in an environment where you one shot eveyrthing

well, you one shot everything in maps. and you have no penalty. you have anti penalty in bicsos

either white/blue mobs need to fight back. or the currency drop from them needs to be nerfs into oblivion.

again, it's super flawed design that farming a zone with zero risk gets you any item in the game, even if this item is only dropped by a tough boss. it does not make any sense

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info