Season One, Race Event 21: One Week Party

"
Gergoo2 wrote:
"
Valmar wrote:
Im probably in the mimority, but I like the reward points in the 1 week race.
I will probably do and get zero points, but it doesnt matter. Its just a good moment to start another character, and so I will do.

If I manage to earn some points, its just a plus.

+1
Nah, if i want to start a new character it would be more effective to do it in a 3h race and get 4-5 points easily then continue to play it in the regular hc league. But lets agree to disagree ;)
"
Hampan wrote:
"
Gergoo2 wrote:
"
Valmar wrote:
Im probably in the mimority, but I like the reward points in the 1 week race.
I will probably do and get zero points, but it doesnt matter. Its just a good moment to start another character, and so I will do.

If I manage to earn some points, its just a plus.

+1
Nah, if i want to start a new character it would be more effective to do it in a 3h race and get 4-5 points easily then continue to play it in the regular hc league. But lets agree to disagree ;)

The point is you can do all of them.
You can start new character in the 1week, plus do races and earn points in them.
When races are not ON and you got free time, then you can level up your 1 week race new character.

If, at the end of the week, you have earn some points, then you will have:

Points from races
New char leveled
Points for one week (as a plus, if you managed to leveled it up).

If you do the thing you said, you won't have the last one.
If it means zero points, then its the same, but if its more than 1 point, my decission is a bit superior I think, just IMHO.

Anyway, as I said in other posts, since Open Beta started, the forum is plenty of complainning and whinning people, whinning almost for all.
For god shake, guys, this is a free game. And even 60$+ games don't have events like this. Diablo2 got some ladders, but have no rewards, but they are not even like this kind of short leagues, awesome.

We even would not need any rewards at all to make fun with races. But we got the plus of rewards.

But no... people just complain about everything: crap rewards, crap items, crap system, blablabla, crap rewards in 1 week race...

I just can't believe it. How bad this forum is evolving since open beta started.

People better be more thankful, we got an excelent game with funny races, and all for free, guys. Time to have fun.

IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Mar 2, 2013, 8:10:25 AM
Don't worry, you usually only see the ones complaining in threads like these. Lots of people are content with the setup and understand that this is the very first week race of season 1 in open beta. Someone said 90% of people won't be playing. I can guarantee you that even that 10% would be a higher number than those who participated in previous week races in closed beta. So it's good data for the devs. My main interest in the race is a fresh economy, and to see how much I can actually play in a week so I know what to aim for in future races.
Last edited by dandan88 on Mar 2, 2013, 8:20:56 AM
Im playing the game becouse i like it and a fresh start even if only for a week is a fun new thing for a fun new build.

Join or dont but stop whining about every little thing. These devs produce more at a higher pace than most gamedevs do and its free.

You like it and its format play, you dont well dont play.. :) theres tons of formats to choose from just pick the ones to you liking. easy as that.
"
Chris wrote:
If we gave large reward points prizes for getting to certain levels then all players who are competing in Season One would feel compelled to get to that level in the one week race for the sake of getting those prizes. It would mean that people's hard work getting to the skill level required to win decent point rewards from the shorter races would be invalidated by slow and steady participation in this league (a week is plenty of time to get to level 60 or whatever the tier would be).

If we gave out small rewards points prizes for specific levels then people would complain that getting to level 60 is too much work for say two points (compared to the shorter duration races). Our goal is not to make people play in a one week event for the sake of it. They should play because they're going to have fun or because they think they can do it better than other players.

The goal of the one week race is to:
a) Provide a place where people who want a fresh league/economy for a week can play. These people don't necessarily care about the season reward points.
b) Provide a way for racers to show their mastery of longer duration events. They have to make tough choices about how much of that one week event they want to give up for smaller events that may win them more (or less, upon death) prizes.

There will be other one week events in the future with much more generous prize structures. That's not appropriate for this particular slot in Season One though.

We are listening hard to the feedback and making changes (for example moving the event times around to be better for Americans and adding one-point thresholds for the shorter races). I'm sorry that we're holding our ground with this race, but we do feel it's going to be a fun event and an important (but not overwhelming) contributor to the results of Season One.

The prize of probably nothing isn't gonna make my friends start playing again :/ (hour races neither)
"
Valmar wrote:

The point is you can do all of them.
You can start new character in the 1week, plus do races and earn points in them.
When races are not ON and you got free time, then you can level up your 1 week race new character.

If, at the end of the week, you have earn some points, then you will have:

Points from races
New char leveled
Points for one week (as a plus, if you managed to leveled it up).

If you do the thing you said, you won't have the last one.
If it means zero points, then its the same, but if its more than 1 point, my decission is a bit superior I think, just IMHO.

Yes you could do all races. But if you have limited time to play, lets say 10-15 hours during the week, you would have to choose either 2 points (if even that) from the one week or maybe 10 times that in short races. For me that's a no-brainer as i want to get points toward the season rewards. I would have liked to do the one week because it's a bigger challange, but as it is now i can't justify it. Maybe it would have been a better option not to run short races during the one week.

Now this is my opinion and i believe a forum is the right place to voice you opinions without other ppl whining about it.

Peace Out
"
Hampan wrote:

Yes you could do all races. But if you have limited time to play, lets say 10-15 hours during the week, you would have to choose either 2 points (if even that) from the one week or maybe 10 times that in short races. For me that's a no-brainer as i want to get points toward the season rewards. I would have liked to do the one week because it's a bigger challange, but as it is now i can't justify it. Maybe it would have been a better option not to run short races during the one week.

Now this is my opinion and i believe a forum is the right place to voice you opinions without other ppl whining about it.

Peace Out

Yeah you are right in those points, mate.

The "whinning comments" were not about you, ofc; just for some comments in other pages from other people, and in general about the forum nowadays ;)

IGN: Gonorreitor
many ppl dont get that this race is really just for the very competitive hardcore players and more about prestige/skill whatever, while the 1-4-hour-races are for the more casuals to farm points for the prizes and are a lot more effected by pure randomness.

this is not about "meh i want fancy rewooaard", its about who ownzzz at this game.

im rather bad so i wont participate here lol, but the idea of this race is right while most of the critic here is just plain wrong.
Seems to me that Chris is catering to his buddys and testers again. That is his choice, but the race numbers are dropping fast even for the 1st week. And its a direct reflection of this.

What I don't understand most the hardcore peeps that are unemployed and live with parents are broke and can not help donate much, I guess it the video's the like the traffic from that. Its really sad to see them sitting there playing. Im like damn pick up that room, wash ur self lol.

And people like me that want to donate more cash but refuse to while such favoritism is there.

Really Chris ? you cant offer like 10 points for a weeks worth of game play ? Really ?

Its a slap in the face to the people that have jobs and family's that want to enjoy the game and prizes.

Example: should be a weekly limit on points for 1-10 places for repeat winners or how many time you can win a ammy.

Nothing. Give them more, the rest less

. . .
Did anyone consider the prizes aren't as time efficient for the weekly race because realistically you should never be playing a week straight?

I believe the idea here is to have a fun weekly race. Not to have a mandatory weekly race that requires you to play 24/7 for a week. If the rewards were to scale with the other races assuming you sleep like 6 hours a day? Even for an average player that would be almost 500 reward points...

The worst the weekly rewards are the less likely people will be to play unhealthy amounts. I bet the best players will be doing all the shorter races still and trying to take it a bit easy on this one. I doubt they want to priorities this race. If they do its for practice and pride not the reward...

I am fine with this reward structure maybe I will aim for top 500 for example and learn a new class since its way longer.

I feel that the current race schedule is already a big enough time commitment and its very fun. It would feel wrong to me if I felt like I really HAD to try to win a week long race.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info